|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(c) They will be forcibly banished.
(d) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(b) Creon's palace.
(d) Her homeland.
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Hired assassin.
(b) Acid trap.
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are dangerous to love.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They betray women all the time.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(b) His strong friendship with Jason.
(c) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(d) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
2. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)