|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medea feel when she hears how her plan worked?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She rejoices.
(c) She is remorseful.
(d) She is angry that she was brought to this.
2. Why doesn't Creon trust Medea's reasons for allowing her to stay?
(a) He thinks she is clever enough to be manipulative.
(b) He has heard stories about her and thinks she is a liar.
(c) She sounds too angry to be able to live there peacefully.
(d) They don't sound real to him.
3. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(b) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(c) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
(d) The balance between independence and homemaking.
4. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
(a) To keep her from poisoning his family.
(b) So she will heal his wife.
(c) To prove he is trustworthy.
(d) So she can call on him for assistance in the future.
5. What does the chorus think about Medea's plan for her children?
(a) That it makes perfect sense given the circumstance.
(b) That it's the only thing she could do.
(c) That she has lost her mind and must be stopped.
(d) That she will not be able to carry it out in the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
2. How fast do the deaths happen?
3. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
4. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
5. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)