|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
2. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
3. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
4. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
5. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)