|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
(c) He wants to send them away for military training.
(d) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
2. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
(a) To prevent them from telling lies.
(b) To distinguish those that can be trusted from those that can't.
(c) To remind women none is trustworthy.
(d) To denote their status as lower than women.
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
4. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
(a) That she has lost her mind and must be stopped.
(b) That she will not be able to carry it out in the moment.
(c) That it's the only thing she could do.
(d) That it makes perfect sense given the circumstance.
5. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(b) The Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
2. What is the Tutor's belief about people?
3. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
4. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
5. What does the chorus tell Medea about men?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)