|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(b) Promise to keep them secret.
(c) Send someone to warn the King.
(d) Protest that she is out of her mind.
2. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
(b) She is a criminal there.
(c) There is no ship that will go there.
(d) Her pride.
3. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(a) The oracle.
4. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That women cannot be trusted.
(b) That children are weapons against a mother.
(c) That men always betray women.
(d) That marriages are doomed to fail.
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) For extra time before the exile starts.
(b) For money to compensate her for her loss.
(c) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(d) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
3. What title does Aegeus hold?
4. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
5. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)