|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The boys.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Tutor.
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(b) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(c) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(d) His strong friendship with Jason.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
4. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
(b) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
(c) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(d) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
5. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Aegeus's sister.
(c) Medea's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
2. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
3. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)