|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mr. X or Captain Pogossian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gurdjieff, contemporary literature falls into which three categories?
(a) non-fiction, poetry and journalism
(b) science books, magazines and newspapers
(c) the scientific field, narratives (novels) and descriptions
(d) non-fiction, newspapers and travel books
2. What did Father Borsh look like?
(a) He was short and fat and wore glasses
(b) He was large and robust with a ruddy complexion
(c) He was tall and big-boned with an intelligent face
(d) He was tall and thin, with a fine-looking face
3. What, in Gurdjieff's opinion, has harmed contemporary literature?
(a) readers who are easily taken in by inferior, sensational writing
(b) writers seeking fame rather than quality
(c) the grammars of all languages
(d) not enough good writers
4. How did Gurdjieff's father lose his fortune as the richest cattle owner in Armenia?
(a) He lost his cattle gambling
(b) A rival cattle owner stole most of his cattle
(c) He was a bad breeder and couldn't care for his cattle
(d) a widespread cattle plague
5. What was Pogossian bitten by?
(a) a malaria mosquito
(b) a big yellow phalanga, a kind of tarantula
(c) a viper
(d) a Kurd sheep dog
Short Answer Questions
1. On their expedition in search of the school run by the Sarmoung Brotherhood what experience causes Gurdjieff and Pogossian great fear but then hilarious laughter?
2. How does Gurdjieff remember Pogossian?
3. How did Gurdjieff and Pogossian secure passage on a ship to Egypt?
4. Why did people think Dean Borsh was peculiar?
5. How did Gurdjieff view his father?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)