|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Professor Skridlov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff 's father react when misfortunes befell him?
(a) He wept and wailed
(b) He had an inner calm and detachment
(c) He cursed God and his fate
(d) He sought comfort from his friends and family
2. Who was Kouzmin?
(a) a fellow member of the Essene Brotherhood
(b) Dean Bosh's friend
(c) the abbot of the chief monastery of the Essene Brotherhood
(d) an artillery officer and pyrotechnical expert
3. What finally happened to Yelov?
(a) He died a pauper in Moscow.
(b) He settled comfortably in a city in North America.
(c) He became a language professor at Moscow University.
(d) He and his wife and children moved to Greece.
4. What does Vitvitskaia do while she stay with Prince Lubovedsky's sister?
(a) She learns much about gardening
(b) She learns to make beautiful quilts
(c) She conducts experiments on the effect of music on people
(d) She teaches Polish
5. Gurdjieff read books on various subjects written in what languages?
(a) Greek, Hebrew and Turko-Tartar
(b) Greek, Turkish and Latin
(c) Greek, Armenian and Russian
(d) Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gurdjieff sum up the literature of his times?
2. Where does Prince Lubovedsky's search take him first?
3. What did Sokolov teach Gurdjieff?
4. What finally brought Gurdjieff and Karpenko together?
5. What was Abram Yelov's background?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)