|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A strict and pious life.
(b) A free and lively life.
(c) A happy and content life.
(d) A serious and rigid life.
2. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) When the Duke returns.
(b) The next day.
(c) After her brother's execution.
(d) On Sunday.
3. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
(a) His opinion of Angelo's work.
(b) The date of Claudio's execution.
(c) The details of Angelo's actions.
(d) The names and crimes of the criminals.
4. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(c) He will starve him slowly.
(d) He will make his wife and child watch.
5. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) If she gave him enough time.
(b) If she can take her brother's place.
(c) If he has changed his mind.
(d) If there is anything she can do to change his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
2. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
3. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
4. What is Pompey accused of?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucio say to the disguised Duke in the prison?
2. What does Friar Peter do with Mariana and Isabella at the end of Act 4?
3. What is Isabella's response to Angelo's proposition to her?
4. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does one of the accused men say about the new law enforcement measures at the beginning of Act 2?
6. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
7. Why does the Duke request a special meeting with Friar Peter?
8. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
9. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
10. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)