|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(a) The sun god.
(b) An Asian queen.
(d) They are family heirlooms.
2. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) An enchanted dress and crown.
(b) A bouquet for his bride.
(c) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
(d) A final kiss to remember her.
3. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
(c) The chorus.
4. Who is Aegeus?
(a) One of Creon's courtiers.
(b) A friend of Medea's.
(c) An Argonaut.
(d) Jason's cousin.
5. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(a) The Tutor.
(c) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
2. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
3. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
4. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
5. Who tells Medea about Creon and his daughter?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)