|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
2. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
3. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
4. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
5. How does the poison affect Creon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Medea" is a very difficult play to read and produce because the subject material is so horrific to audiences. Examine what it is about filicide that makes it so much worse than other types of violence within a family unit. Does this help or hinder the development of themes within the play?
Essay Topic 2
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least two methods of delivering exposition throughout the play, and argue for which method is the most efficient and best connects with the audience.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)