|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
(a) They will be able to carry on and treat others better.
(b) They will both live lives full of pain.
(c) They will learn lessons about selfishness.
(d) They will likely both be dead.
2. Who is Aegeus?
(a) One of Creon's courtiers.
(b) A friend of Medea's.
(c) An Argonaut.
(d) Jason's cousin.
3. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) He's on his way to see another friend.
(b) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
(c) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
(d) He came to cheer Medea up.
4. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(b) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(c) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
5. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
(a) That she is imagining them reaching out to heaven in the distant future.
(b) That she will miss having her family all together.
(c) That her children's love is so pure it makes her weep.
(d) That she remembers when Jason held her own hand so tenderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
2. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
3. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
4. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
5. How does the poison affect Creon?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)