|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her emotions.
(d) Her faith.
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the prison.
(c) In the courtroom.
(d) In a church.
3. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Marry him even though she is below his status.
(b) Tell others of his proposition.
(c) Tell others of his merciful heart.
(d) Help Claudio escape.
4. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(a) Drawn and Quartered.
(d) Life in prison.
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
2. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
5. What position does Escalus hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
2. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
3. What does the Duke say is the cause of the moral backsliding in Vienna?
4. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
5. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
6. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
7. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
8. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
9. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)