|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(b) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
(c) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(d) She needs a place to go afterwards.
2. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(b) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(c) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(d) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
3. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
(a) Kill their father.
(b) Bribe an official to let him out of the city.
(c) Lie to the town police.
(d) Help Jason hide from the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
2. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)