|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jason's mission when he and Medea met?
(a) To capture the Golden Fleece.
(b) To find glory and live forever in legend.
(c) To find a beautiful wife.
(d) To negotiate peace with Thebes.
2. When did Medea kill for Jason?
(a) When he was trying to escape with the Golden Fleece.
(b) Several times throughout their marriage.
(c) Just before their first child was born.
(d) Aboard the Argo when they were attacked by sirens.
3. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(b) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
(c) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(d) His strong friendship with Jason.
4. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(b) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(c) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
(d) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
5. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(b) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(c) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
(d) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jason's reaction to the plan involving Medea?
2. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
3. What does Medea think about Jason's argument for his actions?
4. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
5. What did Medea persuade the king's daughters to do in order to let Jason leave with the Fleece?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)