|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea think about the way women are treated by men in Greece?
(a) They are treated well enough.
(b) They are treated worse than slaves.
(c) They are treated very badly in general.
(d) They are treated with the same tolerance as children.
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Fearful and defenseless.
(c) Comforted and happy.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
3. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
(a) He came to cheer Medea up.
(b) He's on his way to see another friend.
(c) Jason asked him to stop by and talk to Medea.
(d) He heard Medea had threatened the king.
4. What wins the princess over to being willing to help Jason's children?
(a) Creon's advice.
(b) Her gifts from Medea.
(c) Jason's compelling argument.
(d) Her love for Jason.
5. Why did Aegeus visit the oracle?
(a) To learn how long he would live.
(b) To decide what to name his first child.
(c) To find out how his wife might have children.
(d) To get advice about a potential war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aegeus?
2. How does the poison affect Creon?
3. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
4. Who tells Medea about Creon and his daughter?
5. What does Aegeus know when he swears the oath to Medea?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)