|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(d) The Nurse.
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are dangerous to love.
(b) They betray women all the time.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
3. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) When to applaud.
(b) The end of the story.
(c) The story of the play.
(d) The names of the actors involved.
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are weak victims that need protection.
(b) They need support from the government to get by.
(c) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(d) They are capable of extreme violence.
5. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
5. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)