|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(b) Makes her contort in pain.
(c) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
2. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(a) The oracle.
3. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
(a) Her children.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) Her maid.
(d) The Tutor.
4. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(b) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(c) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(d) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
5. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
(a) Sincere remorse.
(b) Sexual temptation.
(c) Flattery and lies.
(d) An appeal to decency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Aegeus hold?
2. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
3. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
4. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
5. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)