|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is sorry.
(c) He tried to stop it.
(d) He got what he deserved.
2. What is the Constable's name?
3. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
(a) Isabella has no feelings for Angelo.
(b) It is not a sin since they are engaged.
(c) She will come to love him soon enough.
(d) Angelo will forgive her when he remembers how lovely she is.
4. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a faithless man.
(b) As a tyrant.
(c) As a debaucher.
(d) As a weakling.
5. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) There is no change.
(c) There is always a reason.
(d) It is not surprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
2. What is the occupation of Angelo's fiancee's brother?
3. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
4. Who is the first woman the Duke sees at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)