|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Bogachevsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dean Borsh teach Gurdjieff?
(a) history and other subjects
(b) geography and other subjects
(c) Scripture and other subjects
(d) mathematics and other subjects
2. What did Father Borsh think that the gratification of lust before adulthood would do to a youth?
(a) make a man of him
(b) turn him into a monstrosity
(c) drive him insane
(d) stunt his growth
3. What legend did Gurdjieff's father and Dean Borsh discuss all night while Gurdjieff and his uncle listened to them?
(a) the legend of " The Lost City of Babul"
(b) the legend of "the Secret of the Gobi Desert"
(c) the legend of "the Creation of the World"
(d) the legend of the "Flood before the Flood"
4. Where did the second contest that Gurdjieff witnessed take place?
(a) Istanbul in Turkey
(b) Karabakh in Azerbaijan
(c) Baku in Turkey
5. Why did Gurdjieff go to Alexandropol?
(a) to study with another tutor
(b) to visit his family
(c) to earn money where he was known as a good craftsman
(d) to go on a vacation after his first years of study
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gurdjieff propose to do in his second book, "Meetings with Remarkable Men"?
2. In which towns did Gurdjieff's family live during his childhood?
3. What was the title of the introduction Gurdjieff had originally planned for the thirtieth book?
4. Gurdjieff read books on various subjects written in what languages?
5. What was the title of the first book in Gurdjieff's series?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)