|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(c) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(d) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
2. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
3. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) They don't sound real to him.
(b) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(c) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(d) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(b) The servants.
(c) Her children.
(d) The gods.
5. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it won't accomplish anything.
(b) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(c) That he isn't worth it.
(d) That it's perfectly appropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
2. What two characters are getting divorced?
3. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)