|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(a) The Duke's.
2. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
(a) Her father.
(b) A priest.
(c) The Duke.
3. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A summons to court.
(b) News from the Duke.
(c) A replacement.
(d) A pardon for Claudio.
4. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(a) Defiling a church.
(b) Insulting a group of women.
5. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
2. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
3. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
4. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
5. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)