|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(c) They will be forcibly banished.
(d) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and defenseless.
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(c) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(d) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
4. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
5. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(c) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(d) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
2. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
4. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)