|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She pities Medea.
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(c) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(d) He wants to send them away for military training.
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To banish her to a nunnery.
(c) To execute her on false charges.
(d) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
2. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
3. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)