|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) There is no ship that will go there.
(b) She is a criminal there.
(c) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
(d) Her pride.
2. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(b) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
2. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
4. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)