|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(d) The oracle.
2. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because they are related.
(b) Because he is a fellow king.
(c) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(d) Because Creon has a large army.
3. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
4. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) Her pride.
(b) She is a criminal there.
(c) There is no ship that will go there.
(d) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
5. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) It is almost immediate.
(d) The poison doesn't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
2. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
3. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
4. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
5. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)