|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jason what happened to his children?
(b) The chorus.
(d) The Nurse.
2. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
(a) They stain Jason's hands with the ink from their lessons.
(b) She begins crying.
(c) She tells them to go with him forever.
(d) Jason doesn't want to hold their hands.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(b) To find a beautiful wife.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
4. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
5. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) The story about Medea's revenge.
(b) Medea's goodbye to her family.
(c) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(d) Medea killing her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason ask Medea to give him in the last scene?
2. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
5. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)