|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(d) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
2. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) The story about Medea's revenge.
(b) Medea killing her children.
(c) Medea's goodbye to her family.
(d) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
3. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
4. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(b) They were slow and painful.
(c) Pretty quickly.
(d) In a matter of a few minutes.
5. What does the princess do after trying out her new gifts?
(a) Looks in the mirror at her "lifeless image".
(b) Hugs her father in joy.
(c) Tries to get Jason to leave with her.
(d) Tells her courtiers to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
3. How is Creon poisoned?
4. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)