|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Lie to the town police.
(c) Help Jason hide from the guards.
(d) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
2. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Acid trap.
(d) Hired assassin.
3. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
(a) The story of the play.
(b) When to applaud.
(c) The names of the actors involved.
(d) The end of the story.
4. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She pities Medea.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
5. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Jason and his lover.
(c) Aegeus and Creon.
(d) The Tutor and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
3. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
4. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
5. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)