|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters are present in the first scene?
2. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She thanks him and accepts.
(c) She asks to have some time to think about it.
(d) She slaps him.
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Burrying her husband.
4. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A messenger.
(c) A priest.
5. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
(a) Her logic.
(b) Her virtue.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) Her shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's crime?
2. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
3. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
5. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
2. What is the Provost doing with Claudio, and why?
3. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
4. What does Isabella say at the end of the first scene she appears in?
5. How is the plan first explained to Mariana, and how does she feel about it?
6. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
7. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
8. What does Isabella think her brother will say about Angelo's proposition to her?
9. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)