|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(c) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(d) He wants to send them away for military training.
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(b) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
4. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(b) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(c) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(d) That she can stay one more day.
5. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(b) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
2. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
3. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
4. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
5. How does Medea think women generally feel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)