|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
2. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
3. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
4. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
5. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)