|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
2. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
(a) She needs to provide for her children.
(b) A spell was placed on him that makes him tell the truth.
(c) He can get her out of the country alive.
(d) He is the only person that speaks her language.
3. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(b) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(c) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(d) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
4. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(b) It is time for their baths before supper.
(c) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(d) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He has a point about getting more money.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(d) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
2. How did Medea save Jason's life?
3. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
4. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
5. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)