|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) They don't sound real to him.
(c) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(d) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
2. What does the princess do after trying out her new gifts?
(a) Looks in the mirror at her "lifeless image".
(b) Tries to get Jason to leave with her.
(c) Hugs her father in joy.
(d) Tells her courtiers to leave.
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Hired assassin.
(d) Acid trap.
4. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
(a) He thinks it is wonderful that she's stopped being stupid.
(b) He thinks she is doing the right thing.
(c) He thinks she is manipulating him again.
(d) He thinks she is lying in order to get something from him.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(d) He has a point about getting more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
3. Who is Aegeus?
4. How long should it take the princess to die?
5. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)