|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(b) She is too angry.
(c) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
(d) She is afraid to go outside.
2. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To execute her on false charges.
(b) To send her and her children into exile.
(c) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Medea.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
4. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(b) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
5. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(c) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
2. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)