|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
2. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
(a) The warmth and intimacy of love..
(b) Their inability to see reason.
(c) The sun, the moon, and the tides of the sea.
(d) Other women and children.
3. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(b) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Attacking her after the ceremony.
4. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
(b) It will provide funds for her and her children.
(c) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
(d) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
5. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) By putting on the crown.
(b) A glass of poisoned wine.
(c) By embracing his daughter.
(d) Poison in his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
4. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
5. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)