|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) He needs money to pay his debts.
(b) He wants a prettier wife.
(c) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(d) A desire to better support his family.
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(d) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
3. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(b) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(c) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
(d) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
4. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
5. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) She is a criminal there.
(b) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
(c) There is no ship that will go there.
(d) Her pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. Why is Medea being banished?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)