|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Material Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the bards sing when they competed in contests?
2. Where does Gurdjieff meet Professor Skridlov for the second time and what do they do?
(a) They meet on Patmos and explore antiquities.
(b) THey meet in Russia and discuss their travels.
(c) They meet in Thebes and they excavate a tomb together.
(d) They meet in Armenia and search for old parchments.
3. Why did the subject of spiritualism make a strong impression on Gurdjieff?
(a) because of the recent death of his favorite sister
(b) because he wanted to take part in a seance
(c) because his dead sister appeared to him in a dream
(d) because he wanted to believe in immortality
4. Who wound up with the girl, Gurdjieff or Karpenko?
(a) neither, they both lost interest in her
(b) Gurdjieff because he played the guitar
(c) Another one of their friends who was a neighbor of hers
(d) Karpenko because he brought her sweets and flowers
5. For whom is Gurdjieff working when he first meets Prince Ludbovedsky?
(a) for his father
(b) for the Russian archaeologist Skridlov
(c) for the English on a ship anchored at Alexandria
(d) for Dean Borsh
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gurdjieff's youngest niece supposed to do for him?
2. What are Soloviev's early vices?
3. What did Yelov think about his father?
4. Where does Prince Lubovedsky's search take him first?
5. Where did Captain Pogossian spend his childhood?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)