|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
Essay Topic 1
Medea's power as a sorceress is reinforced at several junctures throughout the play. Examine how her magical ability influences the believability and sympathetic qualities of the character.
Essay Topic 2
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author portray women throughout the play? Use at least three character examples (either onstage or discussed) and examine whether this portrayal matches the attitudes of ancient Greece or is a departure from social norms.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)