|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They are dangerous to love.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Creon's palace.
(c) Her homeland.
3. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(b) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(c) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(d) It is time for their baths before supper.
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(b) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(a) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)