|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
2. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(d) The Duke.
3. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The church.
4. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devotion.
(b) Duke of Dark Corners.
(c) Duke of Devastation.
(d) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
5. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
(a) It is not surprising.
(b) There is no change.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) There is always a reason.
6. Who is supposed to accuse Angelo of fornication?
(a) The Duke.
7. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) In the court.
(b) Near the prison.
(c) In the streets.
(d) At the city gates.
8. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Gives them privacy.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Comforts Isabella.
(d) Hides where he can hear them.
9. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(c) The Provost.
10. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
(a) He is too powerful.
(b) She is too scared.
(c) She is in mourning.
(d) He saw her joining the convent.
11. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He died at war.
(b) He was bucked off a horse.
(c) He was hung for lechery.
(d) He was lost at sea.
12. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 11 years.
13. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
14. How does Ragozine die?
(a) He had the plague.
(b) He committed suicide.
(d) He was stung by a scorpion.
15. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) When night falls.
(b) When the Duke returns to the city.
(c) When he sees Angelo.
(d) As soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
2. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
3. What is done with Ragozine's body?
4. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
5. What action does Angelo regret?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)