|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(b) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(c) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(d) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
2. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
(a) Either great happiness or great despair.
(b) Dangerous passion and foolishness.
(c) Pain for everyone involved.
(d) Destruction of reason.
3. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She doesn't really care.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is upset for Medea.
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and vengeful.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and defenseless.
5. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Medea kill for Jason?
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
3. Why does Medea claim she is refusing Jason's money?
4. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
5. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)