|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
(a) His crown.
(c) Some chairs.
2. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
3. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A pardon for Claudio.
(b) News from the Duke.
(c) A summons to court.
(d) A replacement.
4. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Friar Thomas.
(c) Friar Peter.
(d) The Provost.
5. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(b) The Duke's.
6. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
7. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a wooden gate.
(c) Through the front doors.
(d) Through the servant's entrance.
8. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(b) He lost interest in her.
(c) Her dowry was lost.
(d) She was not virtuous.
9. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Let him see his son before he dies.
(b) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(c) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
(d) Apologize to Isabella for him.
10. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's safety.
(b) The Duke's reputation.
(c) The Duke's judgment.
(d) The Duke's sanity.
11. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The prison.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The church.
12. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
(a) Her father.
(b) A priest.
(c) The Duke.
13. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
(b) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(c) She does not want to sin.
(d) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
14. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(a) Power seekers.
(b) All men.
15. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 11 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
2. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
3. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
4. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
5. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)