|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
2. Who did the Tutor overhear making plans?
3. Why does Jason say Medea is lucky?
(a) She doesn't have to worry about how to provide for a family.
(b) He thinks she should be executed for threatening the King.
(c) Her husband is still willing to provide for her when she leaves.
(d) She has two children to take with her so she won't be lonely.
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
(a) Hired assassin.
(d) Acid trap.
5. Why does Medea believe Jason looked for another woman?
(a) He wants to marry into money.
(b) He is embarrassed by Medea.
(c) He isn't able to have more children with Medea.
(d) They are no longer intimate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
2. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
3. What prevents Medea from returning to her homeland?
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
5. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)