|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mind.
2. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of grace and honor.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of pride and anger.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
3. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
(b) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(c) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(d) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
4. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A messenger.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Have him whipped.
(b) Fine him heavily.
(c) Throw him in prison.
(d) Tell his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella ask Angelo when she meets with him the day after pleading for her brother's life?
2. What is Pompey accused of?
3. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
4. What does the Duke ask the provost to tell him?
5. What is Froth accused of doing?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)