|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
3. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
2. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
3. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
4. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
5. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
6. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
7. What is Claudio arrested for?
8. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
9. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
10. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)