|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gurdjieff sell paper flowers and what else does he sell there?
(a) In Alexandropol where he also sells pencil boxes.
(b) In Rome where he also sells shoes.
(c) In Kars where he also sells cardboard guns.
(d) In New Bukara where he also sells dyed sparrows.
2. What are Soloviev's early vices?
(a) street fighting and gambling
(b) gluttony and cruelty to animals
(c) lying and cheating in school
(d) drinking and stealing from his mother
3. What town, inaccessible to Europeans, do Skridlov and Gurdjieff want to go to after visiting Bukara?
4. Why did the expedition travel towards Bagdad instead of going as previously planned to the Persian Gulf?
(a) They decided the origiinal journey was too dangerous.
(b) Karpenko and Prince Nijeradze had fallen ill
(c) They had heard about a wise old priest with a secret to share
(d) They had run out of food.
5. What did Gurdjieff and Yelov have in common?
(a) an interest in becoming wealthy
(b) an interest in women
(c) an interest in medicine
(d) an interest in books and philosophical questions
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gurdjieff meet Karpenko?
2. What did Yelov think about his father?
3. Whom do Gurdjieff and Skridlov meet in Afridis?
4. What had Soloviev been at one time?
5. What was his father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gurdjieff and his friends decide to do together?
2. What degree does Karpenko with?
3. What does Gurdjieff remember about Yelov?
4. What does Vitvitskaia do while she is living with the Prince's sister?
5. What was the main lesson Skridlov and Gurdjieff learned in the Monastery?
6. Where does Gurdjieff meet the Prince again after two years of thinking him dead?
7. What do Skridlov and Gurdjieff disguise themselves as and how?
8. What is the bond between Gurdjieff and Yelov?
9. Whom do Gurdjieff and his friends go out of their way to see on their journey?
10. When does Gurdjieff meet Skridlov for the second time and what happens?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)