|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has an important meeting.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He is not leaving the city.
(d) He has a marriage to attend.
2. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
(a) Marry Angelo.
(b) Give up her body.
(c) Take him out of the country.
(d) Take his place.
3. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 40 years.
4. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Try to help him.
(b) Visit him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Pray for him.
5. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Observe Angelo.
(c) Help enforce the laws.
(d) Get opinions from the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
2. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
3. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
4. What is Juliet's crime?
5. What is Pompey's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Barnardine is brought out to be executed?
2. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
3. What does Escalus ask Angelo at the beginning of Act 2, and what is Angelo's response?
4. Why does Isabella think Mariana should accuse Angelo of fornication?
5. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
6. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
7. What does the Duke say Angelo has never done before his time as the deputy?
8. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What does one of the accused men say about the new law enforcement measures at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)