|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(b) He needs proof of worth first.
(c) He does not have that power.
(d) He is in a hurry.
2. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A woman.
(c) A friar.
(d) A servant.
3. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 20 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. Who does Angelo's fiancee ask for permission to be a part of the plan?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Duke.
5. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The poor house.
(d) The friary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
3. Who does the Duke order to be executed in Claudio's place?
4. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
5. What is the first woman doing that the Duke sees in Act 4?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)