|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
(a) Forget about them as if they never existed.
(b) Support them financially.
(c) Abstain from having more children.
(d) Send letters to Medea's relatives to see if they'll help her.
2. How long should it take the princess to die?
(a) About two or three days.
(b) It depends on how much poison she ingests.
(c) She should die as soon as she comes into contact with the poison.
(d) Several weeks of illness so it can't be traced.
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(b) Threatening the King.
(c) Refusing his money.
(d) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
4. What does Jason think influences women's judgment?
(a) The sun, the moon, and the tides of the sea.
(b) Their inability to see reason.
(c) The warmth and intimacy of love..
(d) Other women and children.
5. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
(a) The Tutor.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) Her maid.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
2. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
4. Why does Medea have no choice but to trust Jason?
5. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)