|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(a) The Nurse.
2. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
(a) Medea has brought herself nothing but sorrow.
(b) Medea will be hunted to the ends of the earth.
(c) Medea will not be able to finish her revenge.
(d) Medea will find a better life with Aegeus.
3. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(b) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
4. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(b) Go into exile as ordered.
(c) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
(d) Take her children with her when she leaves.
5. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(b) In a matter of a few minutes.
(c) Pretty quickly.
(d) They were slow and painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
2. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
3. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
4. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
5. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)