|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(b) He is the father of her children.
(c) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(d) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
2. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Makes her contort in pain.
(b) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
(c) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(d) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
3. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
(a) As soon as she can pack a bag.
(b) Before sunrise.
(c) After Jason's wedding.
(d) Once her children are cared for.
4. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
(a) Medea has brought herself nothing but sorrow.
(b) Medea will find a better life with Aegeus.
(c) Medea will not be able to finish her revenge.
(d) Medea will be hunted to the ends of the earth.
5. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because Creon has a large army.
(b) Because he is a fellow king.
(c) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(d) Because they are related.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
2. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
3. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
4. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
5. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)