|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
5. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
3. What is done in place of Barnardine's execution?
4. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
5. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
6. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
7. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
8. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
9. What is Claudio arrested for?
10. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Claudio endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)