|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) It is time for their baths before supper.
(b) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(c) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(d) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
2. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(b) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His struggle to be compassionate.
(b) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(c) His love for his daughter.
(d) His desire to rule his people fairly.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(b) Moderation in all things.
(c) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(d) Open and honest communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
3. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)