|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(b) Come out so they can comfort her.
(c) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(d) Stop crying and tend her children.
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(b) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(c) It is time for their baths before supper.
(d) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They all love themselves more than others.
(c) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(c) The servants.
(d) The gods.
5. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To execute her on false charges.
(c) To banish her to a nunnery.
(d) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
2. What is the name of Jason's ship?
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
4. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)