|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He wants to send them away for military training.
(b) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(c) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(d) He doesn't intend to help support them.
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and defenseless.
3. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His struggle to be compassionate.
(b) His love for his daughter.
(c) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(d) His desire to rule his people fairly.
5. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
(a) The boys.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) The Tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Medea being banished?
2. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
3. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
4. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)