|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
(b) Abstain from having more children.
(c) Support them financially.
(d) Forget about them as if they never existed.
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(b) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(c) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(d) It is time for their baths before supper.
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(b) That men look out for women as best they can.
(c) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(d) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
4. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Tutor.
(d) The boys.
5. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(b) The chorus.
(d) Medea's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Medea kill for Jason?
2. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
4. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
5. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)