|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Venerial diseases.
2. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
3. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 10 months.
4. What is the Constable's name?
5. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her faith.
6. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Speaking out against the Duke.
(b) Insulting a woman.
(c) Stealing some jewels.
(d) Beating his wife.
7. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A bully.
(c) A lord.
(d) A punisher.
8. Why does Angelo not fear for his reputation?
(a) He feels reputations are needless.
(b) It is spotless thus far.
(c) His actions will speak for themselves.
(d) He already has a bad reputation.
9. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) Her father.
(b) A nun.
(c) A groundskeeper.
(d) A priest.
10. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Exactly what he got.
(c) A chance to plead his case.
(d) A meeting with his new son.
11. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her voice.
12. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Selling illegal alcohol.
(c) Stealing a horse.
(d) Being a bawd.
13. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
(b) The Provost.
(d) The Pope.
14. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Gambling on Sunday.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Hitting a priest.
(d) Stealing bread.
15. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(b) She is being arrested as well.
(c) She is in labor.
(d) Her father is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke disguised as?
2. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
3. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
5. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)