|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The basis for nationality and race is what?
2. What does the year 1915 mark?
3. At what is the emphasis of the propaganda directed?
4. Why is the army watchful of political parties?
5. How do the Germans view the Triple Alliance they have with Austria and Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Hitler born?
2. What does Hitler think about the press, as well as those that read what is printed?
3. Describe Germany before the war. What happens to Germany? Why does this happen, according to various sources?
4. What are Hitler's thoughts about the plight of the peasant boy?
5. What does Hitler see as the conceptions of the state?
6. On what does this chapter concentrate? What are Hitler's thoughts about taking part in politics publicly? Why?
7. What does Hitler do once Germany becomes involved in World War I?
8. What does Hitler say about the term religious?
9. In what does racial mixing result? How can all mankind be divided?
10. How does Hitler feel about the time he spends in Vienna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler's distaste for Jews begins when he is fifteen.
Part 1) Why does he have a distaste the Jews?
Part 2) What is the connection between his distaste and the misery he experiences in Vienna?
Part 3) How does this distaste become hatred? How does this hatred affect his views and beliefs throughout the rest of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler wants to be an artist.
Part 1) Is he a professional artist? Why is his career cut short?
Part 2) How does his inability to study the art form he would like lead him down another path?
Part 3) How different might Hitler's life have been, if he had been given the opportunity to work in the style he preferred? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler's memories of Vienna are of hard work and misery.
Part 1) Describe his time in Vienna. How do his experiences in this city strengthen his beliefs from childhood?
Part 2) What leads Hitler down a political path while in Vienna?
Part 3) How different might Hitler have been if his experiences in Vienna had been pleasant?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)