|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's crime?
(a) Lying in a court of law.
(b) Insulting the deputy.
(d) Owning a brothel.
2. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her skin.
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 16 years.
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 years.
5. What is Claudio's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
2. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
3. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
4. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does the Provost offer to Pompey?
2. What does Isabella think when she is first told about her brother's arrest?
3. What is the Duke's plan to save Claudio's life and please Mariana?
4. What is Mariana doing when she first appears on stage, and where is she?
5. What arguments are brought against the death of Claudio in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What information does the Duke ask from the Provost?
7. What punishments are given to the men that the Constable brings before Escalus and Angelo?
8. Where does the Duke go in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. How does Claudio react when he hears about Angelo's proposition to Isabella?
10. What does the Duke say to Isabella about Claudio's supposed execution after his disguise is made known?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)