|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(b) She is so happy that she weeps.
(c) She misses having her whole family together.
(d) She can see their father in their faces.
3. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(b) Makes her contort in pain.
(c) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
4. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
5. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(a) An Asian queen.
(c) The sun god.
(d) They are family heirlooms.
6. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
7. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(b) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Attacking her after the ceremony.
8. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
(b) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
(c) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
(d) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
9. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(b) The Tutor.
(d) The Nurse.
10. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
(a) Jason doesn't want to hold their hands.
(b) She begins crying.
(c) They stain Jason's hands with the ink from their lessons.
(d) She tells them to go with him forever.
11. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
(a) Fabric to make a wedding dress for Jason's bride.
(b) To allow her to make a new home in his land.
(c) Advice on what she should do next.
(d) The herbs to make her poison.
12. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
(a) She says the gifts are a symbol of her goodwill and refusing would insult her.
(b) She says it's the only way to keep her from attending the wedding.
(c) She says it will help convince the princess to let the children stay.
(d) She claims she can't let go of Jason until she passes the items along.
13. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
(b) He has a psychotic break.
(c) He vomits copiously.
(d) His flesh falls from his bones.
14. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) Now she can carry out her revenge.
(b) She is secretly in love with him.
(c) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(d) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
15. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) They were slow and painful.
(b) Pretty quickly.
(c) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(d) In a matter of a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
2. Who tells Medea about Creon and his daughter?
3. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
4. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)