|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, My First Tutor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Gurdjieff's first tutor hold?
(a) He was a priest in Gurdjieff's church
(b) He was dean of the Kars Military Cathedral
(c) He was bishop of the Kars Cathedral
(d) He was the dean of a university
2. What was an ashokh which Gurdjieff's father was?
(a) a musician who played an instrument unique to Turkey
(b) a skilled craftsman in many countries of the Transcaucasia
(c) a farmer owning a large herd of either cattle or sheep
(d) a bard who composed, recited or sang songs, poems, etc.
3. Why does Gurdjieff criticize newspaper literary critics?
(a) they can't write well
(b) they fool easily suggestible people and are deceitful
(c) they earn too much money for the work they do
(d) He is jealoous of them
4. What did the Imastun brethren study?
(b) the bible
(c) ancient legends
(d) tablets from the Dead Sea
5. What did Gurdjieff dream of specializing in?
(a) He dreamed of medical specialization.
(b) He dreamed of the spiritual specialization of the priesthood.
(c) He dreamed of becoming a writer.
(d) He dreamed of technical specialization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gurdjieff propose to do in his second book, "Meetings with Remarkable Men"?
2. How old was Dean Borsh when he first taught Gurdjieff and visited his father to discuss religious and historical subjects?
3. What was Gurdjieff's youngest niece supposed to do for him?
4. How did Gurdjieff's father lose his fortune as the richest cattle owner in Armenia?
5. What has the literature of contemporary civilization to give according to Gurdjieff?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)