|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
3. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
5. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke have to do before he leaves the city at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is Mariana?
3. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
4. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
5. What do Angelo and Escalus think about the letters they received from the Duke?
6. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
7. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
8. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
9. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)