|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To learn how long he would live.
(b) To decide what to name his first child.
(c) To get advice about a potential war.
(d) To find out how his wife might have children.
2. How did the princess first feel when Jason asked her to spare his children?
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That men always betray women.
(b) That women cannot be trusted.
(c) That children are weapons against a mother.
(d) That marriages are doomed to fail.
4. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
(b) The oracle.
5. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(b) Attacking her after the ceremony.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
2. How is Creon poisoned?
3. How does the poison affect Creon?
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
5. What does the chorus, after hearing Medea's plans, say about relations between men and women?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)