|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's crime?
(a) Owning a brothel.
(b) Lying in a court of law.
(d) Insulting the deputy.
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a cloister.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In England.
(d) In a monastery.
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will harden him.
(b) It will make him less faithful
(c) It will drive him mad.
(d) It will weaken him.
4. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) In church.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) In her brother's house.
(d) At a convent.
5. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Exactly what he got.
(b) A chance to plead his case.
(c) A meeting with his new son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
4. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
5. What has Claudio been arrested for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
2. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
3. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
4. What happens when Barnardine is brought out to be executed?
5. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
6. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
8. What are Lucio and his friends talking about when they first appear on scene?
9. Why does Isabella think Mariana should accuse Angelo of fornication?
10. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)