|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason want revenge against Medea at the beginning of the final scene?
(a) She put a snake in his room to try to murder him.
(b) She got the wedding called off.
(c) She stole from him.
(d) She killed Creon and the princess.
2. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Her gifts from Medea.
(b) Jason's compelling argument.
(c) Her love for Jason.
(d) Creon's advice.
3. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(b) His strong friendship with Jason.
(c) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(d) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
4. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(b) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(c) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
(d) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
5. How does Medea forecast Jason will spend the rest of his life?
(a) Rich and lonely.
(b) As a nobody.
(c) Atoning for how he hurt her.
(d) Searching for a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Creon poisoned?
2. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
3. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
5. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)