Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
(a) The date of Claudio's execution.
(b) The details of Angelo's actions.
(c) His opinion of Angelo's work.
(d) The names and crimes of the criminals.
3. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(c) He will make his wife and child watch.
(d) He will starve him slowly.
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Prince.
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His immoral life.
(d) His mother.
6. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
(b) The Provost.
(d) The Pope.
7. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
(a) He has been away for a long time.
(b) He needs to minister to the prisoners.
(c) He wants to bless Angelo.
(d) He is a close friend of Claudio's.
8. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The King.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Deputy.
9. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
10. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 16 years.
11. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of mercy and justice.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of grace and honor.
(d) Full of pride and anger.
12. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The poor house.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The friary.
13. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a tyrant.
(b) As a debaucher.
(c) As a faithless man.
(d) As a weakling.
14. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Burrying her husband.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Having a baby.
15. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(a) Only himself.
(b) His unborn child.
(c) God alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
2. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
4. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
5. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)