|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
2. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
4. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
5. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)