|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Prince Yuri Lubovedsky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Captain Pogossian spend his childhood?
(a) in Greece, on the island of Patmos
(b) in Russia, on the Black Sea
(c) in Transcaucasia, in the town of Kars
(d) in Turkey, in Ephesus
2. What treasure did Gurdjieff secretly get from the Armenian priest?
(a) a copy he makes from an ancient map of "pre-sand Egypt"
(b) an ancient parchment with esoteric secrets
(c) a copy of an ancient Armenian parchment
(d) an ancient map of Armenian treasure caves
3. When was the Essene Brotherhood established?
(a) twelve hundred years before the birth of Christ
(b) four hundred years before the birth of Christ
(c) during Christ's lifetime
(d) a thousand years before the birth of Christ
4. What did Father Borsh look like?
(a) He was tall and big-boned with an intelligent face
(b) He was short and fat and wore glasses
(c) He was tall and thin, with a fine-looking face
(d) He was large and robust with a ruddy complexion
5. What position did Gurdjieff's first tutor hold?
(a) He was dean of the Kars Military Cathedral
(b) He was bishop of the Kars Cathedral
(c) He was the dean of a university
(d) He was a priest in Gurdjieff's church
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gurdjieff 's father react when misfortunes befell him?
2. Who are the Yezidis?
3. Whom does Gurdjieff meet in a billiard hall in New Bukara and what transpires?
4. What had Soloviev been at one time?
5. What was Gurdjieff's purpose in traveling to Echmiadzin?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)