|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(b) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
2. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
3. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(c) Medea's children.
(d) The chorus.
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Acid trap.
(c) Hired assassin.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Medea will take violent revenge.
(b) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(c) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(d) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
3. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
4. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
5. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)