|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) They don't sound real to him.
(b) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(c) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(d) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
2. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
(b) She is too angry.
(c) She is afraid to go outside.
(d) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
3. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
(a) To send her and her children into exile.
(b) To execute her on false charges.
(c) To set her up in a country estate she may not leave.
(d) To banish her to a nunnery.
4. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is upset for Medea.
(c) She doesn't really care.
(d) She is enraged.
5. What is the name of Jason's ship?
(a) The Argo.
(b) The Nautilus.
(c) The Golden Fleece.
(d) The Labyrinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
3. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)