|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(c) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(d) They all love themselves more than others.
3. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(b) That she can stay one more day.
(c) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(d) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
5. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Golden Fleece.
(b) The Nautilus.
(c) The Labyrinth.
(d) The Argo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
2. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
5. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)