|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(a) The Nurse.
2. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(d) To find a beautiful wife.
3. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her fury.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her resolve.
(d) Her magic.
4. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
(b) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(c) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(d) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
5. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She is too angry.
(b) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(c) She is afraid to go outside.
(d) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
2. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
3. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)