|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is chained to the wall.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is too heavy.
2. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
(a) The Duke's reputation.
(b) The Duke's safety.
(c) The Duke's sanity.
(d) The Duke's judgment.
3. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(a) Defiling a church.
(b) Insulting a group of women.
4. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Comforts Isabella.
(b) Gives them privacy.
(c) Hides where he can hear them.
(d) Prays with them.
5. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
6. Who does Isabella think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
7. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) News from the Duke.
(b) A pardon for Claudio.
(c) A summons to court.
(d) A replacement.
8. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 12 years.
9. What does the Duke give to the person who knows his disguise at the end of Act 4?
10. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
(a) His crown.
(b) Some chairs.
11. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
12. Who escorts Mariana to the city gate?
(a) The Provost.
(b) Friar Peter.
(d) The Duke.
13. Who will explain the plan to Angelo's fiancee?
(d) The Duke.
14. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The prison.
(d) The church.
15. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 5:00 am.
(c) 7:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke say makes the sweetest end?
2. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
3. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
5. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)