|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The boys.
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be forcibly banished.
(b) They will be killed.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
3. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(c) He wants to send them away for military training.
(d) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
4. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(b) Open and honest communication.
(c) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(d) Moderation in all things.
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(b) His strong friendship with Jason.
(c) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(d) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
3. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
5. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)