|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(d) The balance between independence and homemaking.
2. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
(a) She was supposed to leave before sunrise.
(b) The borders will soon be closed to travelers.
(c) Everyone knows she is responsible for the deaths.
(d) The army is being mobilized to execute her on sight.
3. Why is Medea really crying when she sees her children with Jason?
(a) Probably because she imagines Jason's future family life and is grieving the loss of her own.
(b) Probably because she will miss them when she leaves them in Corinth.
(c) Probably because she knows she will kill them all soon.
(d) Probably because she is so angry but can't show it.
4. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
(a) He invites Medea to come to the feast.
(b) He is very accommodating to Medea's feelings.
(c) He dances with his children to teach them what to do at the wedding.
(d) He is suspicious of Medea's motives.
5. What does Medea promise Jason she will do after she sees him the second time?
(a) Go into exile as ordered.
(b) Beg Creon for forgiveness.
(c) Take her children with her when she leaves.
(d) Make a bouquet of flowers for his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
3. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
4. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
5. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)