|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(a) The Nurse.
2. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(b) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(c) He has a point about getting more money.
(d) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Aegeus's sister.
(c) Medea's cousin.
4. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
(b) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
(c) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(d) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
5. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He wants to send them away for military training.
(c) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(d) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
2. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
3. When did Medea kill for Jason?
4. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)