|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
2. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
3. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
4. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
5. What is the name of the executioner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)