|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She pities Medea.
(b) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To execute her on false charges.
(c) To banish her to a nunnery.
(d) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Aegeus's sister.
(c) Medea's cousin.
(d) Creon's daughter.
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The servants.
(c) The gods.
(d) Her children.
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The end of the story.
(b) The names of the actors involved.
(c) When to applaud.
(d) The story of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
2. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
3. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)