|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They betray women all the time.
(c) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(d) They are dangerous to love.
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(b) It is time for their baths before supper.
(c) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(d) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That he isn't worth it.
(b) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(c) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(d) That it won't accomplish anything.
4. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Aegeus and Jason.
(d) Jason and her children.
5. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(a) The chorus.
(b) Medea's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters are getting divorced?
2. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
5. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)