|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The gods.
(c) Her children.
(d) The servants.
2. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(b) It is time for their baths before supper.
(c) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(d) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
3. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
(b) She is afraid to go outside.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(d) She is too angry.
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(b) The Nurse.
5. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She pities Medea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
3. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)