|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His mother.
(b) His immoral life.
2. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The nun.
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of grace and honor.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of pride and anger.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
4. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Deputy.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Commissioner.
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A friar.
(b) A servant.
(c) A woman.
(d) A lawyer.
6. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He is going away.
(b) He wants less responsibilities.
(c) The city is growing.
(d) The old one died.
7. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will drive him mad.
(b) It will harden him.
(c) It will make him less faithful
(d) It will weaken him.
8. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) He will regret it.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will have changed nothing.
(d) He will feel too confident.
9. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 12 years.
10. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
(a) Take him out of the country.
(b) Give up her body.
(c) Take his place.
(d) Marry Angelo.
11. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Tell others of his merciful heart.
(b) Help Claudio escape.
(c) Marry him even though she is below his status.
(d) Tell others of his proposition.
12. What is the Duke disguised as?
(a) A Friar.
(b) A priest.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A jailer.
13. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) The nun.
(c) Mistress Overdone.
14. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She can't believe it.
(b) She feels justice has been served.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is angry.
15. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His anger.
(b) His lust.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His temptations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
2. What is Pompey accused of?
3. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
4. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
5. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)