|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Austria have a common cultural foundation?
2. What does Hitler see happening to the nation by 1918?
3. What is Hitler's father's career?
4. When is a race culture-bearing?
5. How does Hitler view the racial issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the year 1915 mark? What happens by 1918?
2. What are Hitler's thoughts on nationalism and Germanization?
3. Describe Hitler's parents.
4. By what is Hitler sickened, regarding the German people?
5. Describe Germany before the war. What happens to Germany? Why does this happen, according to various sources?
6. How does Hitler view the racial issue?
7. What does Hitler believe are the desires of many? How does Hitler hope to take advantage of this?
8. When Hitler feels that he cannot join any of the existing political parties, what does he decide to do?
9. When does Hitler return to Munich? What does he find there?
10. On what does this chapter concentrate? What are Hitler's thoughts about taking part in politics publicly? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The German empire begins to crumble in 1848.
Part 1) Why does it begin to crumble? How does this affect the German people? What role might this have in Hitler's feelings of nationalism?
Part 2) How is the government changed at this time? How does Hitler feel about these changes? Why does he feel this way?
Part 3) How are Hitler's views on this form of government changed over the years? Why are his views changed?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler becomes interested in propaganda.
Part 1) How does he become interested in propaganda? What is significant about his interest in propaganda?
Part 2) What role does propaganda play in the growth of his party?
Part 3) How is propaganda used today? How does this compare to the propaganda of Hitler's time? Why do these similarities and differences exist?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler compares democratic parliamentarianism to German democracy.
Part 1) What is democratic parliamentarianism? What is German democracy? Why does he compare these two?
Part 2) With which form does he find faults? What does this reveal about his beliefs about the way a country should be governed?
Part 3) What do these beliefs foreshadow about the future?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)