|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Material Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff and Pogossian secure passage on a ship to Egypt?
(a) They got jobs as crew members on an Egyptian ship.
(b) The bribed a ship's captain to take them to Egypt.
(c) They came to the aid of some English sailors in a fight.
(d) They sneaked on board a ship destined for Alexandria
2. How did Gurdjieff view his father?
(a) like an older brother who instilled high ideals in him
(b) like a fool whom he had no respect for
(c) like a very stern patriarch whom he feared
(d) like a friend who was somewhat beneath him
3. What did Gurdjieff propose to do in his second book, "Meetings with Remarkable Men"?
(a) write an entertaining book, enjoyable to everyone
(b) build up his ego, describing all his accomplishments
(c) create a consciousness devoid of illusions in people like himself
(d) write a sort of travel log of his travels through exotic lands
4. How did Gurdjieff and Pogossian happen to meet?
(a) They met in a church where there had been a miracle
(b) Gurdjieff was delivering a parcel to him from his parents
(c) They met at an inn where they both happened to be staying
(d) .They met at the marketplace in Echmiadzin.
5. Besides having an accident with a firearm, what other prediction of the fortuneteller came true about Gurdjieff?
(a) A large sore, a carbuncle, appeared on Gurdjieff's side
(b) Gurdjieff came down with pneumonia.
(c) A severe rash broke out all over Gurdjieff's body
(d) Gurdjieff fell ill with a high fever
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gurdjieff stay in Ekim Bey's house?
2. Whom does Gurdjieff meet in a billiard hall in New Bukara and what transpires?
3. What was Gurdjieff's purpose in traveling to Echmiadzin?
4. What does Vitvitskaia do while she stay with Prince Lubovedsky's sister?
5. How does Gurdjieff sum up the literature of his times?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)