|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(b) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(c) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
(d) She does not want to sin.
2. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Fear is the best motivator.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
3. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
4. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is being arrested as well.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(d) Her father is ill.
5. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Visit him.
(d) Try to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
2. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
5. What is the name of the executioner?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)