|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(b) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
(c) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(d) She needs a place to go afterwards.
2. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(c) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
3. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) They don't sound real to him.
(b) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(c) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(d) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
4. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Abstain from having more children.
(b) Forget about them as if they never existed.
(c) Support them financially.
(d) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
5. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Acid trap.
(d) Hired assassin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)