|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They tend to stray but always come back.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(d) They betray women all the time.
3. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(b) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(c) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(d) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
4. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
5. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
2. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
3. What is an oracle?
4. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
5. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)