|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(b) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(c) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(d) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(b) The servants.
(d) The gods.
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Promise to keep them secret.
(b) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(c) Send someone to warn the King.
(d) Argue with Medea about her plans.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(c) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(d) It makes her character more sympathetic.
5. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(b) About two or three days.
(c) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
(d) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
2. Which character caused Medea's rage?
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
4. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
5. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)