|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(b) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(c) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(d) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
2. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
(b) Abstain from having more children.
(c) Forget about them as if they never existed.
(d) Support them financially.
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The end of the story.
(b) The story of the play.
(c) When to applaud.
(d) The names of the actors involved.
5. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It gives time for a scene change.
(b) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(c) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
(d) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
4. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)