|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the provost told to send Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) Claudio's head.
(b) The Axe used to behead Claudio.
(c) The rope used to hang Claudio.
(d) Claudio's ring.
2. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
3. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) His court.
(c) Mariana's house.
(d) The church.
4. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) When night falls.
(b) When he sees Angelo.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) When the Duke returns to the city.
5. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
(c) The Duke.
6. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
7. What does the Duke warn Isabella of when Angelo is accused?
(a) Angelo will be angry.
(b) He may not take her side at first.
(c) Escalus will accuse her of treachery.
(d) She will not be believed.
8. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Dark Corners.
(c) Duke of Devotion.
(d) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
9. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) Her dowry was lost.
(b) He lost interest in her.
(c) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(d) She was not virtuous.
10. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's reputation.
(b) The Duke's sanity.
(c) The Duke's safety.
(d) The Duke's judgment.
11. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He has not spoken with a priest.
(c) He has not eaten.
(d) He is innocent.
12. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Comforts Isabella.
(b) Hides where he can hear them.
(c) Gives them privacy.
(d) Prays with them.
13. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) In the streets.
(b) At the city gates.
(c) In the court.
(d) Near the prison.
14. Who arranges a rendezvous with Angelo at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) The Duke.
15. What action does Angelo regret?
(a) Killing Claudio.
(b) Causing a scandal.
(c) Sleeping with Isabella.
(d) Conferring with Escalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
2. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
3. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
4. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
5. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)