|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(b) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(c) For extra time before the exile starts.
(d) For money to compensate her for her loss.
2. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(b) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Attacking her after the ceremony.
3. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Puts them on.
(c) Kisses Jason.
(d) Sends a message to her father.
4. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) A final kiss to remember her.
(b) An enchanted dress and crown.
(c) A bouquet for his bride.
(d) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
5. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) She is secretly in love with him.
(b) Now she can carry out her revenge.
(c) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(d) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
2. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
3. How long should it take the princess to die?
4. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
5. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)