|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Material Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the chief monastery of the Essene Brotherhood situated?
(a) near the sea of Galilee
(b) in Nazareth
(c) near Jerusalem
(d) not far from the shores of the Dead Sea
2. For whom is Gurdjieff working when he first meets Prince Ludbovedsky?
(a) for his father
(b) for the Russian archaeologist Skridlov
(c) for the English on a ship anchored at Alexandria
(d) for Dean Borsh
3. What did Gurdjieff propose to do in his second book, "Meetings with Remarkable Men"?
(a) write a sort of travel log of his travels through exotic lands
(b) create a consciousness devoid of illusions in people like himself
(c) write an entertaining book, enjoyable to everyone
(d) build up his ego, describing all his accomplishments
4. What did Ekim Bey write in a later letter to Gurdjieff?
(a) He wrote that he had joined the military.
(b) He wrote that he had become a dervish.
(c) He wrote he was a physician and would like to visit Gurdjieff
(d) He wrote that he was traveling to Egypt .
5. How did the stories Gurdjieff's father told him influence him in his later life?
(a) he remembered them when he suffered from insomnia
(b) he told them to his own children
(c) they were a spiritualizing factor, enabling him to comprehend the incomprehensible
(d) they were a constant reminder of his father and his father's goodness
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gurdjieff and Yelov have in common?
2. What did Pogossian look like?
3. What did Sokolov teach Gurdjieff?
4. What finally happens to Vitvitskaia?
5. What did Gurdjieff's aunt warn him about?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)