Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss why Gurdjieff thought newspaper critics were unreliable.
2) Which two animals does Gurdjieff think every man and woman should embody and why?
3) What are the three types of modern literature Gurdjieff describes? How does he criticize them?
4) Choose one of the three topics and write on it.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Gurdjieff's theories about translation of languages.
2) Why does Gurdjieff think grammars have harmed contemporary literature?
3) What are some of Gurdjieff's theories about translation of languages and thinking in one language while attempting to speak another?
4) Choose one of the three topics to write about.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe the anecdote Gurdjieff tells entitled "The Conversation of the Two Sparrows". What is the lesson contained in the anecdote?
2) What did Gurdjieff think were the shortcomings of the contemporary literature of his day?
3) Recount the story of the family who died from eating poison sausages. Who caused that tragedy...
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)