|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It makes him look weak.
(b) It makes him many new friends.
(c) It gets him into trouble.
(d) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
2. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(b) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(c) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(d) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
3. What does Medea give Jason for his bride?
(a) A bouquet for his bride.
(b) An enchanted dress and crown.
(c) The promise that she will not seek revenge.
(d) A final kiss to remember her.
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His love for his daughter.
(b) His struggle to be compassionate.
(c) His desire to rule his people fairly.
(d) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
5. Why does Medea call her children out during her second scene with Jason?
(a) So he can say goodbye to them before they leave the country.
(b) So that she won't attack him.
(c) To tell their father what they learned during their lessons.
(d) To remind him of his love for his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
3. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
5. How long should it take the princess to die?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)