|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The story of the play.
(b) The names of the actors involved.
(c) The end of the story.
(d) When to applaud.
2. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
(b) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
(c) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(d) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
4. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(d) The Nurse.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(b) Open and honest communication.
(c) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(d) Moderation in all things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
2. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
3. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
4. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)