|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(d) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
2. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(b) They are family heirlooms.
(c) An Asian queen.
(d) The sun god.
3. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(b) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
(c) It gives time for a scene change.
(d) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
4. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(b) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
5. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(b) Take her children with her when she leaves.
(c) Go into exile as ordered.
(d) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
2. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
3. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
4. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
5. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)