|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She has repented.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She does not want to die.
(d) She hates Angelo.
2. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Burrying her husband.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Getting married.
3. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A messenger.
(d) A priest.
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(c) Venerial diseases.
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His immoral life.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
2. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
3. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
4. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
5. Where does this play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Isabella do when she is told of Claudio's supposed execution?
3. Why does Isabella think Mariana should accuse Angelo of fornication?
4. What happens when Isabella meets with Angelo for the second time?
5. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
6. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
7. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
8. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
9. What does the Duke do to get the Provost to disobey Angelo's orders?
10. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)