|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Argo.
(b) The Labyrinth.
(c) The Golden Fleece.
(d) The Nautilus.
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(b) To introduce every character in the play.
(c) To offer background information.
(d) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are dangerous to love.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They betray women all the time.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(b) He is ready to go along with it.
(c) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(d) He wants to come up with a better plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
2. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
3. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)