|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Stop crying and tend her children.
(b) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
(c) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(d) Come out so they can comfort her.
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Medea.
(b) Medea and Creon.
(c) Jason and Hecate.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
3. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(b) Creon's palace.
(c) Her homeland.
4. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(b) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(c) They all love themselves more than others.
(d) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They betray women all the time.
(c) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(d) They are dangerous to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
3. What is the name of Jason's ship?
4. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)