|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(b) To execute her on false charges.
(c) To send her and her children into exile.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
2. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Acid trap.
(d) Hired assassin.
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and her children.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(b) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(c) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(d) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Medea will take violent revenge.
(b) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(c) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(d) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
2. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)