|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The servants.
(c) Her children.
(d) The gods.
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(b) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(c) He is ready to go along with it.
(d) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(b) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(c) Lie to the town police.
(d) Kill their father.
4. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(b) Moderation in all things.
(c) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(d) Open and honest communication.
5. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They all love themselves more than others.
(b) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(c) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
2. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)