|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(b) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(c) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
2. What country is the myth of Medea from?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
(a) She is able to read thoughts and project her own.
(b) The ability to foretell and change the future.
(c) The ability to curse people to die horribly.
(d) It's not specifically said, but she is called a witch.
4. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(b) The Nurse.
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(b) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(c) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(d) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
2. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
5. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)