|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They are dangerous to love.
(b) They tend to stray but always come back.
(c) They betray women all the time.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
2. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(b) Medea's children.
(c) The chorus.
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(b) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(c) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(d) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(b) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(c) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(d) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
5. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(b) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(c) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
(d) The ability to foretell and change the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
2. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
3. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
4. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
5. What two characters are getting divorced?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)