|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(b) Creon's palace.
(d) Her homeland.
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Fearful and defenseless.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
4. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be forcibly banished.
(b) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(c) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(d) They will be killed.
5. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(b) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(c) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(d) They all love themselves more than others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
2. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
3. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)