|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Creon and his daughter.
(d) Aegeus and Jason.
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They tend to stray but always come back.
(c) They are dangerous to love.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
3. How did Medea save Jason's life?
(a) She enabled him to get the Golden Fleece and escape alive.
(b) She convinced him to stop adventuring away from home.
(c) She discovered a leak aboard the Argo that could have drowned him.
(d) She killed a traitor among his men that was plotting his death.
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(b) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(c) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
5. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
2. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
3. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
4. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)