|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The boys.
(d) The Tutor.
2. Why does Medea claim she is refusing Jason's money?
(a) Money gained from a bad man is no good.
(b) She can get money from her family instead.
(c) She can provide adequately for herself.
(d) He doesn't have enough to give her.
3. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(a) The oracle.
4. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
(a) She should sew the dress.
(b) She should give away the groom.
(c) She should help to plan it.
(d) She should give away the bride.
5. What is an oracle?
(a) A new weapon.
(b) A king's advisor.
(c) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(d) A respected prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
5. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)