|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are weak victims that need protection.
(b) They need support from the government to get by.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
2. Why does Medea claim she is refusing Jason's money?
(a) Money gained from a bad man is no good.
(b) He doesn't have enough to give her.
(c) She can get money from her family instead.
(d) She can provide adequately for herself.
3. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(c) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(d) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
2. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
3. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
4. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)