|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
(b) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(c) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
(d) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
2. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
(b) It will provide funds for her and her children.
(c) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
(d) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To denote their status as lower than women.
(b) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(c) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(d) To prevent them from telling lies.
4. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(c) He wants to send them away for military training.
(d) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(d) Medea will take violent revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
2. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
3. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)