|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Apologize to Isabella for him.
(b) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(c) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
(d) Let him see his son before he dies.
2. How does the Duke hope Angelo's fiancee will feel after the plan is enacted?
3. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Tell his wife.
(b) Throw him in prison.
(c) Fine him heavily.
(d) Have him whipped.
4. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(b) Her father is ill.
(c) She is in labor.
(d) She is being arrested as well.
5. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Get opinions from the people.
(c) Help enforce the laws.
(d) Observe Angelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Pompey compare prostitutes to?
3. Who shows the woman how to enter Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
4. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)