• The action of the play begins with the Nurse explaining how Medea came to be in Corinth.
• She wishes that Jason and his ship the Argo had never successfully completed the quest for the Golden Fleece, because then he never would have met Medea and set a horrific chain of events into motion.
• The Nurse also gives the first glimpse of Medea's penchant for violence by revealing that Medea persuaded two royal daughters to kill their father in order for Jason to escape.
• Most recently, Jason has announced that he intends to leave Medea in order to marry the wealthy daughter of Creon, King of Corinth.
• Medea is deeply hurt and angry, and cries out to the gods for revenge and justice while ignoring her children.
• The Nurse is afraid that Medea is planning violent revenge against Jason and his lover.
• The Tutor arrives with the children...
This section contains 1,829 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)