|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She pities Medea.
2. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Refusing his money.
(b) Threatening the King.
(c) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(d) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They all love themselves more than others.
(c) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
4. When does Medea promise she will leave Corinth for good?
(a) Once her children are cared for.
(b) After Jason's wedding.
(c) As soon as she can pack a bag.
(d) Before sunrise.
5. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(c) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(d) They don't sound real to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
2. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
3. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
4. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
5. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)