|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Go into exile as ordered.
(b) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(c) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
(d) Take her children with her when she leaves.
2. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because they are related.
(b) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(c) Because he is a fellow king.
(d) Because Creon has a large army.
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(b) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(c) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(d) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
4. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That he isn't worth it.
(b) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(c) That it won't accomplish anything.
(d) That it's perfectly appropriate.
5. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(b) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(c) About two or three days.
(d) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
2. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
3. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
4. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
5. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)