|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a church.
(b) In the prison.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the courtroom.
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
(d) His new power.
3. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A priest.
4. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He wants less responsibilities.
(b) He is going away.
(c) The city is growing.
(d) The old one died.
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The King.
(b) The Deputy.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
2. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
4. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
5. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
2. What position does the Provost offer to Pompey?
3. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
4. What is Claudio arrested for?
5. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does Juliet tell the Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
8. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
9. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
10. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)