|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She pities Medea.
(d) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
2. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(b) Come out so they can comfort her.
(c) Stop crying and tend her children.
(d) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
3. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(b) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
(c) It gives time for a scene change.
(d) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(c) The Nurse.
5. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
(a) He wants a prettier wife.
(b) A desire to better support his family.
(c) It's the only way for him to advance socially.
(d) He needs money to pay his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
2. How did Medea save Jason's life?
3. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
4. What two characters are getting divorced?
5. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)