|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
(b) To discuss politics.
(c) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
(d) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
2. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(b) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(c) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(d) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(b) That he isn't worth it.
(c) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(d) That it won't accomplish anything.
4. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) His flesh falls from his bones.
(b) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
(c) He vomits copiously.
(d) He has a psychotic break.
5. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(b) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the poison to start working?
2. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
3. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
4. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
5. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)