|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the executioner?
2. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(d) The Provost.
3. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The old one died.
(b) The city is growing.
(c) He is going away.
(d) He wants less responsibilities.
4. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
(a) Convince Isabella to accept the proposal.
(b) Giver Juliet a lock of his hair.
(c) Let him see his son before he dies.
(d) Apologize to Isabella for him.
5. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
(a) She has spoken to nobody in days.
(b) She recognizes him.
(c) She thinks he is a friar.
(d) She hopes he can help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
2. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
5. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)