|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
(b) Medea's children.
(c) The chorus.
2. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
(a) Only that she is being exiled, not her plans for revenge.
(b) That Medea is angry and might harm herself.
(c) A little bit about her plans but not enough to incriminate himself.
(d) Everything about her plans to kill Jason and his bride.
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To denote their status as lower than women.
(b) To prevent them from telling lies.
(c) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(d) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
4. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(b) She is secretly in love with him.
(c) Now she can carry out her revenge.
(d) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
5. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
(b) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(c) To introduce every character in the play.
(d) To offer background information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's ship?
2. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
3. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
4. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
5. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)