|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(a) Replacements for his job.
(b) The laws and punishments.
(c) People waiting to be judged.
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are logical.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are compassionate.
(d) They are aggravating.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In the prison.
(b) In a church.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the courtroom.
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In England.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In a cloister.
5. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Tell others of his proposition.
(b) Tell others of his merciful heart.
(c) Help Claudio escape.
(d) Marry him even though she is below his status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelo not fear for his reputation?
2. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke punish Lucio?
2. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
3. What does Mistress Overdone reveal about Lucio?
4. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Lucio tell Isabella about Claudio's arrest?
6. What news does Pompey bring when he first appears on stage?
7. What does the Duke say is the cause of the moral backsliding in Vienna?
8. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
9. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does the Provost ask Angelo, and why?
10. Why does the Duke choose to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)