|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(a) His unborn child.
(b) Only himself.
(c) God alone.
2. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
3. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The friary.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The poor house.
(d) The monastery.
5. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
2. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
3. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is the Constable's name?
5. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Barnardine is brought out to be executed?
2. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
3. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
5. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
6. How does Angelo feel after Isabella has left?
7. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
8. What do Angelo and Escalus think about the letters they received from the Duke?
9. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
10. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)