|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver something to?
(a) The Duke.
2. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
(a) The Provost.
(c) Friar Peter.
(d) The Pope.
3. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) When night falls.
(c) When he sees Angelo.
(d) When the Duke returns to the city.
4. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
(a) Friar Thomas.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Provost.
(d) Friar Peter.
5. How does Ragozine die?
(a) He had the plague.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was stung by a scorpion.
6. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
7. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) Tomorrow afternoon.
(b) The next morning.
(c) That night.
(d) The next week.
8. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) News from the Duke.
(b) A pardon for Claudio.
(c) A replacement.
(d) A summons to court.
9. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
10. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
(a) Curse him to hell.
(b) Castrate him.
(c) Spread rumors about him.
(d) Pluck his eyes out.
11. What is the name of the executioner?
12. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(b) Prepared to die.
13. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
14. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
15. What is Barnardine arrested for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke sees at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
3. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
4. What is Ragozine's crime?
5. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)