|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(b) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(c) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(d) That she forget her love so she can go on.
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are dangerous to love.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They betray women all the time.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
4. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Medea.
(b) Aegeus and Medea.
(c) Jason and Hecate.
(d) Medea and Creon.
5. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Her homeland.
(c) Creon's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)