|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
(b) The Duke.
2. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His lust.
(b) His temptations.
(c) His anger.
(d) His compassion.
3. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
4. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
5. What does the Duke want brought to the gate when he returns to the city?
(b) His crown.
(d) Some chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
2. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
3. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. Where does this play take place?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)