|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
4. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
2. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
3. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
4. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
5. What does Juliet tell the Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
7. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
8. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
9. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
10. What is Claudio arrested for?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)