|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) He lost interest in her.
(b) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(c) Her dowry was lost.
(d) She was not virtuous.
2. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) After her brother's execution.
(b) The next day.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) When the Duke returns.
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(c) Drawn and Quartered.
(d) Life in prison.
4. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(a) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
5. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
(a) Her father.
(c) The Duke.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals the Duke's disguise at the city gate?
2. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
3. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. What are the men reading letters from the Duke worried about?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)