|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Gurdjieff's family first intended him to be?
(a) a cattle herder
(b) an ashokh or bard
(c) a priest
(d) a soldier
2. What legend did Gurdjieff's father and Dean Borsh discuss all night while Gurdjieff and his uncle listened to them?
(a) the legend of "the Creation of the World"
(b) the legend of " The Lost City of Babul"
(c) the legend of the "Flood before the Flood"
(d) the legend of "the Secret of the Gobi Desert"
3. What did the Imastun brethren study?
(a) tablets from the Dead Sea
(b) the bible
(c) ancient legends
4. In whose house did Gurdjieff and Pogossian stay in the city of N?
(a) in the house of an Armenian farmer
(b) in the house of a Kurdish shepherd
(c) in the house of an Armenian priest
(d) in the house of a Russian prince
5. What did Father Borsh look like?
(a) He was large and robust with a ruddy complexion
(b) He was tall and big-boned with an intelligent face
(c) He was short and fat and wore glasses
(d) He was tall and thin, with a fine-looking face
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff's father lose his fortune as the richest cattle owner in Armenia?
2. What was the title of the introduction Gurdjieff had originally planned for the thirtieth book?
3. What treasure did Gurdjieff secretly get from the Armenian priest?
4. When did Gurdjieff meet Bogachevsky?
5. What is the other name Bogachevsky goes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe an ashokh.
2. Describe Bogachevsky.
3. What was the story of Gilgamesh?
4. What happened two years later when Pogossian returned to Kars where was was to be ordained?
5. Who were the Imastun brethren?
6. Why did people consider Father Borsh peculiar?
7. What was the relationship between Gurdjieff's father and Dean Borsh?
8. What did Father Borsh, Gurdjieff's first tutor, think of the experiment in spiritualism using the table?
9. What did Father Borsh do sometimes for a rest?
10. Why did Gurdjieff go to Alexandropol?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)