|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
2. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
3. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
4. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
5. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)