|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is upset for Medea.
(d) She doesn't really care.
2. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are weak victims that need protection.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(b) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(c) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(d) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(b) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(c) Come out so they can comfort her.
(d) Stop crying and tend her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
2. When did Medea kill for Jason?
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)