|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(b) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(c) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(d) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
2. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To find a beautiful wife.
(b) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(c) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
(d) To find glory and live forever in legend.
3. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(a) Medea's cousin.
(b) Creon's daughter.
(d) Aegeus's sister.
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Acid trap.
(c) Hired assassin.
5. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
(a) He has a point about getting more money.
(b) He is just making excuses for his bad behavior.
(c) He is doing what he needs to save his honor.
(d) He could have had a mistress without getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
2. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
3. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
4. According to the chorus, what does excessive love bring?
5. How long should it take the princess to die?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)