|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(a) The oracle.
2. When did Medea kill for Jason?
(a) Several times throughout their marriage.
(b) When he was trying to escape with the Golden Fleece.
(c) Aboard the Argo when they were attacked by sirens.
(d) Just before their first child was born.
3. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
(a) To tell their father what they learned during their lessons.
(b) So that she won't attack him.
(c) So he can say goodbye to them before they leave the country.
(d) To remind him of his love for his children.
4. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
(a) Tried to intercede with Creon.
(b) Encouraged the neighbors to befriend her.
(c) Convinced his new wife Medea is harmless.
(d) Taken her from a barbaric land.
5. How does Medea appear in the final scene of the play?
(a) She speaks from offstage but never appears.
(b) In a chariot above the stage.
(c) With guards escorting her.
(d) As a spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
2. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
3. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)