|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
2. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
3. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
4. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
5. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)