|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) Hatred for all foreigners.
(b) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(c) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(d) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
2. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
(b) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
(c) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
(d) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
3. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) He wants a prettier wife.
(b) He needs money to pay his debts.
(c) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(d) A desire to better support his family.
4. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) A glass of poisoned wine.
(b) Poison in his food.
(c) By putting on the crown.
(d) By embracing his daughter.
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(b) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(c) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
2. What is special about Medea's grandfather?
3. What hope does Jason have for his future?
4. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
5. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)