|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Help Claudio escape.
(b) Marry him even though she is below his status.
(c) Tell others of his proposition.
(d) Tell others of his merciful heart.
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Provost.
(c) The deputy.
(d) The jailer.
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Impregnating his fiancee.
(b) Hitting a priest.
(c) Gambling on Sunday.
(d) Stealing bread.
4. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
5. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Have him whipped.
(b) Fine him heavily.
(c) Tell his wife.
(d) Throw him in prison.
6. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She feels justice has been served.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She can't believe it.
7. Where does this play take place?
8. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) More money.
(b) Some assistants.
(c) Direction and goals.
(d) To prove his worth.
9. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(b) People waiting to be judged.
(c) Replacements for his job.
(d) The laws and punishments.
10. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is too big for its boundaries.
(b) It is the best place on earth.
(c) It has become corrupt.
(d) He has no strong feelings either way.
11. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a church.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the prison.
(d) In the courtroom.
12. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of gratitude and love.
(b) Full of pride and anger.
(c) Full of grace and honor.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
13. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
14. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Visit him.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Try to help him.
(d) Bless him.
15. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She does not want to die.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has repented.
(d) She hates Angelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
2. How many characters are present in the first scene?
3. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
4. What is the Constable's name?
5. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)