|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(d) The oracle.
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(c) They will be forcibly banished.
(d) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
3. What function does the chorus's ode serve after the fight between Medea and Creon?
(a) It offers more exposition to explain what is happening.
(b) It gives the audience a breather from the intensity of the scene.
(c) It gives time for a scene change.
(d) It illuminates the subtext behind the relationship between the two.
4. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Her gifts from Medea.
(b) Her love for Jason.
(c) Creon's advice.
(d) Jason's compelling argument.
5. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(b) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(c) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
(d) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
2. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
3. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
4. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
5. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)