|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The story of the play.
(b) The end of the story.
(c) The names of the actors involved.
(d) When to applaud.
2. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
3. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(c) They will be forcibly banished.
(d) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and defenseless.
(b) Happy and maternal.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(b) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(c) Kill their father.
(d) Lie to the town police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
3. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
4. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)