|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To execute her on false charges.
(b) To banish her to a nunnery.
(c) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(d) To send her and her children into exile.
2. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
3. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(b) To offer background information.
(c) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(d) To introduce every character in the play.
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Argo.
(b) The Labyrinth.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Golden Fleece.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(b) He is ready to go along with it.
(c) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(d) He wants to come up with a better plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)