|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
(a) Advice on what she should do next.
(b) To allow her to make a new home in his land.
(c) The herbs to make her poison.
(d) Fabric to make a wedding dress for Jason's bride.
2. What word best describes Medea's emotional reaction to Creon?
3. Why does Medea feel immigrant women need to work particularly hard?
(a) They are looked down on as second-class citizens.
(b) They don't know the language and have to overcome the barrier.
(c) They don't have the same rights as citizens.
(d) They are never fully welcome or at home.
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
(a) It gets him into trouble.
(b) It makes him look weak.
(c) It makes him many new friends.
(d) It yields large rewards in terms of public opinion.
5. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They need support from the government to get by.
(b) They are capable of extreme violence.
(c) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
(d) They are weak victims that need protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plot problem does Aegeus solve in his scene?
2. The chorus invokes what gods to stop Medea from harming her children?
3. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
4. According to the chorus, who is the only other woman to have killed her own child?
5. Where does the princess start bleeding from?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)