|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
2. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
4. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
5. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)