|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
(b) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
(c) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(d) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Aegeus and Medea.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Jason and Hecate.
(d) Medea and Creon.
3. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
4. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(b) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
(c) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(d) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He has a point about getting more money.
(d) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
4. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)