|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
(a) Medea has brought herself nothing but sorrow.
(b) Medea will be hunted to the ends of the earth.
(c) Medea will not be able to finish her revenge.
(d) Medea will find a better life with Aegeus.
2. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(b) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(c) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(d) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
3. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) A few hours.
(b) It is almost immediate.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) The poison doesn't work.
4. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The princess.
(c) The Tutor.
5. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) He came to cheer Medea up.
(b) He's on his way to see another friend.
(c) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
(d) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
2. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
3. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
4. What is an oracle?
5. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)