|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Moderation in all things.
(b) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(c) Open and honest communication.
(d) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(b) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(c) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(d) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That he isn't worth it.
(b) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(c) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(d) That it won't accomplish anything.
4. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(b) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(c) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(d) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
4. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)