|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(b) The gods.
(c) The servants.
2. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
(a) They are no longer intimate.
(b) He is embarrassed by Medea.
(c) He isn't able to have more children with Medea.
(d) He wants to marry into money.
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(b) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
4. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(b) The Nurse.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(d) He has a point about getting more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
2. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
4. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
5. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)