|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He has not eaten.
(b) He has not spoken with a priest.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He is too drunk.
2. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
(a) The Duke.
3. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(c) The Duke's.
4. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
(b) Duke of Devotion.
(c) Duke of Dark Corners.
(d) Duke of Devastation.
5. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(b) Prepared to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
2. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
3. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
4. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
5. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)