|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
2. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(b) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
(c) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(d) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
3. What theme, central to the play, does the chorus frequently reiterate?
(a) That women cannot be trusted.
(b) That marriages are doomed to fail.
(c) That children are weapons against a mother.
(d) That men always betray women.
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To discuss politics.
(b) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
(c) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
(d) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It makes him many new friends.
(c) It makes him look weak.
(d) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say about the value of being clever?
2. How long should it take the princess to die?
3. Why does Aegeus swear an oath to Medea?
4. Who orders Medea to leave with her children?
5. Why does Medea think she might not be able to trust Aegeus?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)