|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is surprised.
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To offer background information.
(b) To introduce every character in the play.
(c) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(d) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Jason and her children.
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Labyrinth.
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Argo.
5. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To banish her to a nunnery.
(b) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(c) To send her and her children into exile.
(d) To execute her on false charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
2. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)