|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because Creon has a large army.
(b) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(c) Because he is a fellow king.
(d) Because they are related.
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) They were slow and painful.
(b) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(c) Pretty quickly.
(d) In a matter of a few minutes.
3. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The Tutor.
4. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
(b) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(c) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(d) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
5. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
(a) Kill Jason and his new wife.
(b) Translate the prophecy from the oracle.
(c) Make it to his kingdom on her own.
(d) Get Creon's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
3. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
4. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
5. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)