|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the disguised Duke give for asking the provost for some information?
(a) He is a close friend of Claudio's.
(b) He has been away for a long time.
(c) He needs to minister to the prisoners.
(d) He wants to bless Angelo.
2. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Provost.
3. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 12 years.
4. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
(a) She thanks him and accepts.
(b) She asks to have some time to think about it.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She slaps him.
5. What is the occupation of Angelo's fiancee's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
2. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
3. What is the name of the executioner?
4. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
5. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)