|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is being arrested as well.
(b) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) She is in labor.
2. Where does this play take place?
3. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Provost.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The deputy.
4. What does Isabella hate about her brother?
(a) The crime he committed.
(b) His lack of faith.
(c) His despair.
(d) The confidence he has.
5. Why is the woman so frank when speaking to the Duke?
(a) She hopes he can help.
(b) She thinks he is a friar.
(c) She has spoken to nobody in days.
(d) She recognizes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
2. What has Claudio been arrested for?
3. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
5. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)