|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Sends a message to her father.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Puts them on.
(d) Kisses Jason.
2. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
3. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
(a) Before sunrise.
(b) As soon as she can pack a bag.
(c) Once her children are cared for.
(d) After Jason's wedding.
4. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(b) She is so happy that she weeps.
(c) She misses having her whole family together.
(d) She can see their father in their faces.
5. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
(c) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
2. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
3. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
4. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
5. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)