|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
(b) Take her children with her when she leaves.
(c) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(d) Go into exile as ordered.
2. What happens when Medea puts her children's hands in Jason's?
(a) Jason doesn't want to hold their hands.
(b) She begins crying.
(c) They stain Jason's hands with the ink from their lessons.
(d) She tells them to go with him forever.
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(b) Acid trap.
(c) Hired assassin.
4. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They all love themselves more than others.
(c) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
5. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(b) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(c) Send someone to warn the King.
(d) Promise to keep them secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
2. What is an oracle?
3. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
4. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)