|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(b) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(c) About two or three days.
(d) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
2. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(b) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(c) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(d) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(b) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(c) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(d) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(b) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(c) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(d) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason ask Medea to give him in the last scene?
2. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
5. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)