|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(b) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(c) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
2. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She is a very good housekeeper.
(b) She can enable them to conceive a child.
(c) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
(d) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
3. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(b) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
4. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) A bouquet for his bride.
(b) An enchanted dress and crown.
(c) A final kiss to remember her.
(d) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
5. What is an oracle?
(a) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(b) A respected prophet.
(c) A king's advisor.
(d) A new weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
2. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
3. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
5. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)