|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The story of the play.
(b) The end of the story.
(c) The names of the actors involved.
(d) When to applaud.
2. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) The Tutor and children.
(b) Aegeus and Creon.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
3. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To offer background information.
(b) To introduce every character in the play.
(c) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(d) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
4. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Her homeland.
(d) Creon's palace.
5. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Aegeus's sister.
(b) Medea's cousin.
(d) Creon's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
3. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
5. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)