|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
2. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
3. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
4. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
5. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)