|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Kill their father.
(d) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(b) To find a beautiful wife.
(c) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) The Tutor and children.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Aegeus and Creon.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
4. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
5. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)