|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
(a) The names and crimes of the criminals.
(b) The details of Angelo's actions.
(c) His opinion of Angelo's work.
(d) The date of Claudio's execution.
2. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A messenger.
(c) A priest.
3. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) After her brother's execution.
(b) The next day.
(c) When the Duke returns.
(d) On Sunday.
4. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Fear is the best motivator.
(c) Laws must be enforced.
(d) The city is unbearable.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
(a) His new power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
2. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
3. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
4. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the disguised Duke say to further convince Mariana to participate in the plot?
2. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
3. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
4. What is the proposition Angelo gives to Isabella?
5. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Who is Mariana?
7. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
8. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
9. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
10. What does the Duke have to do before he leaves the city at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)