|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What justification does Medea give for being upset when her children return from seeing their father?
(a) She misses having her whole family together.
(b) She is grieving that she will soon leave them behind.
(c) She can see their father in their faces.
(d) She is so happy that she weeps.
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated very badly in general.
(b) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(c) They are treated well enough.
(d) They are treated worse than slaves.
3. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(b) The boys.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) The Tutor.
4. What role does Medea think she should play in Jason's new marriage?
(a) She should give away the bride.
(b) She should sew the dress.
(c) She should help to plan it.
(d) She should give away the groom.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Moderation in all things.
(b) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(c) Open and honest communication.
(d) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
2. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
4. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
5. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)