|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chorus first arrives, what prayer does Medea send to the gods?
(a) That she be killed soon to relieve her pain.
(b) That she be allowed to see Jason's life destroyed.
(c) That she forget her love so she can go on.
(d) That the woman Jason is leaving her for be punished.
2. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
(a) The warmth and intimacy of love..
(b) The sun, the moon, and the tides of the sea.
(c) Their inability to see reason.
(d) Other women and children.
3. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
(b) About two or three days.
(c) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
(d) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
4. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(b) To denote their status as lower than women.
(c) To prevent them from telling lies.
(d) To remind women none is trustworthy.
5. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(b) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(c) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(d) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
2. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
3. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
4. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)