|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She pities Medea.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Her homeland.
(c) Creon's palace.
3. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(b) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(c) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(d) He is ready to go along with it.
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Aegeus and Creon.
(c) The Tutor and children.
(d) Jason and his lover.
5. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(b) It is time for their baths before supper.
(c) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(d) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
2. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)