|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
3. What is Juliet's crime?
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
5. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
2. What do Angelo and Escalus think about the letters they received from the Duke?
3. Why does Isabella think Mariana should accuse Angelo of fornication?
4. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
5. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
6. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
7. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
8. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
9. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
10. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Isabella presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)