|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
2. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
(b) Apologize to Isabella for him.
(c) Let him see his son before he dies.
(d) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
3. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Provost.
4. What is the provost told to send Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) The Axe used to behead Claudio.
(b) Claudio's head.
(c) The rope used to hang Claudio.
(d) Claudio's ring.
5. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is too heavy.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is chained to the wall.
6. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
(a) Curse him to hell.
(b) Spread rumors about him.
(c) Pluck his eyes out.
(d) Castrate him.
7. Why does Angelo think the person he wronged will not speak out against him?
(a) She is in mourning.
(b) She is too scared.
(c) He saw her joining the convent.
(d) He is too powerful.
8. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Provost.
9. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) She was not virtuous.
(b) Her dowry was lost.
(c) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(d) He lost interest in her.
10. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 am.
(c) 9:00 am.
(d) 8:00 pm.
11. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
12. Who is supposed to accuse Angelo of fornication?
(c) The Duke.
13. What is the name of the executioner?
14. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Gives them privacy.
(b) Comforts Isabella.
(c) Hides where he can hear them.
(d) Prays with them.
15. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ragozine's crime?
2. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
3. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
4. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
5. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)