|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She is so happy that she weeps.
(b) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(c) She can see their father in their faces.
(d) She misses having her whole family together.
3. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
(a) He is very accommodating to Medea's feelings.
(b) He is suspicious of Medea's motives.
(c) He invites Medea to come to the feast.
(d) He dances with his children to teach them what to do at the wedding.
4. What method does Medea use to win Jason over the second time she speaks with him?
(a) Sexual temptation.
(b) Flattery and lies.
(c) An appeal to decency.
(d) Sincere remorse.
5. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She appears upset.
(b) She is very happy.
(c) She goes into hysterics.
(d) She has very little reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
2. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
3. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
4. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
5. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)