|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
2. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
3. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
4. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
5. What position does Escalus hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
2. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
3. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
5. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
6. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
7. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
8. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
9. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
10. What is the Provost doing with Claudio, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)