|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
2. What is Barnardine arrested for?
3. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A pardon for Claudio.
(b) A summons to court.
(c) News from the Duke.
(d) A replacement.
4. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) The next week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) That night.
(d) Tomorrow afternoon.
5. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Comforts Isabella.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Hides where he can hear them.
(d) Gives them privacy.
6. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. How does Ragozine die?
(a) He was stung by a scorpion.
(b) He had the plague.
(c) He committed suicide.
8. What is Ragozine's crime?
9. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
11. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 9:00 am.
(d) 9:00 pm.
12. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
13. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is chained to the wall.
(c) He is too heavy.
(d) He is already dead.
14. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) At the city gates.
(b) In the court.
(c) Near the prison.
(d) In the streets.
15. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Provost.
(c) Friar Peter.
(d) Friar Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
2. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
3. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
4. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
5. What is the name of the executioner?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)