|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Prince Yuri Lubovedsky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gurdjieff read books on various subjects written in what languages?
(a) Greek, Hebrew and Turko-Tartar
(b) Greek, Armenian and Russian
(c) Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek
(d) Greek, Turkish and Latin
2. Where does Prince Lubovedsky's search take him first?
(a) to the Gobi desert
(b) to Kars
(c) to Alexandropol
(d) to Egypt
3. What was awakened in Gurdjieff while listening to Bogachevsky and his friends' discussions around the
(a) an interest in abstract questions and spiritualism
(b) an interest in becoming a member of the Essene Brotherhood
(c) an interest in mathematics
(d) a feeling of inferiority when he compared himself with them
4. Where did Captain Pogossian spend his childhood?
(a) in Russia, on the Black Sea
(b) in Turkey, in Ephesus
(c) in Transcaucasia, in the town of Kars
(d) in Greece, on the island of Patmos
5. What did Father Borsh look like?
(a) He was tall and thin, with a fine-looking face
(b) He was short and fat and wore glasses
(c) He was large and robust with a ruddy complexion
(d) He was tall and big-boned with an intelligent face
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Gurdjieff meet in a billiard hall in New Bukara and what transpires?
2. What did Bogachevsky counsel men to do in order to live a moral life?
3. How did Gurdjieff and Pogossian happen to meet?
4. What did Gurdjieff and Pogossian pursue together?
5. When was the Essene Brotherhood established?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)