|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea appear to Aegeus?
2. Why does Medea claim she is refusing Jason's money?
(a) He doesn't have enough to give her.
(b) Money gained from a bad man is no good.
(c) She can provide adequately for herself.
(d) She can get money from her family instead.
3. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(b) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
(c) Now she can carry out her revenge.
(d) She is secretly in love with him.
4. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(b) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(c) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
5. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That women cannot be trusted.
(b) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(c) That men always betray women.
(d) That children are weapons against a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an oracle?
2. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
4. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
5. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)