|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
(a) Only that she is being exiled, not her plans for revenge.
(b) That Medea is angry and might harm herself.
(c) A little bit about her plans but not enough to incriminate himself.
(d) Everything about her plans to kill Jason and his bride.
2. What does the chorus do when they learn of Medea's plans for revenge?
(a) Protest that she is out of her mind.
(b) Send someone to warn the King.
(c) Argue with Medea about her plans.
(d) Promise to keep them secret.
3. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(b) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
4. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
(b) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
(c) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
(d) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
5. How long does it take the poison to start working?
(a) A few hours.
(b) It is almost immediate.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) The poison doesn't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
2. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
3. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
4. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
5. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)