|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Hired assassin.
(b) Acid trap.
2. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(c) The chorus.
(d) Medea's children.
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(b) Send someone to warn the King.
(c) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(d) Promise to keep them secret.
4. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
5. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(b) Creon's daughter.
(c) Aegeus's sister.
(d) Medea's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
2. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. How does Medea think women generally feel?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)