|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
2. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
3. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
3. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
4. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
5. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
6. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What are Lucio and his friends talking about when they first appear on scene?
8. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
9. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
10. What does one of the accused men say about the new law enforcement measures at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect those characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Claudio endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)