|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated worse than slaves.
(b) They are treated well enough.
(c) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(d) They are treated very badly in general.
2. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(b) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
3. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(b) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(c) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(d) That she can stay one more day.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(b) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(c) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(d) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
5. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
3. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
4. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)