|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
3. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
4. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
5. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use the structure of the play to his benefit by using the audience's imagination when dealing with horrific acts? Argue for or against this structure as effective, drawing on details from the text and the research you have done over the course of the play's analysis into classical Greek plays.
Essay Topic 2
Medea's decision to kill her children does not come easily, and she has a very intense monologue in which she debates her decision. Analyze the content of the monologue, and the justification for Medea's ultimate decision.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least two methods of delivering exposition throughout the play, and argue for which method is the most efficient and best connects with the audience.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)