Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
Creon has a small amount of time on-stage, and yet his presence is important throughout the play. Discuss the importance of Creon as a character and thematic support within the play.
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
"Medea" is a very difficult play to read and produce because the subject material is so horrific to audiences. Examine what it is about filicide that makes it so much worse than other types of violence within a family unit. Does this help or hinder the development of themes within the play?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)