|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
(b) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(c) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(d) About two or three days.
2. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To get advice about a potential war.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To decide what to name his first child.
(d) To find out how his wife might have children.
3. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
(b) A final kiss to remember her.
(c) A bouquet for his bride.
(d) An enchanted dress and crown.
4. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) It is almost immediate.
(b) A few hours.
(c) The poison doesn't work.
(d) Less than an hour.
5. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
2. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
3. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
5. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)