|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
2. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
3. What does Jason tell his children when he sees them?
4. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
5. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the structure and role of the classical Greek play, being sure to address the following: Is there a particular format a tragedy was to follow; what did audiences expect to receive when going to see a play in ancient Greece; were the plays used primarily for storytelling, or was there also another purpose?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author portray women throughout the play? Use at least three character examples (either onstage or discussed) and examine whether this portrayal matches the attitudes of ancient Greece or is a departure from social norms.
Essay Topic 3
The chorus plays an integral role within "Medea" and many classic Greek plays. Discuss this role, considering the following: What was the primary function of the chorus; how were the lines of the chorus delivered, and why was that delivery used; what is the interaction between the audience and the chorus?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)