|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They are dangerous to love.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
2. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(b) The Nurse.
3. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Creon's palace.
(b) Her homeland.
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(b) Medea will take violent revenge.
(c) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(d) She will lose her job in the divorce.
5. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is upset for Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. What country is the myth of Medea from?
4. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
5. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)