|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mr. X or Captain Pogossian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gurdjieff's purpose in traveling to Echmiadzin?
(a) He was visiting relatives.
(b) He was on holiday.
(c) He sought answers to questions of supernatural phenomena.
(d) He was looking for work since he was out of money.
2. What did Gurdjieff dream of specializing in?
(a) He dreamed of becoming a writer.
(b) He dreamed of medical specialization.
(c) He dreamed of technical specialization.
(d) He dreamed of the spiritual specialization of the priesthood.
3. Gurdjieff intended to write his book in accordance with what counsel for living employed by Mullah Nassr
(a) "strive to work hard, be modest and help others"
(b) "strive to attain what is useful for others and pleasant for oneself"
(c) "strive to attain knowledge and use it in one's life"
(d) "strive to be honest and virtuous in all that you do"
4. What would Gurdjieff's father do on evenings before Sundays and holidays?
(a) lay out his clothes for Sunday
(b) tell stories to his children
(c) write letters to his friends
(d) go to bed late
5. What subjects did Ponomarenko teach Gurdjieff?
(a) mathematics and history
(b) philosophy and Turkish
(c) Russian and geography
(d) geography and history
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gurdjieff remember Pogossian?
2. What did Sokolov teach Gurdjieff?
3. Gurdjieff read books on various subjects written in what languages?
4. What was the title of the first book in Gurdjieff's series?
5. How many books had Gurdjieff first planned to write ?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)