Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(b) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(c) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(d) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
2. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(b) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(c) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(d) Medea will take violent revenge.
3. What does Medea compare herself to in her last confrontation with Jason?
(a) A sea monster.
(b) A gryphon.
(c) A siren.
(d) A harpy.
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(b) To send her and her children into exile.
(c) To execute her on false charges.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) They will be forcibly banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an oracle?
2. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
3. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
5. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)