|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She does not want to die.
(c) She has repented.
(d) She hates Angelo.
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She feels justice has been served.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She can't believe it.
(d) She is not surprised.
4. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
(a) His soul.
(c) His physical life.
(d) His family.
5. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
(a) Take him out of the country.
(b) Marry Angelo.
(c) Give up her body.
(d) Take his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
2. What is Froth accused of doing?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
2. What is done in place of Barnardine's execution?
3. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
4. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
5. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
6. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
7. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
9. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
10. Who is Mariana?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)