|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(c) The oracle.
2. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That women cannot be trusted.
(b) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(c) That men always betray women.
(d) That children are weapons against a mother.
3. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(b) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To capture the Golden Fleece.
4. Who is the first character to appear in the play?
(d) The Nurse.
5. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
2. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
3. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
4. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
5. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)