|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
(a) She begins crying.
(b) She tells them to go with him forever.
(c) They stain Jason's hands with the ink from their lessons.
(d) Jason doesn't want to hold their hands.
2. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Jason's compelling argument.
(b) Creon's advice.
(c) Her gifts from Medea.
(d) Her love for Jason.
3. Who is Aegeus?
(a) An Argonaut.
(b) A friend of Medea's.
(c) Jason's cousin.
(d) One of Creon's courtiers.
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
(b) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
(c) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
(d) To discuss politics.
5. What does the princess do after trying out her new gifts?
(a) Hugs her father in joy.
(b) Looks in the mirror at her "lifeless image".
(c) Tries to get Jason to leave with her.
(d) Tells her courtiers to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
2. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
3. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
4. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
5. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)