|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 16 years.
2. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) The city is unbearable.
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Hitting a priest.
(b) Stealing bread.
(c) Gambling on Sunday.
(d) Impregnating his fiancee.
4. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(b) He will starve him slowly.
(c) He will make his wife and child watch.
5. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Stealing a horse.
(c) Being a bawd.
(d) Selling illegal alcohol.
6. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
7. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 10 years.
8. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of duty.
(b) A man of action.
(c) A man of solace.
(d) A man of abstinence.
9. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
10. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They fear them.
(b) They have forgotten them.
(c) They don't know them.
(d) They laugh at them.
11. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In the prison.
(b) In the courtroom.
(c) In a church.
(d) On the street.
12. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
13. Why does Angelo not fear for his reputation?
(a) He already has a bad reputation.
(b) His actions will speak for themselves.
(c) He feels reputations are needless.
(d) It is spotless thus far.
14. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) The law.
(d) His heart.
15. How many characters are present in the first scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
2. Who does the Duke plan to speak with when he leaves the scene after talking to the woman?
3. What is Pompey's occupation?
4. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)