|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(b) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(c) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(d) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(b) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(c) His strong friendship with Jason.
(d) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
3. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
(b) To prove he is trustworthy.
(c) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(d) So she will heal his wife.
4. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Go into exile as ordered.
(b) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(c) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
(d) Take her children with her when she leaves.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(d) Medea will take violent revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
2. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. When did Medea kill for Jason?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)