|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(c) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
2. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her feet.
3. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
4. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(b) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(c) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(d) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
5. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
(a) Convinced his new wife Medea is harmless.
(b) Tried to intercede with Creon.
(c) Taken her from a barbaric land.
(d) Encouraged the neighbors to befriend her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea choose to compare herself with a mythical creature at the end of the play?
2. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
3. Which character caused Medea's rage?
4. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
5. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)