Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
3. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
2. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
3. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
4. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
5. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
6. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
7. What is Claudio arrested for?
8. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
9. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
10. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)