Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
Essay Topic 1
Medea has been a reviled character as long as the myth has been known, and yet Euripides clearly attempts to make the character sympathetic. Discuss the various methods the author uses to elicit audience sympathy for Medea, using specific details and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Creon has a small amount of time on-stage, and yet his presence is important throughout the play. Discuss the importance of Creon as a character and thematic support within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Medea's power as a sorceress is reinforced at several junctures throughout the play. Examine how her magical ability influences the believability and sympathetic qualities of the character.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)