|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Aegeus's sister.
(c) Medea's cousin.
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(c) Lie to the town police.
(d) Help Jason hide from the guards.
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Medea and Creon.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Jason and Medea.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
2. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
5. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)