|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To get advice about a potential war.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To find out how his wife might have children.
(d) To decide what to name his first child.
2. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
3. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
(a) He thinks it's probably wrong.
(b) He didn't understand it.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He believes it must be true.
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It makes him look weak.
(c) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(d) It makes him many new friends.
5. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(b) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(c) He is the father of her children.
(d) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
2. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
3. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
4. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
5. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)