|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To learn how long he would live.
(b) To decide what to name his first child.
(c) To find out how his wife might have children.
(d) To get advice about a potential war.
2. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated well enough.
(b) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
(c) They are treated worse than slaves.
(d) They are treated very badly in general.
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
(a) That men should be careful of the wrath of women.
(b) That men look out for women as best they can.
(c) That women should stop expecting more than is realistic from men.
(d) That women are frequently wronged by men.
4. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Aegeus and Jason.
(b) Creon and his daughter.
(c) Jason and her children.
(d) Jason and his lover.
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
2. Why does Jason say dealing with Medea is hopeless?
3. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
4. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
5. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)