|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is chained to the wall.
(d) He is too heavy.
3. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
(a) It is not a sin since they are engaged.
(b) Angelo will forgive her when he remembers how lovely she is.
(c) Isabella has no feelings for Angelo.
(d) She will come to love him soon enough.
4. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) The next morning.
(b) The next week.
(c) That night.
(d) Tomorrow afternoon.
5. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
(c) Duke of Devotion.
(d) Duke of Dark Corners.
6. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 4:00 am.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 7:00 pm.
7. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
(b) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(c) Tell him about the kind Friar.
(d) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
8. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
9. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Mariana's house.
(b) The church.
(c) His court.
(d) The nunnery.
10. Who is supposed to accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
11. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
(a) She is curious about him.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) She wants him to suffer.
(d) She hates him.
12. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(b) Let him see his son before he dies.
(c) Apologize to Isabella for him.
(d) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
13. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
(b) The Duke.
14. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
(a) Escalus will accuse her of treachery.
(b) Angelo will be angry.
(c) She will not be believed.
(d) He may not take her side at first.
15. What is the first woman doing that the Duke sees in Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke sees at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
3. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
4. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
5. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)