|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Aegeus hold?
2. What will happen if Medea and her children are in Corinth at sunrise in two days?
(a) They will be killed.
(b) Jason will have to claim them as his family.
(c) They will be allowed to stay for the festival.
(d) They will be forcibly banished.
3. What occupies the majority of Part 6?
(a) Medea killing her children.
(b) The chorus encouraging Medea to flea before she is caught.
(c) The story about Medea's revenge.
(d) Medea's goodbye to her family.
4. Who does Medea plan to take revenge against?
(a) Jason, his new wife, and Creon.
(b) The Nurse, Jason, and the chorus.
(c) Her children, Creon and Aegeus.
(d) Jason, the Nurse, and the Tutor.
5. What are the women of this play communally struggling against?
(a) The prejudices against women in ancient Greece.
(b) The desire to kill men for their betrayals.
(c) The balance between independence and homemaking.
(d) The ability to be a good mother while having to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medea first consent to leave her home and meet with the chorus?
2. After the deaths of Creon and the princess, what happens to Medea's plan for her children?
3. What supernatural ability is Medea said to have?
4. Who decides on the oath Aegeus swears?
5. Why is Aegeus near Medea's house?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)