|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It makes him many new friends.
(b) It makes him look weak.
(c) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
(d) It gets him into trouble.
2. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
3. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
(a) He was frightened.
(b) He believes it must be true.
(c) He thinks it's probably wrong.
(d) He didn't understand it.
4. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
(a) She needs friends to comfort her and help her plan for the future.
(b) She is afraid if she stays inside any longer she will go mad.
(c) She wants to find out if they have information about where to find Jason.
(d) It's important to foreigners to keep up good relations with the locals.
5. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Fearful and defenseless.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Happy and maternal.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea want to know about the deaths she caused?
2. How well do Medea's enchantments appear to work in the play?
3. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
4. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
5. What prophecy does the Messenger offer?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)