Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
Essay Topic 1
It appears as though, sympathetic or not, Medea is representing a type of "Everywoman" character. Argue for whether you believe Medea does or does not effectively represent an "Everywoman", using specific supporting details from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Medea has been a reviled character as long as the myth has been known, and yet Euripides clearly attempts to make the character sympathetic. Discuss the various methods the author uses to elicit audience sympathy for Medea, using specific details and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least two methods of delivering exposition throughout the play, and argue for which method is the most efficient and best connects with the audience.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)