|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It makes him many new friends.
(c) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(d) It makes him look weak.
2. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(b) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(c) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
(d) Showing that not all men are selfish.
3. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
(a) She is too angry.
(b) She is afraid to go outside.
(c) She doesn't really like the women of the chorus.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to see her tear-stained face.
4. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(c) The Nurse.
5. Who is Aegeus?
(a) A friend of Medea's.
(b) One of Creon's courtiers.
(c) An Argonaut.
(d) Jason's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
2. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
3. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
4. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
5. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)