|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
2. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
3. What is the Duke disguised as?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isabella do when she is told of Claudio's supposed execution?
2. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
3. What does the Duke have to do before he leaves the city at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
5. What does the Duke say Angelo has never done before his time as the deputy?
6. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
7. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
8. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
9. Who is Mariana?
10. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)