|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
(a) To tell their father what they learned during their lessons.
(b) So that she won't attack him.
(c) To remind him of his love for his children.
(d) So he can say goodbye to them before they leave the country.
2. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
(a) Those pledged to remain chaste.
(b) Those without children.
(c) Those without husbands.
(d) Those with children.
3. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
(a) She is angry that she was brought to this.
(b) She has no reaction.
(c) She rejoices.
(d) She is remorseful.
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
(a) The gods of vengeance and peace.
(b) The gods of motherhood and travelers.
(c) The gods of mercy and justice.
(d) The gods of the earth and sun.
5. What does Jason tell his children when he sees them?
(a) To mind their Nurse and mother.
(b) He is making plans for their care.
(c) That they will have a new mother soon.
(d) He will miss them when they leave forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
2. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
3. How long should it take the princess to die?
4. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
5. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)