|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(b) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
(c) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(d) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
2. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
(a) She needs to provide for her children.
(b) He can get her out of the country alive.
(c) A spell was placed on him that makes him tell the truth.
(d) He is the only person that speaks her language.
3. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
(a) She says it's the only way to keep her from attending the wedding.
(b) She claims she can't let go of Jason until she passes the items along.
(c) She says it will help convince the princess to let the children stay.
(d) She says the gifts are a symbol of her goodwill and refusing would insult her.
4. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
(b) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(c) He is the father of her children.
(d) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
5. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Send someone to warn the King.
(b) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(c) Promise to keep them secret.
(d) Protest that she is out of her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
5. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)