Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What does the Duke have to do before he leaves the city at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the Duke say about his city at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Escalus say about the Duke's idea to appoint Angelo as the new deputy?
4. What does Angelo say when he is first called to be the new deputy?
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 2
5. What are Lucio and his friends talking about when they first appear on...
This section contains 866 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)