|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke feel about what the woman tells him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is deeply shocked.
(b) He is happy to hear it.
(c) He feels deep compassion.
(d) He is not surprised.
2. What time is Barnardine supposed to be executed?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 8:00 pm.
(c) 9:00 am.
(d) 9:00 pm.
3. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(c) The nun.
(d) The Duke.
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 weeks.
5. What does Lucio tell the disguised Duke that he has seen the Duke do?
(a) Applaud bawds.
(b) Cheat on his wife.
(c) Drink heavily.
(d) Enter whorehouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
2. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
4. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
5. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)