|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Prince Yuri Lubovedsky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Soloviev's early vices?
(a) drinking and stealing from his mother
(b) street fighting and gambling
(c) lying and cheating in school
(d) gluttony and cruelty to animals
2. How does Gurdjieff's opinion about Vitvitskaia change?
(a) It changes to one of fear of her powers which he feels are evil
(b) It changes from indifference to romantic involvement.
(c) It changes from critical judgment to praise of her virtue.
(d) It changes from liking her to disliking her.
3. In whose house did Gurdjieff and Pogossian stay in the city of N?
(a) in the house of an Armenian farmer
(b) in the house of a Russian prince
(c) in the house of an Armenian priest
(d) in the house of a Kurdish shepherd
4. Who is Philos?
(a) Gurdjieff's faithful dog
(b) an old dervish Gurdjieff meets in New Bukara
(c) Gurdjieff's brother
(d) the owner of the inn where Gurdjieff is staying
5. What treasure did Gurdjieff secretly get from the Armenian priest?
(a) a copy of an ancient Armenian parchment
(b) a copy he makes from an ancient map of "pre-sand Egypt"
(c) an ancient map of Armenian treasure caves
(d) an ancient parchment with esoteric secrets
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Krestovsky teach Gurdjieff?
2. What unique journey do the Seekers of the Truth make at the end of Chapter 7?
3. With whom did Bogachevsky share lodgings?
4. Where was Sarkis Pogossian born and of what race was he?
5. Where is the chief monastery of the Essene Brotherhood situated?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)