|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Bogachevsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects did Ponomarenko teach Gurdjieff?
(a) philosophy and Turkish
(b) mathematics and history
(c) geography and history
(d) Russian and geography
2. What had Gurdjieff's family first intended him to be?
(a) an ashokh or bard
(b) a soldier
(c) a priest
(d) a cattle herder
3. Who, in Gurdjieff's opinion, invents the grammar of languages?
(b) learned, well-educated grammarians
(c) people who are on a lower level than ordinary simple people
(d) university professors
4. Who was allowed access to Father Borsh's room?
(a) Gurdjieff and Father Borsh's orderly
(b) Gurdjieff and Gurdjieff's father
(c) Any students at the Kars Military Cathedral
(d) Anyone seeking help or advice
5. What was the title of the first book in Gurdjieff's series?
(a) " My Travels throughout Turkey, Egypt and the Far East"
(b) " My Father's Tales to Me"
(c) "Ancient Wisdom of the East"
(d) "Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Vseslavsky?
2. What did the Yezidis believe?
3. What was Gurdjieff's youngest niece supposed to do for him?
4. When did Gurdjieff meet Bogachevsky?
5. What did Gurdjieff's aunt warn him about?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)