|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The names of the actors involved.
(b) When to applaud.
(c) The story of the play.
(d) The end of the story.
2. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) A few hours.
(b) The poison doesn't work.
(c) It is almost immediate.
(d) Less than an hour.
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(b) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(c) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
4. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(b) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
(c) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
(d) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
5. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(b) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(c) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
2. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
3. What does Medea say is the only thing stronger than her sorrow?
4. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
5. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)