|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are aggravating.
(d) They are logical.
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In England.
(b) In a cloister.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) At the palace.
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of pride and anger.
(b) Full of grace and honor.
(c) Full of mercy and justice.
(d) Full of gratitude and love.
4. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Duke.
(b) A justice.
(c) A monk.
(d) The deputy.
5. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Duke of Devastation.
(b) Duke of Dark Corners.
(c) Duke of Devotion.
(d) Duke of Dreaded Innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
2. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
3. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
4. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)