|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Aegeus and Creon.
(b) The Tutor and children.
(c) Creon and his daughter.
(d) Jason and his lover.
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That men always betray women.
(b) That children are weapons against a mother.
(c) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(d) That women cannot be trusted.
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Hired assassin.
(b) Acid trap.
4. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
(a) He is only a father giving away his daughter to a good man.
(b) He has been a friend to her and she wouldn't betray his trust.
(c) She is afraid of him and his soldiers.
(d) He is too powerful and if she tried she would surely fail.
5. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) Her children.
(c) The servants.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
2. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
3. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)