|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Fearful and vengeful.
(d) Happy and maternal.
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(b) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(c) It is time for their baths before supper.
(d) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
3. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(b) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
(c) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
(d) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
4. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The end of the story.
(b) When to applaud.
(c) The story of the play.
(d) The names of the actors involved.
5. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Aegeus and Medea.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Jason and Hecate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
5. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)