|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) He will starve him slowly.
(b) He will make his wife and child watch.
(c) Long and painful.
2. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Her father is ill.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(d) She is being arrested as well.
3. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
(a) He will have changed nothing.
(b) He will feel too confident.
(c) He will regret it.
(d) He will be fired.
4. What does Angelo tell Isabella he feels for her?
5. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
(a) Take his place.
(b) Take him out of the country.
(c) Marry Angelo.
(d) Give up her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
3. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
4. What is Claudio's sister's name?
5. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)