|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Her homeland.
(c) Creon's palace.
2. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
3. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because Creon has a large army.
(b) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(c) Because they are related.
(d) Because he is a fellow king.
4. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
(b) She is a very good housekeeper.
(c) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
(d) She can enable them to conceive a child.
5. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
(a) He thinks she is lying in order to get something from him.
(b) He thinks she is doing the right thing.
(c) He thinks she is manipulating him again.
(d) He thinks it is wonderful that she's stopped being stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
2. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
3. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
4. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)