|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(b) That children are weapons against a mother.
(c) That women cannot be trusted.
(d) That men always betray women.
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(b) They are treated well enough.
(c) They are treated worse than slaves.
(d) They are treated very badly in general.
4. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(a) An opportunity to stay in the city.
(b) Money to support herself and the children.
(d) A golden ring to sell for money.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(b) He is ready to go along with it.
(c) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(d) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
2. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
4. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
5. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)