|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He wants to send them away for military training.
(b) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(c) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(d) He doesn't intend to help support them.
2. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(b) Creon's daughter.
(c) Medea's cousin.
(d) Aegeus's sister.
3. How did Medea save Jason's life?
(a) She convinced him to stop adventuring away from home.
(b) She enabled him to get the Golden Fleece and escape alive.
(c) She discovered a leak aboard the Argo that could have drowned him.
(d) She killed a traitor among his men that was plotting his death.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(b) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
3. Why is Medea being banished?
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)