|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character caused Medea's rage?
(d) The Nurse.
2. Whom does Jason intend to marry?
(b) Medea's cousin.
(c) Creon's daughter.
(d) Aegeus's sister.
3. To whom does Medea reveal her complete plan for revenge?
(a) The chorus.
4. To whom does the Nurse say Medea cries for comfort?
(a) The gods.
(b) The servants.
(d) Her children.
5. What does the chorus comment that they can hear in Medea's cries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
3. Why would Medea like the gods to place a mark on men?
4. Who explains why Medea is crying to the chorus?
5. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)