|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated well enough.
(b) They are treated worse than slaves.
(c) They are treated very badly in general.
(d) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That children are weapons against a mother.
(b) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(c) That women cannot be trusted.
(d) That men always betray women.
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(b) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(c) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(d) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is enraged.
(c) She is upset for Medea.
(d) She doesn't really care.
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(d) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea think women generally feel?
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)