|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To find out how his wife might have children.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To decide what to name his first child.
(d) To get advice about a potential war.
2. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he may not recover from his grief.
(b) That he will need comfort from friends.
(c) That he deserves the pain.
(d) That he should have seen through Medea.
3. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(b) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
(c) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
(d) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
4. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To introduce every character in the play.
(b) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(c) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(d) To offer background information.
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) For money to compensate her for her loss.
(b) For extra time before the exile starts.
(c) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(d) For the children to be allowed to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
2. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
4. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)