|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(b) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(c) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(d) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(b) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(c) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(d) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men look out for women as best they can.
(b) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
(c) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(d) That women are frequently wronged by men.
4. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(b) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(c) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(d) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) When to applaud.
(b) The names of the actors involved.
(c) The end of the story.
(d) The story of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
3. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)