|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Bogachevsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gurdjieff witness his third ashokh contest?
(a) Teheran in Persia
(b) Kabul in the region of Afghanistan
(c) Istanbul in Turkey
(d) Subatan in the region of Kars
2. What was Gurdjieff's father forced to become because of life's circumstances?
(a) a farmer
(b) a store keeper
(c) a fisherman
(d) a professional carpenter
3. According to Gurdjieff, contemporary literature falls into which three categories?
(a) non-fiction, poetry and journalism
(b) science books, magazines and newspapers
(c) non-fiction, newspapers and travel books
(d) the scientific field, narratives (novels) and descriptions
4. What legend did Gurdjieff's father and Dean Borsh discuss all night while Gurdjieff and his uncle listened to them?
(a) the legend of "the Secret of the Gobi Desert"
(b) the legend of the "Flood before the Flood"
(c) the legend of "the Creation of the World"
(d) the legend of " The Lost City of Babul"
5. When did Gurdjieff meet Bogachevsky?
(a) when Bogachevsky was young and about to become a priest
(b) when Bogachevsky was ill
(c) when Bogachevsky was old and intending to retire
(d) when Gurdjieff traveled to Russia
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff 's father react when misfortunes befell him?
2. What would Gurdjieff's father do on evenings before Sundays and holidays?
3. What kind of education was Father Borsh in favor of having Gurdjieff pursue?
4. Besides having an accident with a firearm, what other prediction of the fortuneteller came true about Gurdjieff?
5. Who are the Yezidis?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)