|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She goes into hysterics.
(b) She appears upset.
(c) She has very little reaction.
(d) She is very happy.
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(b) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(c) That men look out for women as best they can.
(d) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
4. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
(b) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
(c) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
(d) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) For money to compensate her for her loss.
(b) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(c) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(d) For extra time before the exile starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
2. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
3. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
4. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)