|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(b) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(c) About two or three days.
(d) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
2. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Promise to keep them secret.
(b) Send someone to warn the King.
(c) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(d) Protest that she is out of her mind.
3. What does Jason tell his children when he sees them?
(a) He will miss them when they leave forever.
(b) He is making plans for their care.
(c) To mind their Nurse and mother.
(d) That they will have a new mother soon.
4. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
5. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
3. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
4. Who is Aegeus?
5. What title does Aegeus hold?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)