|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(b) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(c) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(d) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
2. Who offers Pompey a position in the prison?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The executioner.
(d) The provost.
3. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
(a) The nun.
(d) The Duke.
4. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
5. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
4. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
5. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)