|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(b) Promise to keep them secret.
(c) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(d) Send someone to warn the King.
2. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His strong friendship with Jason.
(b) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(c) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(d) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
3. What does Jason offer Medea towards the end of their argument?
(a) An opportunity to stay in the city.
(b) Money to support herself and the children.
(d) A golden ring to sell for money.
4. What reaction does the Nurse have to Medea's pain?
(a) She thinks Medea is too emotional.
(b) She sympathizes but wants Medea to stop crying.
(c) She tells Medea it's her own fault.
(d) She pities Medea.
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
(a) They betray women all the time.
(b) They are dangerous to love.
(c) They tend to stray but always come back.
(d) They are never satisfied with just one woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
3. What would the chorus like Medea to do when they first arrive?
4. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
5. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)