|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Aegeus and Medea.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Jason and Hecate.
2. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Labyrinth.
(b) The Argo.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Golden Fleece.
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(b) Her children.
(c) The gods.
(d) The servants.
4. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Kill their father.
(d) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
5. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Stop crying and tend her children.
(b) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(c) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(d) Come out so they can comfort her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
3. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)