|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(b) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(c) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(d) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
2. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are capable of extreme violence.
(c) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
3. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
(a) It will provide funds for her and her children.
(b) She will be able to travel like she always wanted.
(c) It will free her up to pursue love elsewhere.
(d) She would like it if love weren't a factor.
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
(b) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
(c) To discuss politics.
(d) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
5. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That children are weapons against a mother.
(b) That women cannot be trusted.
(c) That men always betray women.
(d) That marriages are doomed to fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
2. What has Jason agreed to do while Medea and her children are in exile?
3. What does the chorus express about Medea's anger toward Jason?
4. What plans are made regarding Medea in order to facilitate the wedding?
5. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)