|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) They don't sound real to him.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(d) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
3. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The gods.
(b) Her children.
(d) The servants.
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(d) The Nurse.
5. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Hecate.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Aegeus and Medea.
(d) Medea and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)