|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juliet's crime?
(a) Lying in a court of law.
(c) Insulting the deputy.
(d) Owning a brothel.
2. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(a) The laws and punishments.
(b) People waiting to be judged.
(c) Replacements for his job.
3. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
4. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Exactly what he got.
(b) A chance to plead his case.
(d) A meeting with his new son.
5. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
6. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The nun.
(d) Mistress Overdone.
7. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(d) The Duke.
8. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of grace and honor.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of mercy and justice.
(d) Full of pride and anger.
9. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(a) A messenger.
(d) A priest.
10. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A friar.
(d) A lawyer.
11. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is the best place on earth.
(b) He has no strong feelings either way.
(c) It is too big for its boundaries.
(d) It has become corrupt.
12. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
(a) The Provost.
(d) The Pope.
13. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(b) 50 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. What is the Duke disguised as?
(a) A Friar.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A priest.
(d) A jailer.
15. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) The Duke.
(c) A justice.
(d) The deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
2. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
3. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
4. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)