|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
2. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
3. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
4. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
5. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)