|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Fearful and defenseless.
(d) Happy and maternal.
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(b) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(c) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
(d) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
3. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(c) To execute her on false charges.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(b) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His strong friendship with Jason.
(b) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(c) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(d) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
3. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
5. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)