Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
5. What position does Escalus hold?
6. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
7. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
8. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
9. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
10. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
This section contains 2,068 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)