|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Makes her contort in pain.
(b) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(c) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
2. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Her love for Jason.
(b) Creon's advice.
(c) Jason's compelling argument.
(d) Her gifts from Medea.
3. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(d) The oracle.
4. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) The poison doesn't work.
(b) A few hours.
(c) It is almost immediate.
(d) Less than an hour.
5. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
(b) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
(c) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
(d) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
6. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
(a) Make it to his kingdom on her own.
(b) Translate the prophecy from the oracle.
(c) Kill Jason and his new wife.
(d) Get Creon's permission.
7. What is an oracle?
(a) A respected prophet.
(b) A king's advisor.
(c) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(d) A new weapon.
8. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(b) About two or three days.
(c) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(d) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
9. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
(a) Probably because she will miss them when she leaves them in Corinth.
(b) Probably because she is so angry but can't show it.
(c) Probably because she imagines Jason's future family life and is grieving the loss of her own.
(d) Probably because she knows she will kill them all soon.
10. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Sends a message to her father.
(c) Kisses Jason.
(d) Puts them on.
11. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She has very little reaction.
(b) She goes into hysterics.
(c) She appears upset.
(d) She is very happy.
12. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her magic.
(b) Her fury.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her resolve.
13. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
(b) He's on his way to see another friend.
(c) He came to cheer Medea up.
(d) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
14. Who is Aegeus?
(a) Jason's cousin.
(b) A friend of Medea's.
(c) An Argonaut.
(d) One of Creon's courtiers.
15. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) By embracing his daughter.
(b) By putting on the crown.
(c) A glass of poisoned wine.
(d) Poison in his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Aegeus hold?
2. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
3. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
4. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
5. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)