|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
(a) Those pledged to remain chaste.
(b) Those without children.
(c) Those without husbands.
(d) Those with children.
2. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) To prove he is trustworthy.
(b) So she will heal his wife.
(c) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(d) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
3. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
(a) He thinks she is manipulating him again.
(b) He thinks she is lying in order to get something from him.
(c) He thinks she is doing the right thing.
(d) He thinks it is wonderful that she's stopped being stupid.
4. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
(a) They will both live lives full of pain.
(b) They will likely both be dead.
(c) They will learn lessons about selfishness.
(d) They will be able to carry on and treat others better.
5. What does Jason tell his children when he sees them?
(a) He will miss them when they leave forever.
(b) He is making plans for their care.
(c) That they will have a new mother soon.
(d) To mind their Nurse and mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
2. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
3. What title does Aegeus hold?
4. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
5. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)