|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the person who knows the Duke's disguise supposed to deliver what the Duke gave to him?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) When the Duke returns to the city.
(c) When night falls.
(d) When he sees Angelo.
2. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A meeting with his new son.
(b) Exactly what he got.
(c) A chance to plead his case.
3. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) The city is unbearable.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) Laws must be enforced.
4. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her emotions.
5. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Keep the peace.
(b) Enforce the laws.
(c) Increase purity.
(d) Fill the jails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
3. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
4. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
5. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)