|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
2. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
3. What action does Angelo regret?
4. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
5. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)