|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Material Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gurjieff didn't see Karpenko after the incident with the girl but when would he hear from him?
(a) He'd receive letters on birthdays and on his Saint's days
(b) He'd receive Christmas presents from him.
(c) He'd hear from him at Easter
(d) He'd receive letters every summer.
2. What religion do Gurdjieff and Skridlov want to find out about?
3. What subjects did Ponomarenko teach Gurdjieff?
(a) Russian and geography
(b) geography and history
(c) philosophy and Turkish
(d) mathematics and history
4. What was an ashokh which Gurdjieff's father was?
(a) a skilled craftsman in many countries of the Transcaucasia
(b) a bard who composed, recited or sang songs, poems, etc.
(c) a farmer owning a large herd of either cattle or sheep
(d) a musician who played an instrument unique to Turkey
5. Where does Gurdjieff sell paper flowers and what else does he sell there?
(a) In Kars where he also sells cardboard guns.
(b) In Rome where he also sells shoes.
(c) In Alexandropol where he also sells pencil boxes.
(d) In New Bukara where he also sells dyed sparrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff and Pogossian secure passage on a ship to Egypt?
2. What did the Imastun brethren study?
3. What did Krestovsky teach Gurdjieff?
4. How did Yelov view his mother?
5. In whose house did Gurdjieff and Pogossian stay in the city of N?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)