|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
2. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(b) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
(c) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(d) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(b) To find a beautiful wife.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
4. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(d) Help Jason hide from the guards.
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
5. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)