|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Burrying her husband.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Getting married.
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She can't believe it.
(d) She feels justice has been served.
3. What is Claudio's sister's name?
4. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(b) People waiting to be judged.
(c) Replacements for his job.
(d) The laws and punishments.
5. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
6. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her skin.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her voice.
7. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His temptations.
(c) His lust.
(d) His anger.
8. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) Direction and goals.
(b) To prove his worth.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) More money.
9. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She asks to have some time to think about it.
(c) She thanks him and accepts.
(d) She refuses.
10. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 16 years.
11. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(b) Drawn and Quartered.
(c) Life in prison.
12. What position does Escalus hold?
13. Where does this play take place?
14. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(c) A priest.
(d) A messenger.
15. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are aggravating.
(b) They are compassionate.
(c) They are logical.
(d) They are foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
2. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
5. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)