|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(b) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(c) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
2. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Puts them on.
(b) Kisses Jason.
(c) Sends a message to her father.
(d) Throws them away.
3. What does Jason tell his children when he sees them?
(a) He is making plans for their care.
(b) To mind their Nurse and mother.
(c) That they will have a new mother soon.
(d) He will miss them when they leave forever.
4. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(b) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(c) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(d) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
(b) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(c) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(d) He has lied to her in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
2. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
3. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
5. How fast do the deaths happen?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)