|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
2. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
3. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
4. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
5. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)