|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(c) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
2. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(b) The Nurse.
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The servants.
(c) Her children.
(d) The gods.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(d) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
5. Why does Medea claim she is refusing Jason's money?
(a) He doesn't have enough to give her.
(b) She can provide adequately for herself.
(c) She can get money from her family instead.
(d) Money gained from a bad man is no good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
3. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
4. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
5. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)