Volume 1: Chapter 1, In the House of My Parents
• Hitler is born in the town of Braunau on the Inn which is on the border of two German states; he sees the need for the German state to return to its days of glory and strength, and the borders of the country should include every German.
• Hitler is raised by his father, a civil servant and his mother.
• The young Hitler is constantly having verbal disputes with his classmates and becomes interested in the military and war from reading magazines and books.
• Hitler's father decides that the boy should be sent to high school, a Realschule and is set on his son becoming a civil servant like himself but the young Hitler makes it clear that he does not want to be a civil servant; Hitler wants to be an artist.
• Hitler becomes a nationalist and he begins to...
This section contains 4,614 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)