|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
(a) He can get her out of the country alive.
(b) She needs to provide for her children.
(c) He is the only person that speaks her language.
(d) A spell was placed on him that makes him tell the truth.
2. Who does Jason ask to destroy Medea?
(a) The kings of the surrounding kingdoms.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The goddesses of vengeance.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. What does Medea plan to do in her children's honor?
(a) Create a garden.
(b) Establish a sacred feast in their memory.
(c) Sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Live a long and happy life.
4. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(b) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
(c) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
(d) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(b) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(c) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(d) He is ready to go along with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
2. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
3. How is Creon poisoned?
4. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
5. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)