|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
(a) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
2. What is the name of the executioner?
3. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
(a) Drink heavily.
(b) Applaud bawds.
(c) Cheat on his wife.
(d) Enter whorehouses.
4. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
5. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
(b) Friar Peter.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
6. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(b) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
(c) Tell him about the kind Friar.
(d) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
7. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
8. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
9. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Provost.
10. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
(a) 7:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
11. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
12. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Escalus and Angelo.
(b) Isabella and Mariana.
(c) The Provost and Pompey.
(d) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
13. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(a) Defiling a church.
(c) Insulting a group of women.
14. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(b) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(c) She does not want to sin.
(d) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
15. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) His court.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) Mariana's house.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
2. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
3. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
4. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
5. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)