|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Piotr Karpenko.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Gurdjieff's first tutor hold?
(a) He was a priest in Gurdjieff's church
(b) He was bishop of the Kars Cathedral
(c) He was the dean of a university
(d) He was dean of the Kars Military Cathedral
2. What school was Ekim Bey attending when Gurdjieff met him?
(a) a school for whirlling dervishes in Turkey
(b) a military school in Germany
(c) a school of higher eduction in Russia
(d) a cathedral choir school in Kars
3. What language did the bards sing when they competed in contests?
4. How old was Dean Borsh when he first taught Gurdjieff and visited his father to discuss religious and historical subjects?
5. In whose house did Gurdjieff and Pogossian stay in the city of N?
(a) in the house of an Armenian farmer
(b) in the house of a Kurdish shepherd
(c) in the house of an Armenian priest
(d) in the house of a Russian prince
Short Answer Questions
1. What treasure did Gurdjieff secretly get from the Armenian priest?
2. What were the Aisors called?
3. Where did Gurdjieff witness his third ashokh contest?
4. Where was Sarkis Pogossian born and of what race was he?
5. Why did the subject of spiritualism make a strong impression on Gurdjieff?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)