|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
4. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is Pompey accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
2. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
3. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
4. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
5. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
6. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
7. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
8. What is the Provost doing with Claudio, and why?
9. Who is Mariana?
10. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)