|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(b) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(c) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(d) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
2. Medea longs to go to what place that she's forbidden to visit?
(b) Her homeland.
(c) Creon's palace.
3. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
4. Who does Medea curse when she hears the news about the plans for her and her children?
(a) Creon and his daughter.
(b) Jason and her children.
(c) Jason and his lover.
(d) Aegeus and Jason.
5. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
(a) Arranging to go back to her homeland.
(b) Staying in a kingdom nearby.
(c) Threatening the King.
(d) Refusing his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
2. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
3. What country is the myth of Medea from?
4. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
5. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)