|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Comforted and happy.
(b) Fearful and vengeful.
(c) Fearful and defenseless.
(d) Happy and maternal.
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That men always betray women.
(b) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(c) That children are weapons against a mother.
(d) That women cannot be trusted.
5. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(b) Medea will take violent revenge.
(c) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
(d) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
5. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)