|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) To prove he is trustworthy.
(b) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(c) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(d) So she will heal his wife.
2. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(b) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Attacking her after the ceremony.
3. What does the princess do after trying out her new gifts?
(a) Tells her courtiers to leave.
(b) Looks in the mirror at her "lifeless image".
(c) Tries to get Jason to leave with her.
(d) Hugs her father in joy.
4. What is an oracle?
(a) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(b) A new weapon.
(c) A respected prophet.
(d) A king's advisor.
5. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) He vomits copiously.
(b) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
(c) His flesh falls from his bones.
(d) He has a psychotic break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
2. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
3. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
4. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
5. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)