|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
(b) He has a psychotic break.
(c) His flesh falls from his bones.
(d) He vomits copiously.
2. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(b) For extra time before the exile starts.
(c) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(d) For money to compensate her for her loss.
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They betray women all the time.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(b) It makes him look weak.
(c) It gets him into trouble.
(d) It makes him many new friends.
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
(a) They are no longer intimate.
(b) He wants to marry into money.
(c) He isn't able to have more children with Medea.
(d) He is embarrassed by Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
3. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
4. When did Medea kill for Jason?
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)