|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
2. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
3. What is Ragozine's crime?
4. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
5. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)