|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(b) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(c) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
(d) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
2. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
(a) Very well, the targets both die.
(b) Not at all, her reputation was overstated.
(c) Pretty well, everyone gets very ill.
(d) The princess died but not her father.
3. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
(a) Her head.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her feet.
4. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(d) The princess.
5. What bargain does Medea strike with Creon?
(a) That she can stay as a servant to Creon.
(b) That she can stay one more day.
(c) That she doesn't have to leave for a year.
(d) That her children must leave but she can stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea promise she won't hurt Creon?
2. Who tells Medea about Creon and his daughter?
3. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
4. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
5. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)