|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) Hatred for all foreigners.
(b) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(c) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(d) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) In a matter of a few minutes.
(b) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
(c) They were slow and painful.
(d) Pretty quickly.
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She pities Medea.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
4. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(b) They don't sound real to him.
(c) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(d) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
5. What excuse does Medea give for her tears when she is looking at Jason with her children?
(a) That she will miss having her family all together.
(b) That her children's love is so pure it makes her weep.
(c) That she is imagining them reaching out to heaven in the distant future.
(d) That she remembers when Jason held her own hand so tenderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
3. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
4. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
5. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)