|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) Her pride.
(b) She is a criminal there.
(c) There is no ship that will go there.
(d) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
2. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) To prove he is trustworthy.
(b) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(c) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(d) So she will heal his wife.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(b) That he isn't worth it.
(c) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(d) That it won't accomplish anything.
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
(b) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
(c) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
(d) To discuss politics.
5. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
(a) She says it will help convince the princess to let the children stay.
(b) She claims she can't let go of Jason until she passes the items along.
(c) She says it's the only way to keep her from attending the wedding.
(d) She says the gifts are a symbol of her goodwill and refusing would insult her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
2. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
3. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
4. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)