|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A priest.
(b) A nun.
(c) Her father.
(d) A groundskeeper.
2. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(c) The Duke.
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) The city is unbearable.
(b) Fear is the best motivator.
(c) Laws must be enforced.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
4. What is Pompey's occupation?
5. What is Juliet's crime?
(a) Insulting the deputy.
(c) Owning a brothel.
(d) Lying in a court of law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
2. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
3. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
5. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke say is the cause of the moral backsliding in Vienna?
2. Who is Mariana?
3. What are Lucio and his friends talking about when they first appear on scene?
4. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
5. What does one of the accused men say about the new law enforcement measures at the beginning of Act 2?
6. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
7. What does Isabella do when she is told of Claudio's supposed execution?
8. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
9. Who does the Constable bring before Escalus and Angelo, and what are they accused of?
10. What position does the Provost offer to Pompey?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)