|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the 1918 end of the monarchy, what has the government been in regards to foreign affairs, according to Hitler?
(a) A success.
(b) Fairly weak.
(c) A failure.
(d) Somewhat successful.
2. With what is this chapter concerned?
(a) The alliance policy of Germany in the years following the Thirty Years War.
(b) The alliance policy of Germany in the years following Russo-Japanese War.
(c) The alliance policy of Germany in the years following World War I.
(d) The alliance policy of Germany in the years following World War II.
3. What does Hitler feel is the most important issue confronting Germany?
(a) The Russian issue.
(b) The Jewish issue.
(c) The issue of wealth.
(d) The French issue.
4. What disrupts the balance of the three groups of people?
(a) Poverty and starvation.
(b) The war and high casualties.
(c) The end of the monarchy and change in political views.
(d) The rise of Marxism and other socialist orders.
5. What does Hitler know they need to provide the members of the Party?
(b) Food and drink.
(d) A common bond.
6. What is the purpose of propaganda?
(a) To make the population question their beliefs.
(b) To make the population nervous and unsure.
(c) To make the population ready to accept an idea and its victory.
(d) To make the population suspicious of those in power.
7. Wage differentials and economic progress do not make ____________.
(a) Germany any safer.
(c) A philosophy.
(d) A country wealthy.
8. Of what does a federated state consist?
(a) One united state.
(b) A group of loosely-connected states.
(c) A state that is run by a federal government.
(d) A league of sovereign states.
9. What are the results of all of the attempts at harming the party or its leaders?
(a) They fail.
(b) They are damaging to the party and its leaders.
(c) They are somewhat successful.
(d) They succeed.
10. In a folkish state, what are the issues?
(a) Race and nationality.
(b) Fluency in German.
(c) Understanding of the culture.
(d) Wealth and education.
11. When is the National Socialist German Workers Party dissolved?
(a) On November 9, 1923.
(b) On November 9, 1913.
(c) On November 9, 1933.
(d) On November 9, 1903.
12. The old Reich appears weak to the outside. What does it gives its citizens?
(a) No freedom.
(b) Some freedom.
(c) What is needed to survive.
(d) Internal freedom.
13. Toward what must the policy undertaken by present-day Germany be directed?
(a) Securing freedom in the future.
(b) Isolating and protecting the German states.
(c) Preserving the character of the German people.
(d) Encouraging trade between Germany and other nations.
14. What is the purpose of pre-War foreign policy?
(a) To encourage communication between Germany and other countries.
(b) To protect all who live within the borders of Germany.
(c) To isolate the German states.
(d) To help preserve the character of the German people.
15. Where is the Party's first great meeting held?
(a) In Frankfort's Union Hall.
(b) In the basement of the biergarten.
(c) In Hitler's home town.
(d) In the Festsaal of the Hofbrauhaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the purpose of the National Socialist trade union?
2. Are the successes of coalitions usually lasting?
3. How are the borders of these federated states created?
4. To what do the disarmament terms of the peace treaty lead the French to think?
5. When Hitler joins the German Workers' Party, of what is he the head?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)