|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
(a) They will both live lives full of pain.
(b) They will learn lessons about selfishness.
(c) They will be able to carry on and treat others better.
(d) They will likely both be dead.
2. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) He is the father of her children.
(b) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(c) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(d) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
3. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
(a) Very well, the targets both die.
(b) The princess died but not her father.
(c) Not at all, her reputation was overstated.
(d) Pretty well, everyone gets very ill.
4. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(b) So she will heal his wife.
(c) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(d) To prove he is trustworthy.
5. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To decide what to name his first child.
(b) To find out how his wife might have children.
(c) To learn how long he would live.
(d) To get advice about a potential war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
2. How does the poison affect Creon?
3. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
4. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
5. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)