|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(b) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(c) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(d) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The gods.
(b) The servants.
(d) Her children.
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(a) The Nurse.
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(d) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
5. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
2. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
5. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)