|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
(a) A quick death.
(b) Merciful judgment.
(c) Pain and suffering.
(d) A quiet conscience.
2. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(c) Defiling a church.
(d) Insulting a group of women.
3. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) She is in mourning.
(c) He saw her joining the convent.
(d) He is too powerful.
4. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(a) The Duke.
5. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(c) Prepared to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
2. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
3. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
4. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
5. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)