|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(c) A priest.
(d) A messenger.
2. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of mercy and justice.
(b) Full of grace and honor.
(c) Full of gratitude and love.
(d) Full of pride and anger.
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In England.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In a cloister.
5. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Escalus hold?
2. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
3. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
4. What does Isabella hate about her brother?
5. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
2. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
3. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
4. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does the Provost ask Angelo, and why?
6. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
7. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
8. What is the Provost doing with Claudio, and why?
9. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
10. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)