|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) They don't sound real to him.
(d) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(b) His love for his daughter.
(c) His struggle to be compassionate.
(d) His desire to rule his people fairly.
4. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(b) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(c) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(d) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
5. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are weak victims that need protection.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
3. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
4. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)