|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(b) Defiling a church.
(d) Insulting a group of women.
2. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
3. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
(a) He is too powerful.
(b) He saw her joining the convent.
(c) She is in mourning.
(d) She is too scared.
4. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 9 years.
5. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
6. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the court.
(c) At the city gates.
(d) Near the prison.
7. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Dark Corners.
(c) Duke of Devotion.
(d) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
8. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
(a) It is not surprising.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) There is always a reason.
(d) There is no change.
9. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
(a) The next week.
(b) Tomorrow afternoon.
(c) That night.
(d) The next morning.
10. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A pardon for Claudio.
(b) News from the Duke.
(c) A summons to court.
(d) A replacement.
11. Who is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver something to?
(a) The Duke.
12. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
13. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
14. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) When the Duke returns to the city.
(b) When night falls.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) When he sees Angelo.
15. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
2. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
3. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
4. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
5. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)