|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which women do the chorus believe are the luckiest?
(a) Those without children.
(b) Those with children.
(c) Those without husbands.
(d) Those pledged to remain chaste.
2. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
(b) A bouquet for his bride.
(c) A final kiss to remember her.
(d) An enchanted dress and crown.
3. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(c) The oracle.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is upset for Medea.
(d) She is surprised.
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an oracle?
2. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
4. What title does Aegeus hold?
5. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)