|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver something to?
(c) The Duke.
2. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(d) Prepared to die.
3. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
4. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
(a) It is not a sin since they are engaged.
(b) Isabella has no feelings for Angelo.
(c) She will come to love him soon enough.
(d) Angelo will forgive her when he remembers how lovely she is.
5. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
6. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
7. Who is the first woman the Duke sees at the beginning of Act 4?
8. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He was lost at sea.
(b) He was hung for lechery.
(c) He was bucked off a horse.
(d) He died at war.
9. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(c) Power seekers.
(d) All men.
10. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 9:00 am.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 8:00 am.
(d) 8:00 pm.
11. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Provost.
12. What is Ragozine's crime?
13. Who arranges a rendezvous with Angelo at the beginning of Act 4?
(c) The Duke.
14. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
(a) He never repaid the last bail that was posted.
(b) His friend needs the money for something else.
(c) He did not pay his friend's bail.
(d) He deserves to go to jail.
15. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The prison.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
2. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
3. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
4. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
5. What is done with Ragozine's body?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)