Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea think Jason is a coward?
(a) He wasn't willing to stand up for Medea with the other Greeks.
(b) He should have talked to her before going to another woman.
(c) He is too afraid of Creon to speak up for Medea.
(d) She was the only reason he got the Golden Fleece.
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The gods.
(c) The servants.
(d) Her children.
3. How does Medea react to the news that her children can stay in Corinth?
(a) She appears upset.
(b) She is very happy.
(c) She goes into hysterics.
(d) She has very little reaction.
4. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) Medea will take violent revenge.
(b) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(c) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(d) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(b) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(c) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(d) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
2. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
3. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
4. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
5. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)