|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Barnardine been a prisoner?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 9 years.
2. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) At a convent.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) In her brother's house.
(d) In church.
3. What is Claudio's sister's name?
4. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) If she gave him enough time.
(b) If he has changed his mind.
(c) If she can take her brother's place.
(d) If there is anything she can do to change his mind.
5. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(b) He will starve him slowly.
(c) He will make his wife and child watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
3. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
5. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)