Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
(a) The date of Claudio's execution.
(b) The details of Angelo's actions.
(c) His opinion of Angelo's work.
(d) The names and crimes of the criminals.
3. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(c) He will make his wife and child watch.
(d) He will starve him slowly.
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Prince.
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His immoral life.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
2. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
5. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
2. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
3. What does the Duke want to do at the city gate when he returns?
4. How does Escalus describe the Duke in Act 3?
5. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
6. How does the Duke help Claudio prepare for death?
7. What is Claudio arrested for?
8. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
9. What does Lucio do when he hears of Claudio's supposed execution?
10. How is Isabella supposed to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous, and why?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)