|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(b) They need support from the government to get by.
(c) They are weak victims that need protection.
(d) They are capable of extreme violence.
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
4. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(b) That men look out for women as best they can.
(c) That women are frequently wronged by men.
(d) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Open and honest communication.
(b) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(c) Moderation in all things.
(d) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
5. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)