|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Aegeus and Creon.
(b) Creon and his daughter.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) The Tutor and children.
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They are dangerous to love.
(d) They betray women all the time.
3. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and defenseless.
4. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
(a) Encouraged the neighbors to befriend her.
(b) Convinced his new wife Medea is harmless.
(c) Taken her from a barbaric land.
(d) Tried to intercede with Creon.
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(c) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
2. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
5. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)