Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Fearful and defenseless.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
2. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(b) To find a beautiful wife.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(b) That children are weapons against a mother.
(c) That women cannot be trusted.
(d) That men always betray women.
4. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Kill their father.
(d) Help Jason hide from the guards.
5. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She doesn't really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
3. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)