|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
(a) That her children's love is so pure it makes her weep.
(b) That she is imagining them reaching out to heaven in the distant future.
(c) That she remembers when Jason held her own hand so tenderly.
(d) That she will miss having her family all together.
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She is so happy that she weeps.
(b) She can see their father in their faces.
(c) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(d) She misses having her whole family together.
3. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
(a) Not at all, her reputation was overstated.
(b) Pretty well, everyone gets very ill.
(c) The princess died but not her father.
(d) Very well, the targets both die.
4. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
(a) Her maid.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Tutor.
(d) Her children.
5. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(b) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(c) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(d) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
2. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
5. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)