|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Visit him.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Try to help him.
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
(a) His new power.
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) The city is unbearable.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
3. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
4. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
5. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke feel about Claudio's sentencing in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
3. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
4. How does the Duke plan to observe the actions of Angelo?
5. What punishments are given to the men that the Constable brings before Escalus and Angelo?
6. Why does Isabella think Mariana should accuse Angelo of fornication?
7. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
8. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
9. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
10. What is the Provost doing with Claudio, and why?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)