|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
2. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
3. What is the Duke disguised as?
4. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
2. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
3. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
4. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
5. What message does Angelo send the Provost while the Duke is in the prison?
6. What happens when Barnardine is brought out to be executed?
7. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
8. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
10. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)