|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The Nurse.
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) They don't sound real to him.
(c) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(d) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(b) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(c) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
(d) That men look out for women as best they can.
4. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
(b) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(c) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(d) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
5. What title does Aegeus hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
2. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
3. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
4. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)