|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
2. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
3. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
4. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
5. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)