|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Mistress Overdone.
(b) The nun.
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has an important meeting.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He is not leaving the city.
3. What time is Claudio supposed to be killed?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 7:00 pm.
4. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) At a convent.
(b) In her brother's house.
(c) At a graveyard.
(d) In church.
5. What is the name of the woman who is engaged to Angelo?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
2. What does the disguised Duke tell Escalus is lacking in people?
3. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)