|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(c) Hired assassin.
(d) Acid trap.
2. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(b) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(c) She pities Medea.
(d) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
3. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(b) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(c) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(d) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
4. What country is the myth of Medea from?
5. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
(a) To apologize for any parts the audience may not like.
(b) To offer background information.
(c) To introduce every character in the play.
(d) To make the audience laugh before the tragedy begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse's reaction when she learns what Jason thinks about the plan involving Medea?
2. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
3. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
4. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
5. What does the Nurse feel is best for people?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)