|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(b) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(c) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(d) Medea will take violent revenge.
2. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(b) The Nurse.
3. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
(a) Getting anger out so it doesn't fester.
(b) Open and honest communication.
(c) Expressing feelings openly and without reserve.
(d) Moderation in all things.
4. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(b) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(c) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(d) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
3. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
4. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
5. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)