|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(b) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
(c) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(d) Showing that not all men are selfish.
2. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
(a) That it makes perfect sense given the circumstance.
(b) That it's the only thing she could do.
(c) That she has lost her mind and must be stopped.
(d) That she will not be able to carry it out in the moment.
3. What does the Nurse fear at the beginning of the play?
(a) The children will be upset when they see their parents fighting.
(b) She will lose her job in the divorce.
(c) Medea will take violent revenge.
(d) Jason will kill Medea for being too contrary.
4. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
(a) Advice on what she should do next.
(b) Fabric to make a wedding dress for Jason's bride.
(c) The herbs to make her poison.
(d) To allow her to make a new home in his land.
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
(a) His beliefs about women and their role in society.
(b) His desire to rid his kingdom of a foreign menace.
(c) His strong friendship with Jason.
(d) His love for his daughter and desire to see her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nurse think Medea will refuse to exit her home?
2. What does Jason say he has done on Medea's behalf?
3. What title does Aegeus hold?
4. What does Jason claim motivated him to leave Medea for the princess?
5. In the time the play was written, what would the audience have typically known before coming to the theater?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)