|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) Aegeus and Jason.
(c) Jason and her children.
(d) Creon and his daughter.
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(b) It makes her character more sympathetic.
(c) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(d) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Medea and Creon.
(b) Jason and Medea.
(c) Jason and Hecate.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
4. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
(a) Go back to her homeland and leave her children behind.
(b) Come out so they can comfort her.
(c) Stop crying and tend her children.
(d) Find a way to revenge herself against her husband.
5. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(b) That her children must leave but she can stay.
(c) That she can stay one more day.
(d) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
3. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
5. What country is the myth of Medea from?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)