|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Material Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the bards sing when they competed in contests?
2. What tendency of his father's nature was defined by Gurdieff as virtuous?
(a) his father didn't take advantage of people's naivete or bad luck
(b) His father was loyal to his family and friends
(c) His father was extremely reliable in his business dealings
(d) His father never told a lie
3. What was Father Borsh's view about a youth before he attained adulthood?
(a) He was a non-entity.
(b) He wasn't responsible for any of his acts
(c) He should be severely punished for wrong doing
(d) He was responsible for his acts.
4. How does Gurdjieff remember Pogossian?
(a) as a lazy but dear friend
(b) as a workaholic who became a wealthy ship owner
(c) as a simple man with a deep faith
(d) as a fellow adventurer who never achieved his goals
5. Gurdjieff read books on various subjects written in what languages?
(a) Greek, Hebrew and Turko-Tartar
(b) Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek
(c) Greek, Armenian and Russian
(d) Greek, Turkish and Latin
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books had Gurdjieff first planned to write ?
2. What was Gurdjieff's youngest niece supposed to do for him?
3. How was Yelov considered by his family?
4. Where is the chief monastery of the Essene Brotherhood situated?
5. Between what ages did Father Borsh feel a male was fully developed?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)