|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mr. X or Captain Pogossian.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the stories Gurdjieff's father told him influence him in his later life?
(a) they were a constant reminder of his father and his father's goodness
(b) he told them to his own children
(c) they were a spiritualizing factor, enabling him to comprehend the incomprehensible
(d) he remembered them when he suffered from insomnia
2. What had Gurdjieff promised himself to do after completing his first series of writing?
(a) consult with all his learned tutors
(b) visit his relatives and friends and relax
(c) go on a vacation to the Black Sea
(d) drink all the bottles of Calvados in the wine cellar of the Prieure
3. What did Pogossian's parents do for a living?
(a) His father was a merchant, his mother a housewife.
(b) His father was a teacher, his mother a laundress.
(c) His father was a dyer, his mother an embroideress in gold
(d) His father was a potter, his mother a seamstress.
4. In whose house did Gurdjieff and Pogossian stay in the city of N?
(a) in the house of a Kurdish shepherd
(b) in the house of an Armenian priest
(c) in the house of an Armenian farmer
(d) in the house of a Russian prince
5. What state did Gurdjieff experience, according to Mullah Nassr Eddin's words, after many sleepless nights?
(a) "to feel oneself tired to the bone"
(b) "to feel oneself plunged in galoshes to the eyebrows"
(c) "to feel oneself run over by a herd of camels"
(d) "to feel like death warmed over"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Vseslavsky?
2. Where did the second contest that Gurdjieff witnessed take place?
3. Why did people think Dean Borsh was peculiar?
4. Who was Kouzmin?
5. What was Pogossian bitten by?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)