|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(b) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(c) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(d) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(d) They don't sound real to him.
3. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) A desire to better support his family.
(b) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(c) He wants a prettier wife.
(d) He needs money to pay his debts.
4. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
(a) Probably because she is so angry but can't show it.
(b) Probably because she knows she will kill them all soon.
(c) Probably because she will miss them when she leaves them in Corinth.
(d) Probably because she imagines Jason's future family life and is grieving the loss of her own.
5. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(b) He is the father of her children.
(c) She was being a fool but sees better now.
(d) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
2. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)