|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom were Medea's wedding gifts supposedly procured?
(a) An Asian queen.
(b) The sun god.
(d) They are family heirlooms.
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(d) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
(c) They are dangerous to love.
(d) They tend to stray but always come back.
4. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
(a) Pretty well, everyone gets very ill.
(b) Very well, the targets both die.
(c) Not at all, her reputation was overstated.
(d) The princess died but not her father.
5. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Hired assassin.
(d) Acid trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
3. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
4. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
5. What does the chorus think about Jason and Medea's futures once her plans are carried out?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)