|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Nautilus.
(b) The Argo.
(c) The Golden Fleece.
(d) The Labyrinth.
2. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(b) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
(c) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(d) She needs a place to go afterwards.
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It makes her character more sympathetic.
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(b) They will be forcibly banished.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) They will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
2. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)