|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) The church.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
(a) There is always a reason.
(b) It is not surprising.
(c) There is no change.
(d) It is necessary.
3. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He has not spoken with a priest.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He is too drunk.
4. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's safety.
(b) The Duke's judgment.
(c) The Duke's sanity.
(d) The Duke's reputation.
5. What is Barnardine arrested for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
2. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
3. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
4. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
5. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)