|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
(a) He doesn't intend to help support them.
(b) He wants to send them away for military training.
(c) He wants them to be shipped back to Medea's homeland.
(d) He intends to move them in with him and his new wife.
2. Why is Medea being banished?
(a) She has had an affair and that is the punishment.
(b) Creon is afraid of her and what she'll do.
(c) Creon doesn't like her because she's a foreigner.
(d) Jason's new wife doesn't like having her around.
3. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) Medea killing her children.
(b) Medea's goodbye to her family.
(c) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(d) The story about Medea's revenge.
4. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
(b) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
(c) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(d) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
5. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Makes her contort in pain.
(b) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(c) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
2. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
3. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
4. How does Medea plan to exact her revenge?
5. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)