Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To find out how his wife might have children.
(b) To decide what to name his first child.
(c) To learn how long he would live.
(d) To get advice about a potential war.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(c) Creon's palace.
(d) Her homeland.
3. How does Jason react now that he thinks he's getting his way?
(a) He dances with his children to teach them what to do at the wedding.
(b) He invites Medea to come to the feast.
(c) He is very accommodating to Medea's feelings.
(d) He is suspicious of Medea's motives.
4. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
(a) Jason and his lover.
(b) The Tutor and children.
(c) Creon and his daughter.
(d) Aegeus and Creon.
5. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(b) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(c) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(d) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
2. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
3. How does Jason feel about Medea's new decision?
4. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
5. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)