|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(b) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
2. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
(b) Threatening the King.
(c) Refusing his money.
(d) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That he isn't worth it.
(b) That it won't accomplish anything.
(c) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(d) That it's perfectly appropriate.
4. What country is the myth of Medea from?
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
2. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)