|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Attacking her after the ceremony.
(b) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(c) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(d) A poisoned dress and crown.
2. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
(a) The borders will soon be closed to travelers.
(b) She was supposed to leave before sunrise.
(c) Everyone knows she is responsible for the deaths.
(d) The army is being mobilized to execute her on sight.
3. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(b) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(c) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
(d) He has lied to her in the past.
4. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(b) She can see their father in their faces.
(c) She is so happy that she weeps.
(d) She misses having her whole family together.
5. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
2. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
3. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
4. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)