|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
2. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
3. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
4. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
5. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)