|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(c) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(d) They will be forcibly banished.
2. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(c) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(d) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
3. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
(a) He loves her too much to hurt her.
(b) She is too stubborn and outspoken.
(c) She won't ever tell him what she really thinks.
(d) He can't understand her through her thick accent.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She doesn't really care.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is upset for Medea.
5. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(b) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(c) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(d) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
2. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
3. What is an oracle?
4. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)