|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(c) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(d) The balance between independence and homemaking.
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(b) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(c) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(d) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(c) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(d) They all love themselves more than others.
4. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It makes him look weak.
(b) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(c) It makes him many new friends.
(d) It gets him into trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
3. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
4. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)