|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) He has lied to her in the past.
(b) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(c) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(d) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
2. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she can stay one more day.
(b) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(c) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(d) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
3. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) So she will heal his wife.
(b) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(c) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(d) To prove he is trustworthy.
4. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
(a) Those without husbands.
(b) Those pledged to remain chaste.
(c) Those with children.
(d) Those without children.
5. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(c) To banish her to a nunnery.
(d) To execute her on false charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Medea save Jason's life?
2. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
3. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
4. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)