|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She is upset for Medea.
(c) She doesn't really care.
(d) She is surprised.
2. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
3. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
(b) A bouquet for his bride.
(c) A final kiss to remember her.
(d) An enchanted dress and crown.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(c) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(d) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)