|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(b) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(c) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
(d) That men look out for women as best they can.
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They are dangerous to love.
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(b) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(c) Promise to keep them secret.
(d) Send someone to warn the King.
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(b) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
2. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)