|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Creon's palace.
(b) Her homeland.
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
4. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(b) The Nurse.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(d) Medea will take violent revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
2. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
3. Why is Medea being banished?
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)