|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(b) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(c) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(d) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
2. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
(a) Her maid.
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) Her children.
3. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) It is time for their baths before supper.
(b) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(c) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(d) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and defenseless.
(b) Happy and maternal.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
5. Who does Medea beg Jason to enlist in supporting his plea to Creon?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The princess.
(c) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
3. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
4. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
5. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)