|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
2. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
3. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
4. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
2. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
3. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
4. What does the Duke say Angelo has never done before his time as the deputy?
5. Who does the Constable bring before Escalus and Angelo, and what are they accused of?
6. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
7. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
8. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
9. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
10. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)