|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
(a) He believes it must be true.
(b) He thinks it's probably wrong.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He didn't understand it.
2. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
(a) Fabric to make a wedding dress for Jason's bride.
(b) Advice on what she should do next.
(c) To allow her to make a new home in his land.
(d) The herbs to make her poison.
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Lie to the town police.
(b) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(c) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(d) Kill their father.
4. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he should have seen through Medea.
(b) That he deserves the pain.
(c) That he will need comfort from friends.
(d) That he may not recover from his grief.
5. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To introduce every character in the play.
(b) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(c) To offer background information.
(d) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
2. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
3. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
4. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
5. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)