|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just because work groups unite in a federation, it does not necessarily mean that they will become what?
2. What does Hitler find that many other parties are doing?
3. To Hitler, the ability to feed the nation depends on what?
4. How can written matter be successful as propaganda?
5. Does Hitler believe that once his party is in control it can do away with existing organizations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the views of the movement?
2. What happens when the monarchy collapses in 1918?
3. What are the foundations of the old state?
4. What strong points exist in German foreign policy?
5. What is the purpose of the National Socialist state?
6. What are Hitler's beliefs about Russia?
7. With what is this chapter concerned?
8. What are Hitler's views on the issue of whether Germany should be a federated or unified state?
9. What does Hitler say about the current political powers?
10. What does Hitler do when he joins the German Workers' Party? Why is this important to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler does not see the state as a group of economic units.
Part 1) How does he see the state? How has his past influenced this belief?
Part 2) According to Hitler, how can this state be preserved? Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this belief compare with the American view of the state?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler says there are three different concepts of state.
Part 1) What are these three concepts? How has he decided on these three concepts?
Part 2) With what conception does he agree? Why? How does this lead into his beliefs about nationalism, racial blending, and the ideal state?
Part 3) What is the ideal state, according to Hitler? How does this compare to the United States today? What are your thoughts about this state? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler wants to be an artist.
Part 1) Is he a professional artist? Why is his career cut short?
Part 2) How does his inability to study the art form he would like lead him down another path?
Part 3) How different might Hitler's life have been, if he had been given the opportunity to work in the style he preferred? Why?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)