|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His heart.
(b) His soul.
(c) His mind.
(d) The law.
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(a) Trying to be popular.
(b) Breaking the law.
(c) Human appetites.
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are aggravating.
(b) They are logical.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are compassionate.
5. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Observe Angelo.
(b) Get opinions from the people.
(c) Help enforce the laws.
(d) Hide from his responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
2. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
3. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
4. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)