|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) Medea killing her children.
(b) The story about Medea's revenge.
(c) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(d) Medea's goodbye to her family.
2. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(b) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
(c) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(d) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
3. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She goes into hysterics.
(b) She has very little reaction.
(c) She is very happy.
(d) She appears upset.
4. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(d) The Nurse.
5. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(b) Promise to keep them secret.
(c) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(d) Send someone to warn the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
3. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)