|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
(a) That it is the most important skill to get by in life and survive in a strange land.
(b) That it is on par with being moral, and only matters in the eye of the beholder.
(c) That it hasn't helped her very much, earning her enemies rather than friends.
(d) That it is something women learn from birth in order to survive the men they meet.
2. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
3. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Kisses Jason.
(b) Puts them on.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Sends a message to her father.
4. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(b) Medea's goodbye to her family.
(c) The story about Medea's revenge.
(d) Medea killing her children.
5. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
(b) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
(c) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(d) It gives time for a scene change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
2. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
4. How does the poison affect Creon?
5. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)