|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(b) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(c) It is time for their baths before supper.
(d) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The names of the actors involved.
(b) When to applaud.
(c) The story of the play.
(d) The end of the story.
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(b) The servants.
(d) The gods.
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Medea will take violent revenge.
(b) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(c) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(d) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)