|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
(a) Merciful judgment.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) A quick death.
(d) A quiet conscience.
2. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
3. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) The church.
(c) Mariana's house.
(d) His court.
4. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
(a) Her heart.
(b) The Duke.
(d) The church.
6. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
7. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(a) Prepared to die.
8. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
(b) The servants.
(d) The Duke.
9. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(c) The Duke's.
10. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is chained to the wall.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is too heavy.
11. How does Ragozine die?
(a) He was stung by a scorpion.
(b) He committed suicide.
(d) He had the plague.
12. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
(a) Angelo will forgive her when he remembers how lovely she is.
(b) She will come to love him soon enough.
(c) Isabella has no feelings for Angelo.
(d) It is not a sin since they are engaged.
13. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(b) All men.
(d) Power seekers.
14. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A pardon for Claudio.
(b) A summons to court.
(c) News from the Duke.
(d) A replacement.
15. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 9:00 pm.
(d) 8:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
2. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
3. Who is the only person who knows that the Duke is in disguise?
4. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
5. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)