|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poison affect Creon?
(a) His flesh falls from his bones.
(b) He has a psychotic break.
(c) He vomits copiously.
(d) He breaks out in boils all over his body.
2. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
(a) Very well, the targets both die.
(b) Pretty well, everyone gets very ill.
(c) The princess died but not her father.
(d) Not at all, her reputation was overstated.
3. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(b) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(c) He has a point about getting more money.
(d) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
4. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(b) His strong friendship with Jason.
(c) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(d) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
5. What is an oracle?
(a) A respected prophet.
(b) A new weapon.
(c) A teacher in the use of herbs and potions.
(d) A king's advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
2. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
3. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
4. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)