|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(d) He has a point about getting more money.
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The end of the story.
(b) When to applaud.
(c) The story of the play.
(d) The names of the actors involved.
3. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
(b) Abstain from having more children.
(c) Support them financially.
(d) Forget about them as if they never existed.
4. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he may not recover from his grief.
(b) That he should have seen through Medea.
(c) That he deserves the pain.
(d) That he will need comfort from friends.
5. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
(a) She says it will help convince the princess to let the children stay.
(b) She claims she can't let go of Jason until she passes the items along.
(c) She says the gifts are a symbol of her goodwill and refusing would insult her.
(d) She says it's the only way to keep her from attending the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason want revenge against Medea at the beginning of the final scene?
2. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
3. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
4. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)