|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Creon's advice.
(b) Her gifts from Medea.
(c) Jason's compelling argument.
(d) Her love for Jason.
2. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her fury.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her resolve.
(d) Her magic.
3. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
(b) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
(c) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
(d) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
4. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
5. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To get advice about a potential war.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To find out how his wife might have children.
(d) To decide what to name his first child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
2. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
3. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
4. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)