|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(a) The Nurse.
2. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(b) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Kill their father.
(d) Help Jason hide from the guards.
4. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
5. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and her children.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Creon and his daughter.
(d) Aegeus and Jason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
3. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. What is the name of Jason's ship?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)