|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(b) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(c) Hatred for all foreigners.
(d) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
2. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(c) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
3. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
(a) Because they've been friends since childhood.
(b) Because he is a fellow king.
(c) Because they are related.
(d) Because Creon has a large army.
4. Why is Aegeus going to see his friend?
(a) To discuss politics.
(b) To decide which man his daughter should marry.
(c) To place a wager on the next gladiator fights.
(d) To get another opinion about the oracle's prophecy.
5. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
(a) Introducing the concept of prophecies and oracles.
(b) Proving that Medea actually does have friends.
(c) Showing that not all men are selfish.
(d) Giving Medea a place to run to after her revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
2. How long should it take the princess to die?
3. Who is Aegeus?
4. Why does Medea say Creon's mercy was foolish?
5. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)