|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
2. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Being a bawd.
(b) Selling illegal alcohol.
(c) Stealing a horse.
(d) Beating his wife.
3. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) When the Duke returns.
(b) After her brother's execution.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) The next day.
4. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He needs proof of worth first.
(c) He does not have that power.
(d) He has no doubts about his abilities.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a church.
(b) In the courtroom.
(c) In the prison.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
3. What does Isabella feel the need to prepare Claudio for after her second meeting with Angelo?
4. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)