|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Isabella and Mariana.
(b) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
(c) The Provost and Pompey.
(d) Escalus and Angelo.
2. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The King.
(b) The Deputy.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Pope.
3. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A priest.
(b) A nun.
(c) A groundskeeper.
(d) Her father.
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The poor house.
(c) The friary.
(d) The bell tower.
5. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) He will have changed nothing.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He will feel too confident.
(d) He will regret it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
2. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
3. What does Lucio ask the Duke about in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
5. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)