|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The end of the story.
(b) The story of the play.
(c) The names of the actors involved.
(d) When to applaud.
2. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(b) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(c) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(d) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
3. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) It is almost immediate.
(b) The poison doesn't work.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) A few hours.
4. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
(a) Civilization and Honor.
(b) Status and Prestige.
(c) Money and Fame.
(d) Pain and Misfortune.
5. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(b) To prove he is trustworthy.
(c) So she will heal his wife.
(d) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
2. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
3. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
4. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
5. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)