|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her hands.
2. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(b) God alone.
(c) Only himself.
(d) His unborn child.
3. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(b) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
(c) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(d) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
4. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
(a) Her virtue.
(b) Her logic.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) Her confidence.
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a debaucher.
(b) As a weakling.
(c) As a faithless man.
(d) As a tyrant.
6. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She does not want to die.
(c) She has repented.
(d) She hates Angelo.
7. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Keep the peace.
(b) Enforce the laws.
(c) Fill the jails.
(d) Increase purity.
8. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A serious and rigid life.
(b) A free and lively life.
(c) A strict and pious life.
(d) A happy and content life.
9. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Tell others of his proposition.
(b) Marry him even though she is below his status.
(c) Help Claudio escape.
(d) Tell others of his merciful heart.
10. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(b) Life in prison.
(d) Drawn and Quartered.
11. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Burrying her husband.
12. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A groundskeeper.
(b) Her father.
(c) A priest.
(d) A nun.
13. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
14. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Provost.
15. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) The nun.
(d) Mistress Overdone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
2. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
5. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)