|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
2. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
3. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
4. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
5. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect those characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)