|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(b) Stop crying and tend her children.
(c) Come out so they can comfort her.
(d) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
2. How is Creon poisoned?
(a) A glass of poisoned wine.
(b) By putting on the crown.
(c) Poison in his food.
(d) By embracing his daughter.
3. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
(a) That it makes perfect sense given the circumstance.
(b) That it's the only thing she could do.
(c) That she has lost her mind and must be stopped.
(d) That she will not be able to carry it out in the moment.
4. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(b) A golden ring to sell for money.
(c) Money to support herself and the children.
(d) An opportunity to stay in the city.
5. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
2. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
4. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
5. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)