|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. What is Ragozine's crime?
3. Who will explain the plan to Angelo's fiancee?
(c) The Duke.
4. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Friar Peter.
(c) The Provost.
5. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
6. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
(a) She wants him to suffer.
(b) She is curious about him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She still loves him.
7. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Devotion.
(c) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
(d) Duke of Dark Corners.
8. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(a) The Duke's.
9. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He was hung for lechery.
(b) He was bucked off a horse.
(c) He was lost at sea.
(d) He died at war.
10. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
11. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
12. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(c) All men.
(d) Power seekers.
13. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
14. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Provost.
(c) Friar Peter.
(d) Friar Thomas.
15. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Escalus and Angelo.
(b) The Provost and Pompey.
(c) Isabella and Mariana.
(d) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
2. When will the rendezvous with Angelo take place?
3. How long does the Duke order Claudio's execution to be delayed for?
4. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
5. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)