One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might motivate the kings to come after Medea even if she's under Aegeus' protection?
(a) To get revenge against her for killing Jason and the princess.
(b) A desire to claim her sorcery for their own uses.
(c) Jealousy over her beauty and resources being used by Aegeus.
(d) Hatred for all foreigners.
2. How does Medea think women generally feel?
(a) Happy and maternal.
(b) Comforted and happy.
(c) Fearful and defenseless.
(d) Fearful and vengeful.
3. Why does the chorus feel how it does for the princess?
(a) She was the favorite child of the crown and loved by her people.
(b) She wasn't in control of anything that happened.
(c) She didn't do anything to deserve her death.
(d) She tried to send Jason back to Medea but he refused.
4. What does Medea think about women who have been wronged by a lover?
(a) They are capable of extreme violence.
(b) They are weak victims that need protection.
(c) They need support from the government to get by.
(d) They are at fault for not pleasing their man.
5. What stands in the way of Medea enacting her plans immediately?
(a) She has to take the time to prepare mentally.
(b) She needs a place to go afterwards.
(c) She can't get to her victims in the dark and must wait until morning.
(d) She needs to collect special herbs by moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea request from Aegeus?
2. Why doesn't Aegeus want to risk offending Creon?
3. Why is Medea advised to flee Corinth?
4. What has Creon's experience been with showing mercy?
5. What does Medea fear her enemies will do to her children?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)