|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the myth of Medea from?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(b) They are good at heart and want to help others.
(c) They all love themselves more than others.
(d) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
3. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(b) He wants to come up with a better plan.
(c) He is ready to go along with it.
(d) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
4. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)