|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Prince Yuri Lubovedsky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff 's father react when misfortunes befell him?
(a) He sought comfort from his friends and family
(b) He wept and wailed
(c) He cursed God and his fate
(d) He had an inner calm and detachment
2. Why did the subject of spiritualism make a strong impression on Gurdjieff?
(a) because he wanted to believe in immortality
(b) because he wanted to take part in a seance
(c) because his dead sister appeared to him in a dream
(d) because of the recent death of his favorite sister
3. Where was Sarkis Pogossian born and of what race was he?
(a) He was Armenian but he was born in Turkey.
(b) He was Armenian and he was born in Transcaucasia.
(c) He was Turkish and he was born in Greece.
(d) He was Greek and he was born in Armenia.
4. How does Gurdjieff's opinion about Vitvitskaia change?
(a) It changes from critical judgment to praise of her virtue.
(b) It changes from indifference to romantic involvement.
(c) It changes from liking her to disliking her.
(d) It changes to one of fear of her powers which he feels are evil
5. What was Father Borsh's view about a youth before he attained adulthood?
(a) He was responsible for his acts.
(b) He wasn't responsible for any of his acts
(c) He should be severely punished for wrong doing
(d) He was a non-entity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what ages did Father Borsh feel a male was fully developed?
2. Besides having an accident with a firearm, what other prediction of the fortuneteller came true about Gurdjieff?
3. Where did Gurdjieff''s father come from?
4. Where does Gurdjieff sell paper flowers and what else does he sell there?
5. What was the "Sarmoung"?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)