|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
2. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
3. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
4. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. What is the Constable's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
2. Who is Mariana?
3. What does the Duke say Angelo has never done before his time as the deputy?
4. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
5. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
6. What does the Duke have to do before he leaves the city at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
8. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
9. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
10. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect those characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)