|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(b) Power seekers.
(d) All men.
2. Who arranges a rendezvous with Angelo at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) The Duke.
3. What is the provost told to send Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) The rope used to hang Claudio.
(b) Claudio's head.
(c) The Axe used to behead Claudio.
(d) Claudio's ring.
4. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
(b) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(c) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(d) She does not want to sin.
5. What action does Angelo regret?
(a) Conferring with Escalus.
(b) Causing a scandal.
(c) Killing Claudio.
(d) Sleeping with Isabella.
6. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
(a) Escalus will accuse her of treachery.
(b) He may not take her side at first.
(c) Angelo will be angry.
(d) She will not be believed.
7. Who is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver something to?
(b) The Duke.
8. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
(b) Her father.
(c) The Duke.
(d) A priest.
9. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
(b) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(c) Let him see his son before he dies.
(d) Apologize to Isabella for him.
10. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
11. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
(a) He got what he deserved.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He tried to stop it.
(d) He is sorry.
12. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) At the city gates.
(b) In the streets.
(c) Near the prison.
(d) In the court.
13. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(a) The Duke's.
14. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
(a) The Provost.
(b) Friar Peter.
(d) The Pope.
15. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) Tomorrow afternoon.
(b) The next morning.
(c) The next week.
(d) That night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
2. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
3. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
4. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
5. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)