|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(d) The Provost.
2. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
3. What is the name of the executioner?
4. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
(a) There is no change.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) There is always a reason.
(d) It is not surprising.
5. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) Near the prison.
(b) In the court.
(c) In the streets.
(d) At the city gates.
6. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
7. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
(a) Angelo will forgive her when he remembers how lovely she is.
(b) It is not a sin since they are engaged.
(c) She will come to love him soon enough.
(d) Isabella has no feelings for Angelo.
8. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 9:00 am.
9. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) The church.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) Mariana's house.
(d) His court.
10. Who is supposed to accuse Angelo of fornication?
(a) The Duke.
11. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is too heavy.
(d) He is chained to the wall.
12. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
(b) The Provost and Pompey.
(c) Isabella and Mariana.
(d) Escalus and Angelo.
13. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
(a) His friend needs the money for something else.
(b) He did not pay his friend's bail.
(c) He deserves to go to jail.
(d) He never repaid the last bail that was posted.
14. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
(a) She is curious about him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She wants him to suffer.
(d) She still loves him.
15. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
(a) The church.
(b) Her heart.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
2. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
3. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
4. What is Barnardine arrested for?
5. What is done with Ragozine's body?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)