|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hitler travel to Vienna?
(a) To look for his family.
(b) To take the entrance exams at the Academy so he can study art.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To join the military.
2. What does Hitler's father want him to become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dictator.
(c) An artist.
(d) A civil servant.
3. What does Hitler see as the end result of the plight of the worker?
(a) A life full of struggles that result in riches.
(b) A life of wealth and happiness.
(c) A life of love and hard work.
(d) A life that leads to degeneration of the individual.
4. When does Hitler feel the problems begin in Germany?
(a) When the other European nations attack them.
(b) When the Jews leave Germany.
(c) When the Jews begin arriving in Germany.
(d) When the peasants begin to move to the cities and unemployment problems begin.
5. After Hitler is injured and placed in a hospital, he is amazed by what?
(a) The quality of nursing staff available.
(b) The men bragging about their own acts of cowardice.
(c) How happy the men seem to be.
(d) How many men are injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the goal of the people is nationalism and Germanization, the term does not apply to people but to what?
2. What does the year 1915 mark?
3. The basis for nationality and race is what?
4. What does Hitler not like about German-speaking Jews?
5. During this period of what does Hitler become aware?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hitler's views on the issue of whether Germany should be a federated or unified state?
2. What does Hitler believe are the desires of many? How does Hitler hope to take advantage of this?
3. What is Hitler's impression of the lecture? What does Hitler do at this lecture?
4. What are the foundations of the old state?
5. What is happening to the Austrian state at this time?
6. How is Hitler's birthplace symbolic to him?
7. What does Hitler notice about the bourgeois meetings?
8. How does Hitler feel that every movement has to be divided?
9. How does Hitler view the racial issue?
10. What elements form the basis for state authority?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)