|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
(a) He was frightened.
(b) He thinks it's probably wrong.
(c) He didn't understand it.
(d) He believes it must be true.
2. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
(b) He came to cheer Medea up.
(c) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
(d) He's on his way to see another friend.
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
4. Where does Jason say Medea will have to hide to escape vengeance?
(a) Another kingdom.
(b) Heaven or hell.
(c) Undiscovered lands.
(d) There is no place she can hide.
5. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
(a) To tell their father what they learned during their lessons.
(b) So that she won't attack him.
(c) So he can say goodbye to them before they leave the country.
(d) To remind him of his love for his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
2. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
3. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)