|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(b) They are never fully welcome or at home.
(c) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(d) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
2. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(d) The balance between independence and homemaking.
3. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Puts them on.
(b) Sends a message to her father.
(c) Kisses Jason.
(d) Throws them away.
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(c) It makes him look weak.
(d) It makes him many new friends.
5. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
2. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
3. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
4. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
5. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)