|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She doesn't really care.
(b) She is enraged.
(c) She is upset for Medea.
(d) She is surprised.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(b) Creon's palace.
(d) Her homeland.
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She pities Medea.
(b) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
4. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The boys.
(d) The Nurse.
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(c) Lie to the town police.
(d) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
2. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)