|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(b) To introduce every character in the play.
(c) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(d) To offer background information.
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(b) They will be killed.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) They will be forcibly banished.
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Aegeus and Medea.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Jason and Medea.
4. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
5. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(b) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(c) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(d) That she can stay one more day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
2. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)