|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
2. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
(b) She can enable them to conceive a child.
(c) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
(d) She is a very good housekeeper.
3. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) By embracing his daughter.
(b) A glass of poisoned wine.
(c) By putting on the crown.
(d) Poison in his food.
4. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(b) He has lied to her in the past.
(c) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
(d) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
5. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Nothing, children are sacred in ancient Greece.
(c) Sell them into slavery.
(d) Take them away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
2. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
3. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
4. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
5. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)