|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
2. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
3. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
4. What is the name of the executioner?
5. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)