|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and defenseless.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Fearful and vengeful.
(d) Happy and maternal.
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Medea and Creon.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Jason and Medea.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(d) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
4. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(b) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
(c) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(d) He has lied to her in the past.
5. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
2. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
3. Why does Jason want revenge against Medea at the beginning of the final scene?
4. Why is Medea being banished?
5. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)