|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Open and honest communication.
(b) Moderation in all things.
(c) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(d) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
2. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The boys.
3. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is upset for Medea.
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(c) To execute her on false charges.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The story of the play.
(b) The names of the actors involved.
(c) The end of the story.
(d) When to applaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
4. What is the name of Jason's ship?
5. What two characters are getting divorced?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)