|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) Medea will take violent revenge.
(d) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
2. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(b) That it won't accomplish anything.
(c) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(d) That he isn't worth it.
3. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(b) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
(c) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(d) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
4. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(b) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(c) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(d) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
5. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Medea's cousin.
(c) Aegeus's sister.
(d) Creon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
4. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)