|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of men makes good organizers?
2. Since the 1918 end of the monarchy, what has the government been in regards to foreign affairs, according to Hitler?
3. How does Hitler prove his point regarding the previous question?
4. According to Hitler, what must Germany inevitably win?
5. When is the National Socialist German Workers Party dissolved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitler say about the connection between a pure state and victory?
2. What does this chapter contain? How does he begin this chapter?
3. What happens when the monarchy collapses in 1918?
4. What elements form the basis for state authority?
5. For what does Hitler blame the Jews?
6. What is one of the views of the movement?
7. What are the consequences of the end of World War I for Germany?
8. Who does Hitler believe should be educated in the area of foreign affairs? Why?
9. What makes one a citizen or a foreigner? What does Hitler mean by a folkish state?
10. What are Hitler's thoughts on trade unions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler's parents die when he is a teenager.
Part 1) How do their deaths affect him?
Part 2) How does the government's policy on dealing with orphans also affect Hitler's life?
Part 3) How might Hitler's life have turned out differently, if his parents had survived to see him reach adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler's memories of Vienna are of hard work and misery.
Part 1) Describe his time in Vienna. How do his experiences in this city strengthen his beliefs from childhood?
Part 2) What leads Hitler down a political path while in Vienna?
Part 3) How different might Hitler have been if his experiences in Vienna had been pleasant?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler compares democratic parliamentarianism to German democracy.
Part 1) What is democratic parliamentarianism? What is German democracy? Why does he compare these two?
Part 2) With which form does he find faults? What does this reveal about his beliefs about the way a country should be governed?
Part 3) What do these beliefs foreshadow about the future?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)