|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His struggle to be compassionate.
(b) His love for his daughter.
(c) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(d) His desire to rule his people fairly.
2. What character has the strongest position in Part 3?
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
(a) That it will give her the strength to survive.
(b) That it won't accomplish anything.
(c) That it's perfectly appropriate.
(d) That he isn't worth it.
4. What attitude does Jason have towards Medea when he appears?
5. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(b) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(c) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(d) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
4. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
5. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)