|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
(b) He came to cheer Medea up.
(c) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
(d) He's on his way to see another friend.
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated very badly in general.
(b) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(c) They are treated well enough.
(d) They are treated worse than slaves.
3. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
(a) That it makes perfect sense given the circumstance.
(b) That she will not be able to carry it out in the moment.
(c) That it's the only thing she could do.
(d) That she has lost her mind and must be stopped.
4. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
(a) Pain for everyone involved.
(b) Destruction of reason.
(c) Dangerous passion and foolishness.
(d) Either great happiness or great despair.
5. What does Jason agree to ask Creon on Medea's behalf?
(a) To be allowed to attend the wedding.
(b) For the children to be allowed to stay.
(c) For extra time before the exile starts.
(d) For money to compensate her for her loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
5. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)