|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
2. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He has not eaten.
(c) He has not spoken with a priest.
(d) He is innocent.
3. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Apologize to Isabella for him.
(b) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(c) Let him see his son before he dies.
(d) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
4. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He died at war.
(b) He was hung for lechery.
(c) He was bucked off a horse.
(d) He was lost at sea.
5. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
(b) She does not want to sin.
(c) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(d) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
6. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The prison.
(c) The church.
(d) The nunnery.
7. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) That night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) Tomorrow afternoon.
(d) The next week.
8. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devotion.
(b) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
(c) Duke of Dark Corners.
(d) Duke of Devastation.
9. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
(a) He tried to stop it.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is sorry.
(d) He got what he deserved.
10. What is the name of the executioner?
11. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) When he sees Angelo.
(b) When the Duke returns to the city.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) When night falls.
12. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(b) Tell him about the kind Friar.
(c) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
(d) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
13. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(c) The Provost.
14. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Isabella and Mariana.
(b) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
(c) The Provost and Pompey.
(d) Escalus and Angelo.
15. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
2. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
3. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
4. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
5. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)