|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(b) He does not have that power.
(c) He needs proof of worth first.
(d) He is in a hurry.
2. What does Isabella hate about her brother?
(a) The crime he committed.
(b) His despair.
(c) The confidence he has.
(d) His lack of faith.
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) A ruined reputation.
4. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) If she gave him enough time.
(b) If he has changed his mind.
(c) If she can take her brother's place.
(d) If there is anything she can do to change his mind.
5. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
2. What does the Duke tell Angelo's fiancee to calm her fears about the plan?
3. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
4. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)