|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the princess do as soon as she receives her gifts from Medea?
(a) Sends a message to her father.
(b) Puts them on.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Kisses Jason.
2. What does the poison do to the princess's body?
(a) Causes boils to appear on her skin.
(b) Causes her flesh to fall off her bones.
(c) Makes her contort in pain.
(d) Nothing other than making her fall asleep.
3. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
(a) Showing mercy is a sign of weakness.
(b) One day is enough time to exact her revenge.
(c) One day isn't enough time for her to take care of her children.
(d) It gives her enough time to break up Jason and his new wife.
4. What title does Aegeus hold?
5. How does the chorus feel about Jason after hearing of the deaths?
(a) That he will need comfort from friends.
(b) That he may not recover from his grief.
(c) That he should have seen through Medea.
(d) That he deserves the pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
2. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
3. What prevents Creon from helping Medea or seeing her point of view?
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
5. What makes Creon sympathetic as a character?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)