|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) The Duke.
2. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
(a) All men.
(d) Power seekers.
3. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
4. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Observe Angelo.
(d) Get opinions from the people.
5. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Hitting a priest.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Stealing bread.
(d) Gambling on Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mariana think should accuse Angelo of fornication?
2. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
3. How does Ragozine die?
4. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
5. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)