|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she can stay one more day.
(b) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(c) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(d) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
2. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To denote their status as lower than women.
(b) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(c) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(d) To prevent them from telling lies.
3. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Puts them on.
(c) Kisses Jason.
(d) Sends a message to her father.
4. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
(b) His flesh falls from his bones.
(c) He vomits copiously.
(d) He has a psychotic break.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(b) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(c) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(d) He is ready to go along with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
2. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
4. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
5. Why is Jason concerned for his children's safety?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)