|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elements form the basis for state authority?
2. What would be would be a rallying point against Marxism?
3. Since the 1918 end of the monarchy, what has the government been in regards to foreign affairs, according to Hitler?
4. What meetings does Hitler attend in the 1919-1921 period?
5. What should be the goal of the present foreign policy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hitler's beliefs about Russia?
2. How is it wrong to view a state?
3. What does Hitler say about the connection between a pure state and victory?
4. What are Hitler's views on the issue of whether Germany should be a federated or unified state?
5. What elements form the basis for state authority?
6. What happens when the monarchy collapses in 1918?
7. What are the foundations of the old state?
8. What does this chapter contain? How does he begin this chapter?
9. How does Hitler feel that every movement has to be divided?
10. What happens to Hitler's organization by 1922?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler forms philosophies while in Vienna.
Part 1) Describe his philosophies. How do his experiences in Vienna influence his philosophies?
Part 2) How are these philosophies reinforced throughout the book?
Part 3) What does this say about mankind and one's experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler compares democratic parliamentarianism to German democracy.
Part 1) What is democratic parliamentarianism? What is German democracy? Why does he compare these two?
Part 2) With which form does he find faults? What does this reveal about his beliefs about the way a country should be governed?
Part 3) What do these beliefs foreshadow about the future?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler proves a point by reviewing the factors that lead to the formation and development of culture.
Part 1) What makes one a citizen in Germany's state at this time in history? How does this differ from what Hitler believes to be a citizen? Why does this difference exist?
Part 2) What factors regarding the formation and development of culture does he give to prove his belief that his folkish state is ideal? How is this connected with who he considers to be citizens?
Part 3) What aspects of his beliefs with which do you agree? Why? What aspects with which do you not agree? Why?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)