|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(d) They don't sound real to him.
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(b) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(c) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(d) The ability to foretell and change the future.
3. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
(a) He thinks she is lying in order to get something from him.
(b) He thinks she is manipulating him again.
(c) He thinks she is doing the right thing.
(d) He thinks it is wonderful that she's stopped being stupid.
4. How did Medea save Jason's life?
(a) She convinced him to stop adventuring away from home.
(b) She killed a traitor among his men that was plotting his death.
(c) She discovered a leak aboard the Argo that could have drowned him.
(d) She enabled him to get the Golden Fleece and escape alive.
5. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) She is a criminal there.
(b) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
(c) Her pride.
(d) There is no ship that will go there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
2. When did Medea kill for Jason?
3. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
4. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)