|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
(a) Her fury.
(b) Her resolve.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her magic.
2. Who returns with the children after they go with Jason to plead their case?
(c) The Tutor.
(d) The Nurse.
3. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To offer background information.
(b) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(c) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(d) To introduce every character in the play.
4. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(b) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(c) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
(d) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
5. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) So she will heal his wife.
(b) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(c) To prove he is trustworthy.
(d) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
2. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
5. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)