|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
(a) He isn't able to have more children with Medea.
(b) He wants to marry into money.
(c) They are no longer intimate.
(d) He is embarrassed by Medea.
2. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Attacking her after the ceremony.
(b) A poisoned dress and crown.
(c) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(d) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(b) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
4. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
(a) Probably because she imagines Jason's future family life and is grieving the loss of her own.
(b) Probably because she is so angry but can't show it.
(c) Probably because she knows she will kill them all soon.
(d) Probably because she will miss them when she leaves them in Corinth.
5. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(b) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(c) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(d) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
2. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
3. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
4. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
5. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)