|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
(a) The Provost.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Friar Peter.
2. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He is too drunk.
(c) He has not spoken with a priest.
(d) He has not eaten.
3. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He was bucked off a horse.
(b) He was hung for lechery.
(c) He died at war.
(d) He was lost at sea.
4. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
(a) He did not pay his friend's bail.
(b) His friend needs the money for something else.
(c) He never repaid the last bail that was posted.
(d) He deserves to go to jail.
5. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) In the court.
(b) Near the prison.
(c) At the city gates.
(d) In the streets.
6. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's safety.
(b) The Duke's sanity.
(c) The Duke's judgment.
(d) The Duke's reputation.
7. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(a) The Provost.
8. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(a) The Duke's.
9. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The church.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The prison.
(d) The monastery.
10. Who arranges a rendezvous with Angelo at the beginning of Act 4?
(c) The Duke.
11. Who will explain the plan to Angelo's fiancee?
(b) The Duke.
12. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
13. What is the first woman doing that the Duke sees in Act 4?
14. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(c) All men.
(d) Power seekers.
15. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
2. What action does Angelo regret?
3. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
4. Who is the first woman the Duke sees at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)