|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(a) The Nurse.
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The names of the actors involved.
(b) The story of the play.
(c) When to applaud.
(d) The end of the story.
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
(b) Refusing his money.
(c) Threatening the King.
(d) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(c) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(d) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
2. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
3. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
5. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)