|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The Nurse.
(b) The boys.
(c) The Tutor.
2. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(b) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(c) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(d) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
3. What title does Aegeus hold?
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) They don't sound real to him.
(b) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(c) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(d) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
5. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
2. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
3. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
4. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
5. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)