|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
(c) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(d) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
2. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(b) Hatred for all foreigners.
(c) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(d) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
3. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Refusing his money.
(b) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(c) Threatening the King.
(d) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
4. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(a) Her homeland.
(d) Creon's palace.
5. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
(b) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
(c) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
(d) It will provide funds for her and her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Aegeus hold?
2. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
3. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
4. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
5. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)