|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(c) The Nurse.
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She pities Medea.
(b) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(c) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(d) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(b) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(c) They don't sound real to him.
(d) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They tend to stray but always come back.
(c) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(d) They are dangerous to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
2. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
3. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)