|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(b) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(c) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(d) That she forget her love so she can go on.
2. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) Creon and his daughter.
(c) Aegeus and Creon.
(d) The Tutor and children.
3. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(b) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(c) That she can stay one more day.
(d) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She is too angry.
(b) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(d) She is afraid to go outside.
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(b) The gods.
(d) The servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
3. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
4. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
5. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)