|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is confused.
2. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of solace.
(b) A man of abstinence.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A man of duty.
3. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(c) His immoral life.
(d) His mother.
4. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing some jewels.
(b) Insulting a woman.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Speaking out against the Duke.
5. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Visit him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Try to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey accused of?
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
3. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
5. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
2. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
3. What punishments are given to the men that the Constable brings before Escalus and Angelo?
4. What does the Duke ask Friar Peter to do during the private meeting?
5. What does Isabella do when she is told of Claudio's supposed execution?
6. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
7. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
8. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What kind of life does Isabella want to lead?
10. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)