|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Abstain from having more children.
(b) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
(c) Support them financially.
(d) Forget about them as if they never existed.
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(b) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(c) His strong friendship with Jason.
(d) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
3. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Creon's palace.
(c) Her homeland.
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(b) They need support from the government to get by.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
5. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(b) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(c) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(d) They don't sound real to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
2. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
3. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
4. How did Medea save Jason's life?
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)