Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Take her children with her when she leaves.
(b) Go into exile as ordered.
(c) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
(d) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
(a) She claims she can't let go of Jason until she passes the items along.
(b) She says it will help convince the princess to let the children stay.
(c) She says it's the only way to keep her from attending the wedding.
(d) She says the gifts are a symbol of her goodwill and refusing would insult her.
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The princess.
(c) The Nurse.
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To learn how long he would live.
(b) To decide what to name his first child.
(c) To get advice about a potential war.
(d) To find out how his wife might have children.
5. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
(a) She is remorseful.
(b) She rejoices.
(c) She is angry that she was brought to this.
(d) She has no reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
2. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
3. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
4. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
5. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)