|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
2. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
3. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
4. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
5. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)