|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(b) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She is upset for Medea.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She doesn't really care.
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(b) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(c) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(d) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
4. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To prevent them from telling lies.
(b) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(c) To denote their status as lower than women.
(d) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
(a) He is ready to go along with it.
(b) He doesn't know what's being plotted.
(c) He is furious and stands up for his wife.
(d) He wants to come up with a better plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
2. How long should it take the princess to die?
3. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
4. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)