|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
(a) His family.
(b) His soul.
(c) His physical life.
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. What position does Escalus hold?
4. What is the Duke disguised as?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A jailer.
(c) A Friar.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A lord.
(c) A punisher.
(d) A bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
3. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Angelo and Escalus think about the letters they received from the Duke?
2. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
3. What message does Angelo send the Provost while the Duke is in the prison?
4. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
6. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
7. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
8. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
9. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)