|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
2. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(b) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Refusing his money.
(b) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(c) Threatening the King.
(d) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
4. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(d) The Nurse.
5. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(b) That she can stay one more day.
(c) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(d) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
2. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
3. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
4. How did Medea save Jason's life?
5. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)