|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(a) A priest.
(c) A messenger.
2. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(c) The Duke.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Provost.
4. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) If she can take her brother's place.
(b) If he has changed his mind.
(c) If there is anything she can do to change his mind.
(d) If she gave him enough time.
5. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(a) The nun.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is Pompey's occupation?
3. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
5. What is the Constable's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
2. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
3. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
4. Who is Mariana?
5. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
6. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
7. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
9. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
10. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)