|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(b) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(c) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
(d) That she forget her love so she can go on.
2. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Acid trap.
(b) Hired assassin.
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The servants.
(b) The gods.
(c) Her children.
4. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated worse than slaves.
(b) They are treated very badly in general.
(c) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(d) They are treated well enough.
5. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Medea's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)