|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
(a) They will be able to carry on and treat others better.
(b) They will likely both be dead.
(c) They will both live lives full of pain.
(d) They will learn lessons about selfishness.
2. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(a) The princess.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(c) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(b) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(c) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(d) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
2. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
3. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
4. What is an oracle?
5. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)