|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
(a) Convinced his new wife Medea is harmless.
(b) Encouraged the neighbors to befriend her.
(c) Tried to intercede with Creon.
(d) Taken her from a barbaric land.
2. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(b) A golden ring to sell for money.
(c) An opportunity to stay in the city.
(d) Money to support herself and the children.
3. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(c) The princess.
4. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her magic.
(c) Her resolve.
(d) Her fury.
5. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
(a) Whether they were agonizing.
(b) How well the poison worked.
(c) If everyone knows she is responsible.
(d) If they were seen by a lot of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
3. Who tells Jason what happened to his children?
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
5. Why is Jason concerned for his children's safety?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)