|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
(a) Pain and suffering.
(b) Merciful judgment.
(c) A quick death.
(d) A quiet conscience.
2. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
3. Who is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver something to?
(d) The Duke.
4. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 am.
5. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
(b) Friar Peter.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Provost.
6. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(c) Prepared to die.
7. What is Ragozine's crime?
8. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
(a) Friar Thomas.
(b) The Provost.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Friar Peter.
9. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
(c) Duke of Dark Corners.
(d) Duke of Devotion.
10. What action does Angelo regret?
(a) Conferring with Escalus.
(b) Killing Claudio.
(c) Causing a scandal.
(d) Sleeping with Isabella.
11. How does Ragozine die?
(a) He had the plague.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was stung by a scorpion.
12. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is too heavy.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is chained to the wall.
(d) He is already dead.
13. What is the provost told to send Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) The rope used to hang Claudio.
(b) Claudio's ring.
(c) Claudio's head.
(d) The Axe used to behead Claudio.
14. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Provost.
15. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Comforts Isabella.
(c) Hides where he can hear them.
(d) Gives them privacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
2. Who is supposed to accuse Angelo of fornication?
3. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
4. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
5. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)