|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To decide what to name his first child.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To get advice about a potential war.
(d) To find out how his wife might have children.
2. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he may not recover from his grief.
(b) That he should have seen through Medea.
(c) That he will need comfort from friends.
(d) That he deserves the pain.
3. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
(a) If they were seen by a lot of people.
(b) If everyone knows she is responsible.
(c) How well the poison worked.
(d) Whether they were agonizing.
4. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(b) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(c) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(b) They will be forcibly banished.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) They will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
2. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
5. How did Medea save Jason's life?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)