|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Constable bring before Escalus and Angelo, and what are they accused of?
2. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
3. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
4. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
5. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
6. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
8. What punishments are given to the men that the Constable brings before Escalus and Angelo?
9. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
10. What is Claudio arrested for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)