|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated very badly in general.
(b) They are treated well enough.
(c) They are treated worse than slaves.
(d) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
2. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Hecate.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
4. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
(b) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
(c) It gives time for a scene change.
(d) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Open and honest communication.
(b) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(c) Moderation in all things.
(d) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
2. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
3. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)