|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(b) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(c) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(d) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
2. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It makes him many new friends.
(b) It gets him into trouble.
(c) It makes him look weak.
(d) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(b) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(c) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(d) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) They don't sound real to him.
(d) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
5. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
(a) Other women and children.
(b) The sun, the moon, and the tides of the sea.
(c) The warmth and intimacy of love..
(d) Their inability to see reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)