|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(b) He wants to send them away for military training.
(c) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(d) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
2. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) He wants a prettier wife.
(b) A desire to better support his family.
(c) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(d) He needs money to pay his debts.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That he isn't worth it.
(b) That it won't accomplish anything.
(c) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(d) That it will give her the strength to survive.
4. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(b) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(c) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(d) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
5. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
2. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
3. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
4. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
5. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)