|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
(b) The Provost.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Pope.
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In a cloister.
(d) In England.
3. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(a) Breaking the law.
(b) Human appetites.
(c) Trying to be popular.
4. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A free and lively life.
(b) A strict and pious life.
(c) A serious and rigid life.
(d) A happy and content life.
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
5. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
3. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
4. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
5. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
7. What does Isabella do when she meets with Angelo?
8. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
9. What does the Duke say when he is left alone on stage in the prison?
10. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)