|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an oracle?
(a) A new weapon.
(b) A king's advisor.
(c) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(d) A respected prophet.
2. Why does Medea say Jason should forgive her?
(a) He is the father of her children.
(b) She can harm him and his new wife if he doesn't.
(c) She is unable to control her emotions under duress.
(d) She was being a fool but sees better now.
3. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(b) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(c) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
(d) It is time for their baths before supper.
4. Who is Aegeus?
(a) One of Creon's courtiers.
(b) A friend of Medea's.
(c) An Argonaut.
(d) Jason's cousin.
5. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea convince Jason to give her gifts to his new wife?
2. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
4. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
5. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)