|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is deeply shocked.
(b) He feels deep compassion.
(c) He is happy to hear it.
(d) He is not surprised.
2. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) More money.
(c) Direction and goals.
(d) Some assistants.
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
(c) Her wedding.
(d) A ruined reputation.
4. What is Pompey's occupation?
5. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His lust.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His temptations.
(d) His anger.
6. What is the Duke disguised as?
(a) A priest.
(b) A jailer.
(c) A Friar.
(d) A prisoner.
7. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His immoral life.
(d) His mother.
8. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) Her father.
(b) A priest.
(c) A groundskeeper.
(d) A nun.
9. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The poor house.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The friary.
10. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
(a) She thanks him and accepts.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She asks to have some time to think about it.
11. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) The Duke.
12. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
13. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A friar.
14. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
15. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are aggravating.
(c) They are logical.
(d) They are compassionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juliet's crime?
2. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
4. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
5. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)