|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
2. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Creon and his daughter.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Aegeus and Jason.
3. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(a) A golden ring to sell for money.
(b) Money to support herself and the children.
(d) An opportunity to stay in the city.
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
2. Which character caused Medea's rage?
3. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
4. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)