|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Stealing bread.
(b) Gambling on Sunday.
(c) Impregnating his fiancee.
(d) Hitting a priest.
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her soul.
4. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(b) The Duke.
(d) The nun.
5. What does Isabella hate about her brother?
(a) The confidence he has.
(b) The crime he committed.
(c) His lack of faith.
(d) His despair.
6. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) He will regret it.
(b) He will feel too confident.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He will have changed nothing.
7. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(c) Brothel Owner.
8. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His mother.
(d) His immoral life.
9. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Burrying her husband.
10. What is Juliet's crime?
(a) Insulting the deputy.
(c) Lying in a court of law.
(d) Owning a brothel.
11. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) After her brother's execution.
(b) On Sunday.
(c) The next day.
(d) When the Duke returns.
12. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a debaucher.
(b) As a tyrant.
(c) As a weakling.
(d) As a faithless man.
13. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 12 years.
14. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) He will starve him slowly.
(b) He will make his wife and child watch.
(c) Long and painful.
15. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Have him whipped.
(b) Fine him heavily.
(c) Throw him in prison.
(d) Tell his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
3. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
5. What is the Duke disguised as?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)