|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
(a) Nothing, children are sacred in ancient Greece.
(b) Sell them into slavery.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Take them away from her.
2. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(c) The oracle.
3. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(c) It makes him look weak.
(d) It makes him many new friends.
4. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be forcibly banished.
(c) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(d) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
2. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
4. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
5. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)