|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His love for his daughter.
(b) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(c) His struggle to be compassionate.
(d) His desire to rule his people fairly.
2. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(b) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Aegeus and Jason.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She is enraged.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She doesn't really care.
5. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(b) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
(c) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
(d) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
3. Why is Medea being banished?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)