|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(b) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(c) They all love themselves more than others.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He is ready to go along with it.
(b) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(c) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(d) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
3. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(b) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(c) Stop crying and tend her children.
(d) Come out so they can comfort her.
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(c) To banish her to a nunnery.
(d) To execute her on false charges.
5. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(b) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(c) To offer background information.
(d) To introduce every character in the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
2. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
3. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
4. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
5. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)