|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) Her dowry was lost.
(b) She was not virtuous.
(c) He lost interest in her.
(d) Her brother was a shame to his name.
2. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
(a) His friend needs the money for something else.
(b) He deserves to go to jail.
(c) He never repaid the last bail that was posted.
(d) He did not pay his friend's bail.
3. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to sin.
(b) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(c) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(d) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
4. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
5. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
(b) The servants.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
2. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
3. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
4. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
5. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)