|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They all love themselves more than others.
(b) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(c) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(d) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She is upset for Medea.
(c) She doesn't really care.
(d) She is surprised.
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(c) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(d) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
4. What country is the myth of Medea from?
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
4. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)