|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Jason have for his future?
(a) He thinks without a family he can be a soldier again.
(b) He thinks he will be punished for Medea's crimes.
(c) He thinks he can rebuild in another kingdom.
(d) He thinks his life is over.
2. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(b) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(c) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(d) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
3. Who does Jason ask to destroy Medea?
(a) The chorus.
(b) The goddesses of vengeance.
(c) The kings of the surrounding kingdoms.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
(a) Medea has brought herself nothing but sorrow.
(b) Medea will find a better life with Aegeus.
(c) Medea will be hunted to the ends of the earth.
(d) Medea will not be able to finish her revenge.
5. Why is Jason concerned for his children's safety?
(a) They have been ill for weeks.
(b) Creon ordered them executed before he died.
(c) He knows Medea is crazy.
(d) He thinks people will try to kill them because of Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
3. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
4. How long should it take the princess to die?
5. What does Medea plan to do in her children's honor?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)