|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Hitting a priest.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Stealing bread.
(d) Gambling on Sunday.
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She feels justice has been served.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She can't believe it.
3. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(a) Only himself.
(c) God alone.
(d) His unborn child.
4. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is happy to hear it.
(b) He feels deep compassion.
(c) He is deeply shocked.
(d) He is not surprised.
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They fear them.
(b) They don't know them.
(c) They have forgotten them.
(d) They laugh at them.
6. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(b) Replacements for his job.
(c) People waiting to be judged.
(d) The laws and punishments.
7. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The brothels are being shut down.
(b) Claudio has been arrested.
(c) The taxes are all due.
(d) A town meeting has been called.
8. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) She is being arrested as well.
9. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(a) The Duke.
11. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her skin.
12. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Prince.
13. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
(a) The details of Angelo's actions.
(b) His opinion of Angelo's work.
(c) The date of Claudio's execution.
(d) The names and crimes of the criminals.
14. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His lust.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His temptations.
(d) His anger.
15. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(a) Drawn and Quartered.
(c) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
2. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
3. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
4. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)