|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) The Tutor and children.
(c) Aegeus and Creon.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To introduce every character in the play.
(b) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(c) To offer background information.
(d) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(b) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(c) Promise to keep them secret.
(d) Send someone to warn the King.
4. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(b) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(c) That it won't accomplish anything.
(d) That he isn't worth it.
5. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) A desire to better support his family.
(b) He needs money to pay his debts.
(c) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(d) He wants a prettier wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
2. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
3. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
4. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)