|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(b) Medea's children.
(c) The chorus.
2. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(c) The Nurse.
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Jason and her children.
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(b) His desire to rule his people fairly.
(c) His love for his daughter.
(d) His struggle to be compassionate.
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(b) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. Why is Medea being banished?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)