|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(b) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is upset for Medea.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is surprised.
3. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(b) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(c) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(d) She pities Medea.
4. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and defenseless.
5. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated worse than slaves.
(b) They are treated well enough.
(c) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(d) They are treated very badly in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
3. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)