|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(a) The Nurse.
(d) The Tutor.
2. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She has very little reaction.
(b) She is very happy.
(c) She goes into hysterics.
(d) She appears upset.
3. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) So she will heal his wife.
(b) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(c) To prove he is trustworthy.
(d) To keep her from poisoning his family.
4. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(a) An Asian queen.
(b) They are family heirlooms.
(c) The sun god.
5. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) Pretty quickly.
(b) In a matter of a few minutes.
(c) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(d) They were slow and painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
3. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
4. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
5. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)