|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
2. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(d) They betray women all the time.
4. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(b) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(c) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(d) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
5. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is enraged.
(c) She doesn't really care.
(d) She is upset for Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
2. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
3. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)