|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(b) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(c) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(d) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
2. What does the princess do after trying out her new gifts?
(a) Looks in the mirror at her "lifeless image".
(b) Tells her courtiers to leave.
(c) Tries to get Jason to leave with her.
(d) Hugs her father in joy.
3. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
(b) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
(c) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(d) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
4. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(a) The sun god.
(b) An Asian queen.
(d) They are family heirlooms.
5. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
(a) Make it to his kingdom on her own.
(b) Translate the prophecy from the oracle.
(c) Get Creon's permission.
(d) Kill Jason and his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
2. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
4. Who is Aegeus?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)