|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
2. How many characters are present in the first scene?
3. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
4. What is Pompey accused of?
5. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
2. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
3. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
4. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
5. What is Claudio arrested for?
6. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
7. Who is Mariana?
8. What does the Duke say is the cause of the moral backsliding in Vienna?
9. What message does Angelo send the Provost while the Duke is in the prison?
10. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Escalus and Angelo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)