|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(b) The gods.
(c) The servants.
(d) Her children.
2. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
3. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
4. Why does the Nurse send the children inside after hearing the Tutor's news?
(a) It is time for their baths before supper.
(b) She doesn't want them hearing more gossip about their parents.
(c) She wants some time alone with the Tutor.
(d) She is afraid Medea may take her anger out on them.
5. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(d) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
2. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
3. What characters interrupt the Nurse's monologue?
4. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
5. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)