|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Get opinions from the people.
(c) Observe Angelo.
(d) Help enforce the laws.
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Fear is the best motivator.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
4. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A strict and pious life.
(b) A serious and rigid life.
(c) A free and lively life.
(d) A happy and content life.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Angelo say he cannot stop thinking about?
(b) His new power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke feel Claudio deserves after speaking with the woman in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
3. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)