|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(b) He has lied to her in the past.
(c) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
(d) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
2. What is an oracle?
(a) A new weapon.
(b) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(c) A respected prophet.
(d) A king's advisor.
3. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
(a) After Jason's wedding.
(b) Once her children are cared for.
(c) As soon as she can pack a bag.
(d) Before sunrise.
4. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
5. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) Pretty quickly.
(b) In a matter of a few minutes.
(c) They were slow and painful.
(d) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
2. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
3. How long should it take the princess to die?
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
5. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)