|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He does not have that power.
(d) He needs proof of worth first.
2. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 5 weeks.
3. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His mind.
(c) His heart.
(d) His soul.
4. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is being arrested as well.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(d) Her father is ill.
5. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
4. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
5. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
2. Who is Mariana?
3. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
4. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
5. What are Lucio and his friends talking about when they first appear on scene?
6. What position does the Provost offer to Pompey?
7. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
9. What is Claudio arrested for?
10. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)