|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
(a) Her heart.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The church.
2. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Stealing bread.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Hitting a priest.
(d) Gambling on Sunday.
3. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His anger.
(c) His temptations.
(d) His lust.
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will drive him mad.
(b) It will harden him.
(c) It will make him less faithful
(d) It will weaken him.
5. What word does Lucio use to describe Angelo in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
4. What is the provost told to send Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)