|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To find glory and live forever in legend.
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and defenseless.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Happy and maternal.
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(b) That men always betray women.
(c) That children are weapons against a mother.
(d) That women cannot be trusted.
4. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(b) A golden ring to sell for money.
(c) An opportunity to stay in the city.
(d) Money to support herself and the children.
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They betray women all the time.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
2. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
3. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
4. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)