|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast do the deaths happen?
(a) In a matter of a few minutes.
(b) Pretty quickly.
(c) They were slow and painful.
(d) Creon and the princess aren't dead yet.
2. How does Medea plan to kill the princess?
(a) Poisoned wine during the banquet.
(b) Slipping ground glass into her meal.
(c) A poisoned dress and crown.
(d) Attacking her after the ceremony.
3. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
4. What character does the chorus have the most pity for?
(b) The princess.
5. What did Aegeus think of the oracle's reply to his question?
(a) He didn't understand it.
(b) He was frightened.
(c) He believes it must be true.
(d) He thinks it's probably wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea have to do in order to stay with Aegeus?
2. Why does the author emphasize several times that Medea is a "stranger in a strange land"?
3. Why is Medea so happy when Aegeus leaves?
4. Why is Medea being banished?
5. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)