|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
(a) Her head.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her feet.
2. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To find out how his wife might have children.
(b) To learn how long he would live.
(c) To get advice about a potential war.
(d) To decide what to name his first child.
3. How can Medea help Aegeus and his wife?
(a) She will let them adopt her children since they can't conceive.
(b) She is a very good housekeeper.
(c) She knows how to translate the prophecy.
(d) She can enable them to conceive a child.
4. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Makes her contort in pain.
(b) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(c) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
5. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
(a) She decides Jason has suffered enough and will let her children live.
(b) She becomes even more resolved to carry it out.
(c) It unravels because she is immediately captured by soldiers.
(d) It is stalled because Jason returns to stop her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
2. What does Creon, despite his actions, believe compassion leads to?
3. What has Jason said is his intent with regard to his children?
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
5. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)