|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Argo.
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Labyrinth.
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The Nurse.
(d) The boys.
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(b) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(c) The servants.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)