|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
(a) They want to find personal peace at whatever cost.
(b) They generally are just trying to get along without trouble.
(c) They all love themselves more than others.
(d) They are good at heart and want to help others.
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She pities Medea.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
3. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It makes him look weak.
(b) It gets him into trouble.
(c) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(d) It makes him many new friends.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
5. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(b) They don't sound real to him.
(c) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(d) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
2. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
3. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
4. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
5. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)