|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(b) They need support from the government to get by.
(c) They are capable of extreme violence.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
2. Whom else does Medea decide to kill after Aegeus leaves?
(a) Her children.
(b) The Tutor.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) Her maid.
3. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
(a) The Nurse.
4. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She is a very good housekeeper.
(b) She can enable them to conceive a child.
(c) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
(d) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
5. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because he is a fellow king.
(b) Because they are related.
(c) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(d) Because Creon has a large army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poison affect Creon?
2. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
3. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
4. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
5. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)