|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
4. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
2. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
3. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
4. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
5. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
6. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
8. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
9. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
10. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect those characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)