|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
2. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
3. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
4. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
5. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shed light on how the "deus ex machina" mechanic is used by the author to change the audience's perception of Medea and her behavior. Does this seem natural within the play or contrived? Is it effective as a method for changing the audience's perception of the character?
Essay Topic 2
It appears as though, sympathetic or not, Medea is representing a type of "Everywoman" character. Argue for whether you believe Medea does or does not effectively represent an "Everywoman", using specific supporting details from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least two methods of delivering exposition throughout the play, and argue for which method is the most efficient and best connects with the audience.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)