|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
(a) Pain and Misfortune.
(b) Civilization and Honor.
(c) Status and Prestige.
(d) Money and Fame.
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She pities Medea.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Aegeus and Medea.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Jason and Medea.
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) Medea will take violent revenge.
(d) She will lose her job in the divorce.
5. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(b) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
4. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
5. When did Medea kill for Jason?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)