|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(b) The nun.
(d) The Duke.
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They are aggravating.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are logical.
3. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His temptations.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His lust.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
2. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
3. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mariana?
2. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
3. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
4. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does the Provost ask Angelo, and why?
6. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
7. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
8. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
9. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
10. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)