Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
Medea invokes the goddess Hecate as she formulates her plan for revenge. Examine why Euripides chooses to link this goddess with his protagonist, being sure to cover the following points; What is Hecate known for; why would Medea turn to this particular goddess; are there similarities between Medea and Hecate; does invoking this goddess alter how the audience views Medea?
Medea is largely reviled as a character because of her decision to kill her children. Discuss the motivation behind her decision to commit filicide, and whether the author sufficiently justifies her actions to make her a heroine with whom audiences can identify.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)