|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(b) Hatred for all foreigners.
(c) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(d) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
2. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) The story about Medea's revenge.
(b) Medea's goodbye to her family.
(c) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(d) Medea killing her children.
3. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
(a) That she is imagining them reaching out to heaven in the distant future.
(b) That she will miss having her family all together.
(c) That she remembers when Jason held her own hand so tenderly.
(d) That her children's love is so pure it makes her weep.
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
(a) The gods of mercy and justice.
(b) The gods of vengeance and peace.
(c) The gods of motherhood and travelers.
(d) The gods of the earth and sun.
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(b) For money to compensate her for her loss.
(c) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(d) For extra time before the exile starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an oracle?
2. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
3. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
4. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
5. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)