|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Threatening the King.
(b) Refusing his money.
(c) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(d) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
2. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
(a) She should help to plan it.
(b) She should give away the bride.
(c) She should sew the dress.
(d) She should give away the groom.
3. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(b) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
(c) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(d) He is the father of her children.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(c) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(d) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
5. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her fury.
(b) Her magic.
(c) Her resolve.
(d) Her love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
2. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
3. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
4. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)