|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
2. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(c) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(d) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They are dangerous to love.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
4. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(d) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
5. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(b) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
(c) It gives time for a scene change.
(d) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
4. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
5. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)