|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
2. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
3. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
4. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
5. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
Essay Topic 2
Creon has a small amount of time on-stage, and yet his presence is important throughout the play. Discuss the importance of Creon as a character and thematic support within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Medea's power as a sorceress is reinforced at several junctures throughout the play. Examine how her magical ability influences the believability and sympathetic qualities of the character.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)