|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Medea about Creon and his daughter?
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The Tutor.
2. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
(a) Translate the prophecy from the oracle.
(b) Make it to his kingdom on her own.
(c) Kill Jason and his new wife.
(d) Get Creon's permission.
3. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(b) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(c) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(d) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
4. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
(a) Once her children are cared for.
(b) After Jason's wedding.
(c) Before sunrise.
(d) As soon as she can pack a bag.
5. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
(a) That she remembers when Jason held her own hand so tenderly.
(b) That she is imagining them reaching out to heaven in the distant future.
(c) That she will miss having her family all together.
(d) That her children's love is so pure it makes her weep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
5. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)