Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(d) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Medea.
(b) Medea and Creon.
(c) Aegeus and Medea.
(d) Jason and Hecate.
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(b) To denote their status as lower than women.
(c) To prevent them from telling lies.
(d) To remind women none is trustworthy.
4. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
(b) It will provide funds for her and her children.
(c) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
(d) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
5. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(b) Medea's children.
(d) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
2. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
3. Which character caused Medea's rage?
4. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)