|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey accused of?
2. What is Juliet's crime?
3. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
4. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
2. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
3. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
4. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
5. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
6. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
7. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
8. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
9. What does the Duke say is the cause of the moral backsliding in Vienna?
10. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)