|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Medea kill for Jason?
(a) Just before their first child was born.
(b) Aboard the Argo when they were attacked by sirens.
(c) When he was trying to escape with the Golden Fleece.
(d) Several times throughout their marriage.
2. What character is looking for Medea in the final scene of the play?
(c) The Nurse.
3. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(b) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(c) For money to compensate her for her loss.
(d) For extra time before the exile starts.
4. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
(a) Pain and Misfortune.
(b) Status and Prestige.
(c) Money and Fame.
(d) Civilization and Honor.
5. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(b) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
2. How long does it take the poison to start working?
3. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
4. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
5. Why does Jason come back at the end of the play?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)