|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Throw him in prison.
(b) Have him whipped.
(c) Fine him heavily.
(d) Tell his wife.
2. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) The city is unbearable.
(b) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(c) Laws must be enforced.
(d) Fear is the best motivator.
3. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A friar.
(b) A woman.
(c) A servant.
(d) A lawyer.
4. How will the woman get into Angelo's house for the rendezvous?
(a) Through a wooden gate.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the servant's entrance.
(d) Through the front doors.
5. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Exactly what he got.
(b) A meeting with his new son.
(c) A chance to plead his case.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
4. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
5. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)