|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Stealing some jewels.
(c) Speaking out against the Duke.
(d) Insulting a woman.
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Venerial diseases.
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A free and lively life.
(b) A strict and pious life.
(c) A serious and rigid life.
(d) A happy and content life.
6. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are logical.
(b) They are compassionate.
(c) They are aggravating.
(d) They are foolish.
7. How many characters are present in the first scene?
8. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
(a) She thinks he is a friar.
(b) She recognizes him.
(c) She hopes he can help.
(d) She has spoken to nobody in days.
9. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
10. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) He will have changed nothing.
(b) He will regret it.
(c) He will feel too confident.
(d) He will be fired.
11. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(b) Human appetites.
(c) Trying to be popular.
(d) Breaking the law.
12. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) A groundskeeper.
(d) A nun.
13. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She does not want to die.
(b) She has repented.
(c) She hates Angelo.
(d) She is pregnant.
14. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Drawn and Quartered.
15. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
(a) The Pope.
(d) The Provost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
2. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)