|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(a) The Duke.
2. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's sanity.
(b) The Duke's reputation.
(c) The Duke's safety.
(d) The Duke's judgment.
3. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
(a) He may not take her side at first.
(b) She will not be believed.
(c) Escalus will accuse her of treachery.
(d) Angelo will be angry.
4. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(b) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(c) She does not want to sin.
(d) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
5. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) Her dowry was lost.
(b) She was not virtuous.
(c) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(d) He lost interest in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
2. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
3. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
4. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
5. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)