|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
2. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
3. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
5. Where does this play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Constable bring before Escalus and Angelo, and what are they accused of?
2. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the Duke say Angelo has never done before his time as the deputy?
4. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Isabella do when she is told of Claudio's supposed execution?
6. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
7. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
8. What message does Angelo send the Provost while the Duke is in the prison?
9. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
10. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)