|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(b) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(c) It is time for their baths before supper.
(d) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
2. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(b) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(c) Medea will take violent revenge.
(d) She will lose her job in the divorce.
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That women cannot be trusted.
(b) That children are weapons against a mother.
(c) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(d) That men always betray women.
5. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He wants to send them away for military training.
(b) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(c) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(d) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
2. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
4. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)