|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing some jewels.
(b) Insulting a woman.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Speaking out against the Duke.
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) The law.
(d) His heart.
3. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In England.
(b) In a cloister.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) At the palace.
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The poor house.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The friary.
5. What does Angelo say Isabella can do to save her brother?
(a) Marry Angelo.
(b) Take his place.
(c) Take him out of the country.
(d) Give up her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
2. What is Juliet's crime?
3. What does the woman tell the disguised Duke in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
5. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)