|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
(a) Advice on what she should do next.
(b) The herbs to make her poison.
(c) To allow her to make a new home in his land.
(d) Fabric to make a wedding dress for Jason's bride.
2. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Support them financially.
(b) Abstain from having more children.
(c) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
(d) Forget about them as if they never existed.
3. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
(a) She is forbidden from returning by Creon.
(b) Her pride.
(c) She is a criminal there.
(d) There is no ship that will go there.
4. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He wants to send them away for military training.
(b) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(c) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(d) He doesn't intend to help support them.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(b) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(c) He has a point about getting more money.
(d) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
2. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
3. What title does Aegeus hold?
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
5. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)