|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
3. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
4. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
5. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Claudio endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)