|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She can't believe it.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She feels justice has been served.
(d) She is angry.
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mind.
(d) His soul.
3. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The friary.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The poor house.
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Baron.
5. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 14 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
4. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
5. What is the Duke disguised as?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)