|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are capable of extreme violence.
(b) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(c) They need support from the government to get by.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
2. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(b) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(c) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(d) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
3. What two characters are getting divorced?
(a) Jason and Hecate.
(b) Aegeus and Medea.
(c) Medea and Creon.
(d) Jason and Medea.
4. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
(a) She feels better after speaking with a friend.
(b) She is secretly in love with him.
(c) He promised not to tell her plans to Creon.
(d) Now she can carry out her revenge.
5. What goddess does Medea invoke as she plans her revenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
2. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
4. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
5. Which character caused Medea's rage?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)