|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Angelo know he has wronged while the Duke is gone?
2. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 9 years.
3. Who does the Duke speak to at the end of Act 4?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Friar Peter.
(c) Friar Thomas.
(d) The Provost.
4. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
5. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is chained to the wall.
(b) He is too heavy.
(c) He is already dead.
(d) He is sleeping.
6. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
(b) Tell him about the kind Friar.
(c) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(d) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
7. What action does Angelo regret?
(a) Conferring with Escalus.
(b) Sleeping with Isabella.
(c) Killing Claudio.
(d) Causing a scandal.
8. What is the name of the executioner?
9. What is the occupation of Angelo's fiancee's brother?
10. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The church.
(d) The Duke.
11. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
12. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(b) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
(c) She does not want to sin.
(d) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
13. What is Ragozine's crime?
14. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
(b) The Duke.
15. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
(d) Prepared to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
2. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
3. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
4. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
5. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)