Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
He is going away.
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
It has become corrupt.
5. What position does Escalus hold?
6. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
Full of grace and honor.
7. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
To prove his worth.
8. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
He is in a hurry.
9. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
Enforce the laws.
10. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
11. How many...
This section contains 2,281 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)