|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(b) To offer background information.
(c) To introduce every character in the play.
(d) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(c) Medea's children.
(d) The chorus.
4. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She pities Medea.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
5. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) Creon and his daughter.
(c) The Tutor and children.
(d) Aegeus and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)