|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(d) The Nurse.
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is enraged.
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
(b) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(c) That men look out for women as best they can.
(d) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
4. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(b) His strong friendship with Jason.
(c) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(d) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(c) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
2. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
3. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
4. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
5. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)