|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason want revenge against Medea at the beginning of the final scene?
(a) She put a snake in his room to try to murder him.
(b) She stole from him.
(c) She killed Creon and the princess.
(d) She got the wedding called off.
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(b) She pities Medea.
(c) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(d) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
3. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
(b) Now she can carry out her revenge.
(c) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(d) She is secretly in love with him.
4. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(b) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(c) To prevent them from telling lies.
(d) To denote their status as lower than women.
5. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) By putting on the crown.
(b) By embracing his daughter.
(c) A glass of poisoned wine.
(d) Poison in his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
2. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
3. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
4. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
5. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)