|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
(b) She is too angry.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(d) She is afraid to go outside.
2. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Argo.
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Labyrinth.
3. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(b) Kill their father.
(c) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(d) Lie to the town police.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She is enraged.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She doesn't really care.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(b) Open and honest communication.
(c) Moderation in all things.
(d) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
2. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
3. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)