|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(c) The Nurse.
2. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(b) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(c) Medea will take violent revenge.
(d) She will lose her job in the divorce.
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Aegeus's sister.
(b) Medea's cousin.
(d) Creon's daughter.
4. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Threatening the King.
(b) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
(c) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(d) Refusing his money.
5. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(b) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(c) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(d) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
2. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
3. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)