|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
2. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
(a) He can get her out of the country alive.
(b) A spell was placed on him that makes him tell the truth.
(c) She needs to provide for her children.
(d) He is the only person that speaks her language.
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(c) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
5. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Fearful and vengeful.
(d) Happy and maternal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
3. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
4. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)