|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
(a) It shows that she might not understand that murder is illegal.
(b) It reveals that Jason probably left her due to cultural differences.
(c) It makes it easier to see why she doesn't have many friends.
(d) It makes her character more sympathetic.
2. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
(a) She doesn't think any men are trustworthy.
(b) He has lied to her in the past.
(c) The other kings may persuade him to break his word.
(d) His wife might become jealous of Medea.
3. How did Medea save Jason's life?
(a) She convinced him to stop adventuring away from home.
(b) She enabled him to get the Golden Fleece and escape alive.
(c) She killed a traitor among his men that was plotting his death.
(d) She discovered a leak aboard the Argo that could have drowned him.
4. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Medea and Creon.
(b) Jason and Hecate.
(c) Jason and Medea.
(d) Aegeus and Medea.
5. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
(b) It will provide funds for her and her children.
(c) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
(d) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
2. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
3. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
4. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
5. When did Medea kill for Jason?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)