|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
(a) His desire to rule his people fairly.
(b) His love for his daughter.
(c) His being victimized for something he didn't do.
(d) His struggle to be compassionate.
2. Why is Medea glad to see Jason at first?
(a) She thinks she can convince him to come back to her.
(b) Because she needs his advice on where to go.
(c) She wants the opportunity to kill him face-to-face.
(d) So she can finally vent her anger in person.
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
(d) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
4. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Send someone to warn the King.
(b) Promise to keep them secret.
(c) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(d) Protest that she is out of her mind.
5. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
(b) She is a very good housekeeper.
(c) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
(d) She can enable them to conceive a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters are getting divorced?
2. What is the purpose of the first section of the play?
3. Who appears to check on Medea after hearing her cries?
4. What choice does Jason claim Medea will regret in the future?
5. Why does Jason claim Medea should think his plan is good?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)