|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are weak victims that need protection.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
2. Is Medea always firmly resolved that she should kill her children?
(a) No, she wavers back and forth over what she should do.
(b) Yes, she knows it's the only way to hurt Jason.
(c) No, she is afraid that she won't be able to do it.
(d) Yes, she has always hated being a mother.
3. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(b) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
(c) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(d) He has a point about getting more money.
4. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(b) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(c) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(d) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
5. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he may not recover from his grief.
(b) That he will need comfort from friends.
(c) That he should have seen through Medea.
(d) That he deserves the pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Aegeus hold?
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
3. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
4. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
5. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)