|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(b) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(c) They don't sound real to him.
(d) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
2. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she can stay one more day.
(b) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(c) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(d) That her children must leave but she can stay.
3. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
4. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(b) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(c) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(d) He wants to send them away for military training.
5. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
3. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
4. What does Jason believe Medea gained by coming to his homeland?
5. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)